Scully's management to talk to Melbourne this week

SoNotFunny

Exactly, it hasn't been completely put to bed.

I feel for tom, I believe he wants to stay a demon and would sign a contract today if he could, but his management see the bigger piece of the pie and want to hold out to increase their payday. They muffled him today, not letting him say anything concrete and only little whispers of how he is actually feeling. The boy just wants to play footy with his mates, and I think he will stay a demon but his management are going to give him the year from hell!

I believe the will say wait for a complete offer from GWS and we will got to MFC and increase your salary. Poor kid

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wants to be a one year player as it is important to his values- would love to be a one club player and anticpiate that it will happen.

You may want to change that bit :-)

thought he did that very well

the only thing i didn't like was he completely dodged the 'why don't you just sign now and get it out of the way' question

But that is clear; because he and his management sat down and decided he should concentrate on football and deal with contracts at the end of the year.

For the exact same reasons someone like Pendlebury would.

No one is accusing Pendlebury or Sylvia or a host of other players in the same boat mercenaries.

Without trying to upset the positive vibe around the news today

I was at golf day with Mike Sheehan last week and he says categorically that Scully has agreed to terms with GWS via his manager. A point to note that Graeme Allan of GWS is a very close friend of Mike's.

Although he has not officially signed with GWS an agreement via his management company Velocity and GWS has been done. Now before you all shoot me down please note that I am passing on what I heard with the other 100 people on that day

I obviously don't want to see him go but the details of this seem like its done

Mike's question at the presser seemed a little strange. Journos often latch on to supposed facts. We've all been guilty of talking about hearsay comments as if they are facts. He and Eddie may look silly in the end. I hope so. Scully's answers did seem scripted but hopefully they are genuine. We are going to have be satisfied with this statement until the contract is finalised. The story won't go away but the boy is so mature and focused he should be able to play good footy this year.

Scully, his family, his managment has had no approach at all from GWS according to Scully (he said absoutley)

Past month has been a learning experience

Just wants to go out and play footy week to week and do the best by the club

Scully's idea for the media conference, club totally supportive, he has nothing to hide

love his team mates, enjoys going to work every morning.

Club has been fantastic to me, coaches staff have been great.

Money doesnt matter, he absolutley loves the club, can see where we are going on and off the field and he wants to be part of the future.

There.

"he and his management sat down and decided he should concentrate on football and deal with contracts at the end of the year."

yeah that's what he said but that's not a reason at all. You have to ask 'yeah but why?' again, after he gives that answer. Obviously the real answer if he was to be totally honest is 'i'm holding out because I am likely to make way more later than now, and that won't necessarily be with Melbourne'. The kid sounds sincere in that he loves the club and has not spoken to anone YET but for mine the situation is still that GWS or someone else can put a big offer on the table between now and season's end and he could still take it

Edited by Curry & Beer

It would be unwise of Scully to categorically commit to the Dees at this stage unless they were to offer a fantastic contract. His currency will build over the year. Think about it. He would be playing the biggest Joker in his pack. He's probably done the right thing for himself. This doesn't mean that he does't want to play for the Dees.

Edited by btdemon

yeah that's what he said but that's not a reason at all. You have to ask 'yeah but why?' again, after he gives that answer. Obviously the real answer if he was to be totally honest is 'i'm holding out because I am likely to make way more later than now, and that won't necessarily be with Melbourne'. The kid sounds sincere but for mine the situation is still that GWS or someone else can put a big offer on the table and he could still take it

He stated that money isn't his objective when it comes to footy. He wants to be a one club player and anticipates this will be the case. What more can he say without actually signing a new contract?

He stated that money isn't his objective when it comes to footy. He wants to be a one club player and anticipates this will be the case. What more can he say without actually signing a new contract?

He also said he'd have to look at it if a giant offer offer was made to him

I did like 'it comes down to values' when asked how he could resist that much money

but again if he is so unconcerned why no signature now

There.

One thing - it was good to hear from Tom.

For me it just confirms what a level headed, fantastic kid we have at the club.

The door is ajar, of course, but from here I will take Tom at his word that no approaches have been made and that he simply wants to play footy.

The most paranoid part in all this for me was the fact that MFC may not have had a chance to even get in the door and negotiate. That the stupid window the AFL allowed would see him lost to us.

That seems not to be the case, that we will be involved heavily in negotiations.

So, it's over to Cam and the boys to convince him where the best place to be is.

Right here.

