NFL

Dappa Dan

Much anticipated game tomorrow

Bills @ Jets

Storylines everywhere and a tremendous QB match-up (Rodgers vs Allen)

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1

On 9/6/2023 at 5:11 PM, Gorgoroth said:

Week one is always so hard, so I’ll give a hand to you all….

Dont tip the Rams at Seattle 😂

You were saying? 🤨

Great win by the Rams, one thing you can say about the NFL is it is unpredictable. Entertaining first week of games, let's hope the Jets can finish the week off with a win tomorrow against Buffalo.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2023 at 3:34 PM, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't know about the other conference but I have a soft spot for the Jags and Bengals, would like to see them do well.

Actually NFC wise Panthers are my team, played for a "Panthers" team in junior footy and like the colours, hopefully they've hit gold with their young QB. I also don't mind the Saints, New Orleans is one of the few US cities I actually would like to visit.

To add to this, the Titans is another team I've enjoyed following the last few years. Derek Henry is a beast.

But on the flipside, teams I hate? The Pats obviously, although I have cheered them on in Superbowls because they're my wife's team (she is a Cats and Pats fan 🤣).

I haven't liked the Falcons but last year I was starting to turn, and I realised it was just Matt Ryan I didn't like. I'm not a fan of the Giants or Steelers either and there's something about Mahomes/Kelce and the Chiefs that rubs me the wrong way. Maybe it's just tall poppy syndrome as all the teams I hate seem to be the successful ones and the ones I like are all perennial underachievers - maybe it's subconscious empathy as a Demons supporter 🤣

I don't like the Colts or Broncos, especially now that Russell Wilson is there. I like the Raiders but couldn't get behind them with Carr there, now that he's gone and Jimmy G is QB I can start to like them again (though it poses a problem for the Saints soft spot - I forgot he'd gone there until today). I find the Chargers a bit bland but have a soft spot due to Darren Bennett being a HoF'er there. They annoy me though because they're one of those teams that I just can never tip right - if I tip them they lose, I tip against them they win. Always ruin my multis and especially being a west coast team playing late, o often get a few legs in the early games and it falls apart in the late afternoon games.

Does anyone else have teams they hate, maybe irrationally?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

You were saying? 🤨

Great win by the Rams, one thing you can say about the NFL is it is unpredictable. Entertaining first week of games, let's hope the Jets can finish the week off with a win tomorrow against Buffalo.

I had the live play by play on my computer at work and was constantly waiting for them to roll us. 
Seattle in Seattle is always hard. Still stunned tbh.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

Rodgers doesn’t even last the first series before being carted off, limping quite a bit.

Torn achilles and that's season over from a few reports.  And at 39, that might be it

Next up is Zac Wilson or Joe Flacco

• Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

The life of a Jets fan. FFS.

Garrett Wilson is a freak. Beast Hall first game back from an ACL is a star. Our D is phenomenal.

Then our QB goes down 4 minutes into the season because our Oline resembles a bunch of turnstiles.

Great to get the win but my enthusiasm for this season just dropped immensely. Can we break the playoffs drought (the longest in all US sports I believe)?

Surely we go and grab someone, we can't be relying on Zach Wilson and a practice squad guy. I think we got rid of Flacco and he was useless last year when needed anyway. Could we go after someone like Jameis Winston? Mariota? Who else might be out there? Someone? Anyone????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The life of a Jets fan. FFS.

Garrett Wilson is a freak. Beast Hall first game back from an ACL is a star. Our D is phenomenal.

Then our QB goes down 4 minutes into the season because our Oline resembles a bunch of turnstiles.

Great to get the win but my enthusiasm for this season just dropped immensely. Can we break the playoffs drought (the longest in all US sports I believe)?

Surely we go and grab someone, we can't be relying on Zach Wilson and a practice squad guy. I think we got rid of Flacco and he was useless last year when needed anyway. Could we go after someone like Jameis Winston? Mariota? Who else might be out there? Someone? Anyone????

Yeah it’s interesting, Wilson looked better as the game went on, but I don’t think you can stay with him. 
Whats the cap space like for the Jets?

@layzie @Gorgoroth @JV7 @DeeSpencer @Go the Biff @titan_uranus @BDA @Dr. Gonzo @Clintosaurus @DemonDave @Dee Zephyr @Dappa Dan @SthSea22

We play for 1 point only this week but a bonus point is on offer for the creative types

Niners 7.5 point favs at the Rams? 

Leaderboard Tipping Comp

2 - DemonDave,  Go the Biff,  Dr. Gonzo,  layzie,  Clintosaurus

0 - Everyone else 🤔

image.png.680009155f3c023c8f15096ffc4d8be5.png

5 hours ago, SthSea22 said:

Raiders maybe a smokey 

At Buffalo this week.  Touch road game, SS

• Like 1

On 9/12/2023 at 3:40 PM, Macca said:

Torn achilles and that's season over from a few reports.  And at 39, that might be it

Next up is Zac Wilson or Joe Flacco

I think that's it. By all reports was toying with retirement before this season  Achilles at 39? Big ask to keep going.

• Sad 2

16 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

Yeah it’s interesting, Wilson looked better as the game went on, but I don’t think you can stay with him. 
Whats the cap space like for the Jets?

Not sure but I can't imagine it's great although we still have a number of key players on rookie deals (Wilson, Gardner, Hall in particular).

1 hour ago, layzie said:

Sounds like Kaepernick's agent has been in touch as you'd expect. 

How long has he been out of the league for? I didn't really like his playing style at the 9ers and thought they got lucky to make it as far as they did with him. No thanks, but not because of his politics.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

How long has he been out of the league for? I didn't really like his playing style at the 9ers and thought they got lucky to make it as far as they did with him. No thanks, but not because of his politics.

Since the 16 season. 

They've just come out and said it's not happening and that's the right call.

Kap had some success with read option offenses. I can't see him running a conventional west coast offense let alone an offense designed for Aaron Rodgers. Even when he was good he couldn't throw from the pocket consistently enough. Hard pass from me as well. 

• Like 2