Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

my 3 word player analysis V The Porks

joeboy

Green - needs one position

Jones - tries but limited

Bartram - tries but limited

Watts - maturity desperately needed

Bennell - hardly gave whimper

Frawley - will obviously improve

Trengove - gave a damn

Sylvia - classy but overdone

Dunn - continues to underperform

Petterd - given a lesson

Grimes - possessions meant turnovers

Garland - gave it all

Moloney - one trick pony

Jurrah - too easily outmuscled

Rivers - endeavour was pleasing

Martin - continues to excell

Tapscott - should be nominated

Davey - gave early drive

Jetta - showed limited ability

Jamar - was great early

Bail - stood out throughout

Green - needs a rocket

Jones - needs a rocket

Bartram - needs a rocket

Watts - needs a rocket

Bennell - needs a rocket

Frawley - needs a rocket

Trengove - needs a rocket

Sylvia - needs a rocket

Dunn - needs a rocket

Petterd - needs a rocket

Grimes - needs a rocket

Garland - needs a rocket

Moloney - needs a rocket

Jurrah - needs a rocket

Rivers - needs a rocket

Martin - needs a rocket

Tapscott - needs a rocket

Davey - needs a rocket

Jetta - needs a rocket

Jamar - needs a rocket

Bail - needs a rocket

Bailey - hopefully has rockets...

Green - played well until

Jones - gutsy but limited

Bartram - gutsy needs support

Watts - present present present

Bennell - What can say

Frawley - first hit out

Trengove - classy young player

Sylvia - will be gun

Dunn - only when suits

Petterd - un der done

Grimes - over whelmed today

Garland - gave it all

Moloney - tried guts out

Jurrah - only when suits

Rivers - just all heart

Martin - building his credentials

Tapscott - shows he's committed

Davey - just too small

Jetta - over whelmed today

Jamar - crunched by jones

Bail - classy running game

Green - needs a rocket

Jones - needs a rocket

Bartram - needs a rocket

Watts - needs a rocket

Bennell - needs a rocket

Frawley - needs a rocket

Trengove - needs a rocket

Sylvia - needs a rocket

Dunn - needs a rocket

Petterd - needs a rocket

Grimes - needs a rocket

Garland - needs a rocket

Moloney - needs a rocket

Jurrah - needs a rocket

Rivers - needs a rocket

Martin - needs a rocket

Tapscott - needs a rocket

Davey - needs a rocket

Jetta - needs a rocket

Jamar - needs a rocket

Bail - needs a rocket

Bailey - hopefully has rockets...

Gold star for you. That's as good a summary as I've seen. Absolutely spot on.

Green - Age shall weary

Jones - Too easily caught

Bartram - Just a battler

Watts - Keeps showing improvement

Bennell - Down hill skier?

Frawley - Better for run

Trengove - Good first half

Sylvia - Undid good work

Dunn - 2010 a memory

Petterd - Must present harder

Grimes - Numerous brain fades

Garland - Tried until injured

Moloney - Beaten by class

Jurrah - Seems totally lost

Rivers - Solid first half

Martin - Real surprise packet

Tapscott - Two game veteran

Davey - Missing under pressure

Jetta - Not AFL standard

Maric - One quarter limitation

Jamar - Not his best

Bail - Really stood up

Edited by Range Rover

Gold star for you. That's as good a summary as I've seen. Absolutely spot on.

Despite being really angry at us leaving the ground at half time like we had won, I was not going to post today because the team and Bailey know it was a shocker.

However this summary is unfair to some of the backs.

I know Bailey has said no one was good because its played over 4 quarters etc etc.

In particular Tapscott for a second gamer played a very good game (a couple of dodgy kick in decisions but he was not alone there).

At the end he had given absolutely everything and had nothing left in the tank.

The big test for bailey and the team will be to come up with a zone breaking system.

I hope it happens quickly because it resembles the Ugly footy Roos invented for the swans.

I hate seeing our game being played in one half of footy each week.

We wont see the AFL saying its Ugly to Eddie and co. (off topic i know but thats my say for the week.)

Edited by Robbie57

Jurrah was playing up the ground early with Watts deep, that should be reversed, Watts up the ground, Jurrah deep.

Absolutely fasle. Hodge was on Watts so Watts should have dragged Hodge deeper. He was told many times by Green and Petterd to go back but he failed to do so. His failer to read the play is disturbing. People say his body isn't big enough yet, but it's the fact that he struggles to read the play and with Juice kicking 5 he should make way for him.

People have short memories with Moloney, he had 21 contested possesions, this will be more than Bennel and a few others have in one season!

Absolutely fasle. Hodge was on Watts so Watts should have dragged Hodge deeper. He was told many times by Green and Petterd to go back but he failed to do so. His failer to read the play is disturbing. People say his body isn't big enough yet, but it's the fact that he struggles to read the play and with Juice kicking 5 he should make way for him.

