Cameron Bruce (ouch)

GRUN DEE

On the other hand

should the player just lie down and agree?

Interestingly in this situation there has been no bagging of Bruce by the club or any of the players!

Unlike C. Johnson and McLean no adverese comments have come from anyone inside the club.

The only upset people appear to be the uninformed posters .

No, it's Bruce's prerogative to go to the hawks as he did.

BUT

- Bruce's clumsy attempts at justifying his decision have not helped his cause.

I think the club realise his actions speak for themselves to most people (although what people are hearing seems to differ).

- the FD should not be criticized for sticking to their guns.

This was not a decision made on a whim; the FD made a calculated decision of what Bruce deserved to be offered, in the best interests of the club, and they did not budge.

- I'm not sure who is upset by Bruce's decision, but it is certainly not me.

I have merely questioned his timing and his motivation for leaving.

Personally I think we are better off without him.

- As WYL has alluded to, Bruce will likely come to regret this decision.

His chances of winning a premiership, in my view, are no greater at the hawks (although he has more chance of being in the best 22). Rather than being known as a one-club player he is now in a bit of a no-man's land.

Deserted MFC so it will always be a bit awkward there.

At HFC he will be a Melbourne player who defected for a few years at the end of his career.

He will be somewhat accepted by both clubs, but it's just not the same.

Edited by E25

The Club always looked after Cameron Bruce, maybe a little too well in hindsight.

No-one can argue Cam didnt keep up his end of the bargain. IF he was paid well it's because he performed and because there wasn't anyone else there to take $ away from him. Hardly his fault.

If you take out the football and imagine yourself in your workplace where management offers you good money because you re a good worker in a company full of average ones then good luck to you.

No, it's Bruce's prerogative to go to the hawks as he did.

BUT

- Bruce's clumsy attempts at justifying his decision have not helped his cause. 

I think the club realise his actions speak for themselves to most people (although what people are hearing seems to differ).

- the FD should not be criticized for sticking to their guns.

This was not a decision made on a whim; the FD made a calculated decision of what Bruce deserved to be offered, in the best interests of the club, and they did not budge.

- I'm not sure who is upset by Bruce's decision, but it is certainly not me.

I have merely questioned his timing and his motivation for leaving.

Personally I think we are better off without him.

- As WYL has alluded to, Bruce will likely come to regret this decision.

His chances of winning a premiership, in my view, are no greater at the hawks (although he has more chance of being in the best 22). Rather than being known as a one-club player he is now in a bit of a no-man's land.

Deserted MFC so it will always be a bit awkward there.

At HFC he will be a Melbourne player who defected for a few years at the end of his career.

He will be somewhat accepted by both clubs, but it's just not the same.

Totally agree. It is frustrating he left for nothing. that we didnt get a draft pick for him (even a low one) and that because of his veteran status we cannot even open up another spot on our list for a rookie. also the revelation that he contacted the hawks and not the other way around.....that annoys me. but like i said before, he was a liablity.....so who cares.

I'm missing the heart of each (any?) argument.

What are people actually arguing? Is anyone arguing, or are people just vehemently stating their respective points of view?

I'm missing the heart of each (any?) argument.

What are people actually arguing? Is anyone arguing, or are people just vehemently stating their respective points of view?

Thomo and Bobby are (still) saying we pushed out a bloke we offered a contract to.

I guess we were bluffing...

Honestly...

And about this 'glass 1/2 full' thing.

The glass is obviously empty because we didn't offer the water a second year and that is a massive slap in the face to the water as it as now moved to ... i don't know... the toilet bowl.

I think we are getting better with our metaphors surrounding MFCSS.

It's good, good...

No-one can argue Cam didnt keep up his end of the bargain. IF he was paid well it's because he performed and because there wasn't anyone else there to take $ away from him. Hardly his fault.

If you take out the football and imagine yourself in your workplace where management offers you good money because you re a good worker in a company full of average ones then good luck to you.

Certainly, but when the club realizes it must improve in all areas to actually get better, that same player in the twilight years of a good, but not brilliant career i would have thought would be stoked to still get paid to play with these young kids.

I mean lets be honest Brucey would have already set himself and his family up well by now. So it aint the money he is after.

He was a big fish in a little pond, but he isn't now-and i think that's a reason he felt uncomfortable.

Which is why in a few years he will be regretting this....After hearing him speak on radio, his answers just didn't stack up. But its his decision not mine.

I Hate Hawthorn & Kennett!!! Bring on Round 2, lets pack the joint.

As I understand it, you can have either 2 veterans, 2 rookies or 1 of each playing on your main list.

Bruce leaving meant we were able to take an extra pick in the rookie draft, possibly allowing us to claim Campbell, and one rookie will be able to play.

Guest Thomo

Thomo and Bobby are (still) saying we pushed out a bloke we offered a contract to.

No I didn't.

I said that he gave the club 10 good years and I don't think that he deserves the bagging he is getting.

I actually said "He knows that his days are numbered at Melbourne, so he has looked for an opportunity elsewhere in the hope of extending his career"

You should read my posts before making things up.

Guest Thomo

Criticism of the way he plays the game is just as valid now as it was when he was on our list.

Years of service are irrelevant.

Agree, but I think that some posts in this thread have gone beyond that. And I don't like being misquoted.

Speaking of quotes, do you like my signature?

Can't see it, I have signatures disabled.

Couldn't really care less anyway.

edit: ok, I had a look at your profile to see it.

Not bad, but I've done much better in the past (on reflection it would've worked better if I used a really juvenile insult like calling you a "skinner").

If you've seen many of my posts you might know that that's one of my favourites: the blissfully ignorant ironic post.

Don't take it all so seriously.

Edited by E25

Guest Thomo

Can't see it, I have signatures disabled.

Couldn't really care less anyway.

edit: ok, I had a look at your profile to see it.

Not bad, but I've done much better in the past.

If you've seen many of my posts you might know that that's one of my favourites: the blissfully ignorant ironic post.

Don't take it all so seriously.

I have it as my signature because I don't take this stuff seriously. I got it and thought it wasn't to bad.

Guest Thomo

Nah, I've done better.

Like mine?

I'll change it back in 5, but for now I want to enjoy it.

Good stuff, he might need to spend a bit of time with Greg Matthews first.

What was it..?

Practise match at Windy Hill from memory: -

Deeflog:

im starting to get very nervous about Jurrah, this will be 2 very bad games in a row for him

45HG16

Are you here [censored]? Jurrah's getting into it.

Deeflog:

no mate, just going by the lack of posts that don't have his name in it...