Exactly.

yeah that's what he said but that's not a reason at all. You have to ask 'yeah but why?' again, after he gives that answer. Obviously the real answer if he was to be totally honest is 'i'm holding out because I am likely to make way more later than now, and that won't necessarily be with Melbourne'. The kid sounds sincere in that he loves the club and has not spoken to anone YET but for mine the situation is still that GWS or someone else can put a big offer on the table between now and season's end and he could still take it

Maybe you should read my entire post.

EXACTLY like Pendlebury and Sylvia and a host of others...

They've made the decision to do the same thing for a reason.

The TV rights deal and the CBA.

That's not to say Scully is determined to milk us for everything he can get, to lock up $800K a year so we can't afford guys like Trengove.

It just means the club may offer him an extra $25K or $50K, which he'd deserve, but the club might feel it is out of our reach without knowing the final implications of the ongoing negotiations.

The stance Scully has take is fair, reasonable and in his best interests.

I dont understand how anyone can have a problem with him doing that.

He also said he'd have to look at it if a giant offer offer was made to him

I did like 'it comes down to values' when asked how he could resist that much money

but again if he is so unconcerned why no signature now

Serious? Have you read the thread?

Exactly what I hoped to hear from Tom.

On reflection, he said far more than I thought he would.

I have said previously that talk is cheap and nothing quite has the same smell as ink on a contract.

His management has explained on at least three occasions I can think of on why he is delaying until later in the season and it is interesting that Pendles has done exactly the same and basically said exactly the same as Tom said in the presser - I just read the headline in HS which says "Pie for Life". I wonder of the HS will say "Demon for Life" as Tom said he wants to be a one club player.

So Tom expressed his love for the club and the players, has been transparent, nothing signed or even offered with/by GWS, wants to be a one club player, Moeny isnt everyting and expects to continue on past this year with MFC.

What else is there to say except to the MFC - do as you have been doing - negotiate quietly and professionally and ensure TS remains at the club

Maybe you should read my entire post.

EXACTLY like Pendlebury and Sylvia and a host of others...

They've made the decision to do the same thing for a reason.

The TV rights deal and the CBA.

That's not to say Scully is determined to milk us for everything he can get, to lock up $800K a year so we can't afford guys like Trengove.

It just means the club may offer him an extra $25K or $50K, which he'd deserve, but the club might feel it is out of our reach without knowing the final implications of the ongoing negotiations.

The stance Scully has take is fair, reasonable and in his best interests.

I dont understand how anyone can have a problem with him doing that.

Yeah he might get an extra 50K from the MFC, which is a good enough reason to hold out til season's end. However, between now and then GWS could still walk in and triple our offer which is another good reason to hold out. So he is not secured is he? Surely I am not saying anything that can even be disputed

Yeah he might get an extra 50K from the MFC, which is a good enough reason to hold out til season's end. However, between now and then GWS could still walk in and triple our offer which is another good reason to hold out. So he is not secured is he? Surely I am not saying anything that can even be disputed

There's no need to take everything he says with a grain of salt. Trust him, trust Jimmy, and trust Cam Schwab. Enjoy the 2011 season and don't worry about what MIGHT be. He'll be a Demon 2012 and beyond.

So no-one wants to be at a club until they sign on the dotted line?

We are talking about intent, not a concrete assurance he will re-sign.

And also, that the rumours are bullsh!t, and I hope ADC and a few others should be contrite today.

Beat me to it RPFC, can't wait to see what ADC has to say...........

"he never categorically said he was staying, he hasn't signed, he didn't deny that GWS approached him through his junior coaches wife's brother, the sky is falling!!!!!!!!!!"

Without trying to upset the positive vibe around the news today

I was at golf day with Mike Sheehan last week and he says categorically that Scully has agreed to terms with GWS via his manager. A point to note that Graeme Allan of GWS is a very close friend of Mike's.

Although he has not officially signed with GWS an agreement via his management company Velocity and GWS has been done. Now before you all shoot me down please note that I am passing on what I heard with the other 100 people on that day

I obviously don't want to see him go but the details of this seem like its done

In his article on March 2, Mike Sheahan did not say categorically that Scully has agreed to terms with GWS. Instead he says that 'Scully finds himself under enormous pressure as speculation mounts that he has committed to GWS from 2012.'

There's a big difference between 'categoric' and 'speculative'. Looks like Mike has had a change of heart about his 'categoric' proof.

Apparently Scully has said there is nothing on the table and that he is fully committed to the Dees for 2011 and beyond. Has said he wants to end his career as a one club player.

Gary "i want to be the next captain of Geelong" Ablett says hi...

Don't get me wrong, i want Tom to sign as much as everyone else, but until the dotted line is signed i believe nothing these footy players/officials say