People have short memories with Moloney, he had 21 contested possesions, this will be more than Bennel and a few others have in one season!

Here we go, 1 player kicks 5 in the reserves, and he is to be rushed in? If he was a star returning from injury, I'd agree. But the fact is, it's Juice, and it's only 1 game. If he does it again next week, then I'd think about an emergency place for him.

The Rockets post is GOLD !!!

but you actually need another Rocket...and the biggest obe at that for Bailey himnslef...totally out-coached..TOTALLY !! and if that continues whilst I hate to say it it will become a major issue.

3 words ? The team.....

NOT GOOD ENOUGH !!

The Rockets post is GOLD !!!

but you actually need another Rocket...and the biggest obe at that for Bailey himnslef...totally out-coached..TOTALLY !! and if that continues whilst I hate to say it it will become a major issue.

3 words ? The team.....

NOT GOOD ENOUGH !!

When was Bailey outcoached? I thought his match-ups were very, very good. If our team isn't good enough, I don't know if that means we were outcoached?

The fact that we played the quality footy in the 2nd quarter showed me that we are well on track in terms of our goal. Add 40 games to most of those guys and that type of footy will be a regular event.

Guest Gotzy15

Some of mine will be a little more than 3 words

Bartram- Solid and gutsy as always- can hold head high

Frawley- champion in the making just needs more games.

Grimes- Questions starting to arise- needs to either move into middle or get some serious defensive coaching.

Rivers- Has a crack but thats about it, outmarked too easily in one on ones, doesnt provide an option at kick ins, makes poor decisions.

Tapscott- Future captain. Tough, hard, uncompromising, plays with passion, heart and courage.Actually makes good decisions as a defender. Need about 10 more of him at the moment.

Garland- Can wear his red and blue proudly- always has a big job and very rarely lowers his colours,(at least he COMPETES) should be used at kick ins more.

Davey- Extremely dissapointing. cant shake a tag and needs much more prescence and hands on the pill to become an elite midfielder. Would swap him with grimes and get him to play his 'running out of defence role' from 2009 all over again.

Jones- Absolutely F..kn useless. Should be told to delete the twitter account, be dropped to the casey reserves and never pull on the red and blue ever again. Certain delisting. Can go and concentrate on surfing and going out for dinner with the lovely.

Trengove- still young. Comes in and out of games too often. Needs to run harder and get more of the ball. Only upside to him though, will be a top midfielder for sure.

Jamar- Absolute superstar. Should almost be captain with the way he leads on the field. Dominates in the ruck, takes contested marks, runs hard, always provides an option when noone else does. Boys in the middle have to get behind the big russian!!!!

Sylvia- Extremely dissapointing. Should be absolutely cherry ripe by now. Should be in the absolute elite category of AFL midfielders (judd,swan,boyd,watson etc)is absolutely nowhere near it. How long do we persist with ill discipline and inconsistency?

Moloney- Inconsistent. Has some great games where he wins numerous clearances, runs hard, does the in and under type work. Why dont we see this every week? Plays a great game against sydney then a week later doesnt give a yelp. Once again how long do you persist with inconsistency.Can it be tolerated??

Bail- Stood up and taught the more experienced midfielders a lesson. Wears his colours proudly and does a great job week in week out.

Watts- Wont make it- lacks ticker, doesnt chase and doesnt have the body. I know its a big call but im going to stand by it! Hope he proves me wrong!

Jurrah- One trick Pony. Stop trying to take mark of the year, do the team thing, increase your output.Dont be satisfied with 10 disposals and a couple of goals.

Petterd- Need 10 of this guy as well. Only forward who shows any inkling of applying defensive pressure, courageous and talented. Will be twice as good as watts will ever be.

Dunn- Lazy, doesnt do enough.

Jetta- lazy, certain delisting.

Bennell- Downhill Skiier. Is great when he gets the ball but cant keep producing performances of 8-10 disposals and 1 spectacular goal a game. NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Martin- Showing signs of improvement. Worth persisting with.

Green- Ricky Ponting lost it very quickly once he reached 30 odd.Was absolutely magnificent in 2010 but hasnt shown any leadership at all in 2011 and doesnt look anywhere near the player he was last year.

Bailey- Going going gone. Constantly outcoached, cant execute gameplan, doesnt address areas that need urgent work (kick outs) lets go after malthouse.

Green - Going past him

Jones - Lack of talent

Bartram - Tries hard

Watts - Get some mongrel

Bennell - Soft

Frawley - Rusty

Trengove - Went missing

Sylvia - Needs help

Dunn - Silly looking fellow

Petterd - Disappointing

Grimes - One to forget

Garland - Did his job

Moloney - Lack of talent

Jurrah - Soft showpony

Rivers - Surprisingly played well

Martin - Ok - bores me

Tapscott - Love the bloke

Davey - A Davey game

Jetta - Yeah nah

Maric - Bye bye

Jamar - Battled on

Bail - Fast but limited

I received an SMS from a fellow supporter that perfectly summed up the day: "Fears confirmed. Too many with no stomach for it and another batch not good enough".

