Demon Shop/New Melbourne Jumpers

MFC4Life

It would have been nice for the club to let ME know as one was for a Christmas present. POOR POOR FORM FROM MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB AND NEW BALANCE. Look out the person working there tomorrow when I go down there.

Get a Life.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a Life.

Yeah probably shouldn't shoot the messanger but will definately be letting them know how disappointing it is not to be advised of such things personally. BTW Roost it pay attention to your own advice.

Edited by Steamin Demon

Thems the breaks. No use getting hot under the collar about it. Teething problems do occur from time to time. And this is a new venture in New Balance. With new designs.

Keep beating the chest WYL. That will make a difference. :rolleyes:

Not the point HT, with a large run like this, there should be better Quality Control. It's the fact that this first run is now locked in till April 20011, and it is not what the club ordered.

It means discounted jumpers till easter....not good business sadly.

Remember the words...."Failure requires no preparation" maybe New Balance need to check their practise runs next time.

It's not the end of the world, but it is highly annoying and if that is chest beating-so be it B)

Honestly, get over it.

These things happen - it's life.

There's no need to be critical of every little aspect that isn't 100% spot on...

I wouldn't worry about it, if we could get a replacement run in 2-3 weeks. But to wait till April till the problem is fixed is very disappointing.

Fair point, but many wouldn't, and that is cash & profit the club doesn't get.

it's 5 months of not having what we actually ordered.

But if the retail discount is matched by a similar wholesale discount from NB then no loss of revenue

In fact at $79 and the fault being minor they may actually sell more and therefore make more?

That doesn't help those who have to wait till April though and miss them as Xmas presents.

Fair point, but many wouldn't, and that is cash & profit the club doesn't get.

it's 5 months of not having what we actually ordered.

That's life.

There are always teething problems with new product runs, and we are still able to sell the faulty jumpers and make a profit. We would have got those at a highly discounted price from NB, so our profit margin shouldn't be affected.

It's just bad timing with Chinese New Year. Otherwise we wouldn't have to wait so long for the next batch.

That's life.

There are always teething problems with new product runs, and we are still able to sell the faulty jumpers and make a profit. We would have got those at a highly discounted price from NB, so our profit margin shouldn't be affected.

It's just bad timing with Chinese New Year. Otherwise we wouldn't have to wait so long for the next batch.

well as long as we got a good renegotiated price from New Balance i can live with it, but i shall be waiting till April.

As i was never a fan of the light blue, and i want that Emblem to be right, the stars on the back i do not really mind.

On the positive side, they might even become collectors items in the future, at the least a good conversation piece.

When the mint make a small mistake they become valuable collectibles

A double bargain!

Smart move..

Not the point HT, with a large run like this, there should be better Quality Control. It's the fact that this first run is now locked in till April 20011, and it is not what the club ordered.

It means discounted jumpers till easter....not good business sadly.

Remember the words...."Failure requires no preparation" maybe New Balance need to check their practise runs next time.

It's not the end of the world, but it is highly annoying and if that is chest beating-so be it B)

Seriously, is it really that big of a deal? Whose going to notice a different shade of blue on a tiny logo?

And it's their first go at an Aussie rules jumper. It could have been worse.

Guess I'll be buying two instead of one now.

Just out of interest (if anoyone could answer that'd be great)

I've pre-ordered to pick up one of each with numbers on the back. I'd still love to pick them up - will the club still keep them aside/iron the numbers on?

Seriously, is it really that big of a deal? Whose going to notice a different shade of blue on a tiny logo?

And it's their first go at an Aussie rules jumper. It could have been worse.

Guess I'll be buying two instead of one now.

Not the point mate. It's not what the club ordered. This is our new "Brand" We spent a lot of time designing this jumper, so it should be right.

But if you wish to buy 2 then cool.

Did you even read what you just quoted?

Yeah, I did. And I did again thanks to your question. My response to J-Riv supports his belief that the "club would be filthy with this stuff up". Hence I stated that they were indeed disappointed. I then also provided a little more info after my visit to the demon shop on Friday, that it was the fault of the manufacturer.

Any other queries on my quoting CB ?

For those interested only xxl left in the home tops, they do have some away ones left in other sizes. Bit dissapointed I was hoping to get an xl in the home style but bad luck I guess

I'm not going to pitchfork the club or anything, but I will say I'm a little disappointed at how the club has handled this issue.

We pre-ordered one of each about a month ago and now have been told that none/not many were put aside and so we can't get a home one. It seems that each person we speak to has been told different things. I won't divulge what was said on a public site - but it certainly doesn't seem that the staff are on the same page/have been told how to handle it. I think it's just the communication that has disappointed me. Us having to call to then find out we're short a Chrissy pressie isn't great.

I'd have thought a members email, at least, would've been sent out so the club could be on the front foot. I'm certainly no expert on these matters so correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd have thought the club would've known about this issue by last Thursday at the latest and could've let us know.

Yeah, I do have to agree on that point.

The only way I know the jumper I ordered a month ago won't be delivered before Christmas is from reading demonland.

Nowhere else have I seen it mentioned or communicated to me.

I went in on Saturday and grabbed a discounted jumper, couldn't believe my luck that they were so cheap. Wasn't until after I'd purchased, got the number printed, and tried to order another one for a mate that I was told they they were actually defects. Thankfully I don't care about the issues - I actually think the stars look better in gold and you'd never notice the border colour unless you knew what you were looking for. For $40 less I reckon it's a steal, but I can echo the comments above about the communications being a little below par.

For those interested, Tom in the shop said he would know during the week if he was getting more of the "defect" jumpers in, so to give them a call on Wednesday if you wanted to get one.

Yeah, I do have to agree on that point.

The only way I know the jumper I ordered a month ago won't be delivered before Christmas is from reading demonland.

Nowhere else have I seen it mentioned or communicated to me.

totally agree. i want my xmas pressie!

actually the shop in general is a bit of a joke. parking always seems to be an issue on non match days, on match days it is packed to the rafters and no one can move, there seems to be just stuff everywhere, there seems to be different things on the website as in the store sometimes...... if it wasnt the demon shop i pretty much wouldnt be in there.

also i think they could have a heap more products. just a poke through the tottenham hotspur shop site ( http://shop.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs08/ ) and ours doesnt compare really, although im sure they are better resourced...

Well yeah, compared to Spurs I'd imagine our shop would be a bit different.

Different sized supporter base though.

I've been in the Arsenal shop at the Emirates before and in spite of the immense size & range, they still didn't have the simple item I was looking for.

Well yeah, compared to Spurs I'd imagine our shop would be a bit different.

Different sized supporter base though.

I've been in the Arsenal shop at the Emirates before and in spite of the immense size & range, they still didn't have the simple item I was looking for.

Are you saying Spurs or Melbourne have more fans?