My Brothers take on proceedings was a close second: "they dogged it".

Green - Slowing down already

Jones - Constantly flat footed

Bartram - Does his job

Watts – Great pack mark

Bennell – Soft as butter

Frawley – Welcome back chip

Trengove – Pressure to much

Sylvia – Led by example

Dunn – Too one dimentional

Petterd – Lairising cost team

Grimes – Forgotten how to kick

Garland – Was very good

Moloney – Needs more tricks

Jurrah – Believing own hype

Rivers – Great defensive game

Martin – Our Leigh Brown

Tapscott – An absolute gem

Davey – Terrific I thought

Jetta – Missing targets, costly

Maric – Not good enough

Jamar – Mauled, needed help

Bail – Continues to surprise

Jones- Absolutely F..kn useless. Should be told to delete the twitter account, be dropped to the casey reserves and never pull on the red and blue ever again. Certain delisting. Can go and concentrate on surfing and going out for dinner with the lovely.

Harsh but probably fair, some classic lines in there for sure

When was Bailey outcoached? I thought his match-ups were very, very good. If our team isn't good enough, I don't know if that means we were outcoached?

The fact that we played the quality footy in the 2nd quarter showed me that we are well on track in terms of our goal. Add 40 games to most of those guys and that type of footy will be a regular event.

It's very simple Billy . despite their poor kicking we'd applied pressure and were in the game until half time . obviously Clarko gave them an almighty blocking and they they rebooted and hammered us. The matchups that originally worked now failed miserably. That we hardly troubled the board not just in the premiership qtr but not really in the last either (all junk by then) gives me the impression Bailey is loathe to get inventive and re-roll the dice. We should have breathed fire come the start of the last. Senior players ought to have stepped up. Bails needs to demand this. I( and I'm not alone) just don't see this happening. I think he's a very good development and mentor type coach. His tactical game day success has yet to be seen. Many a footy mate( many not demons) don't understand why so many changes ar slow if indeed they happen at all.

If something isn't working...change it

Clarko had Bails on toast.

I have used outback toilets with more substance than this post. Reading the play is not his weakness.

He is often in the right position a the right time. He now needs to learn to throw himself at it. As for playing deep - this is not his go at all. He can run all day and has a huge engine - let him roam a bit, including being deep, but don't stick him deep.

As for Juice... please no-one type his name again as an option. Imagine the score from yesterday if he had been in the 22. Shudder.

Edited by Maldonboy38

Green - is captaincy suiting?

Jones - we need him

Bartram - necessary but limited

Watts - Get some mongrel (copied from above)

Bennell - Front runner. Casey

Frawley - will definetly improve

Trengove - classy but intermittent

Sylvia - gun needs help

Dunn - lack of involvement

Petterd - getting better weekly

Grimes - kicking needs practice

Garland - lost without him

Moloney - one poor game

Jurrah - learn to defend

Rivers - good backline leader

Martin - rising to potential

Tapscott - grunt and poise

Davey - half back line

Jetta - Casey

Maric - one more game

Jamar - stuffed without him

Bail - great run and carry

Green - needs one position

Jones - tries but limited

Bartram - tries but limited

Watts - maturity desperately needed

Bennell - hardly gave whimper

Frawley - will obviously improve

Trengove - gave a damn

Sylvia - classy but overdone

Dunn - continues to underperform

Petterd - given a lesson

Grimes - possessions meant turnovers

Garland - gave it all

Moloney - one trick pony

Jurrah - too easily outmuscled

Rivers - endeavour was pleasing

Martin - continues to excell

Tapscott - should be nominated

Davey - gave early drive

Jetta - showed limited ability

Jamar - was great early

Bail - stood out throughout

Dont know what game you were watching, but the forwards did a fantastic job with limited opportunities. You do realise Hawthorn had 40 more inside 50s than melb which managed just 35 for the game! Relax on the harsh assessments

Firstly Those saying Green is too old, can't handle captaincy, etc. What are you Thinking. We all have seen that he has been dissapointing in the first two games but really. He was outstanding last year and was said to be unlucky by many in the media not to be in the AA team. Please wait till atleast round 8 till you right off our captain and outstanding clubman.

Secondly Gotzy15 you need to calm down. But i also think your comment on Jamar is quite off. Yes our midfield was annihilated during the game, but it doesn't help when your ruckmen is tapping it to the other team. And also in the second half they were without their number 1 ruckmen, so this should have been a time where Jamar stood up and dominated the contest. Instead he was outplayed by Hale who is a mediocre ruckmen/forward. And even struggled against Roughhead who was forced to play their through injury. On Sunday i felt that Stef out performed the Russian and i fell Jamar has to sit down and watch the game and look at his errors.

But big Russ i have faith that you will be in the best again next week