2010 Player Review - # 13 Jordie McKenzie (rookie)

Demonland

Was promoted off the rookie list and made an impact right from round one. Consolidated himself in the senior side. Ranked fifth overall in the AFL for tackles per game and looks set to be the direct replacement for McDonald -Luke Holmesby melbournefc

Games MFC 2010 19 Total 22 Goals MFC 2010 2 Total 2

Games CSFC 2010 2 Goals CSFC 2010 0

Love him.

The sort of player that players love playing with, coaches love to coach and supporters love to support.

Not the fastest, smartest and most talented, but has the heart and hardness to make up for it. Although I must say his skills are surprisingly good. He's not a spectacular kick, but he is very reliable with his disposal. I'd say marking should be one of his focus areas in this pre season, just to give him an added dimension to his game.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

I'm thinking that in a couple of years a disputed ball might go like this:

Opp player grabs the ball and is tackled by Jordie who makes the ball spill free. Gysberts crashes into the pack, gathers and gives a handball to Scully. Scully bursts out of traffic and hand balls to a running Trengove in space, and he hits Watts on the chest. Watts doesn't lose a moment playing on and pin points a pass to JUUURRRRAAAAHHH! in the goal square. GOAL!

Repeat each week.

he's a great player...my dad loves him....his tackling pressure is fantastic.

If i had to be critical of him i'd say i'm concerned with his lack of leg speed. I will be interested if other think the same.?

You are looking for the perfect footballer if you're querying his speed.

Didn't worry Junior.

Anyway, we have Trengove and Scully.

They can be perfect.

McKenzie will just be the bloke at the bottom of the pack getting them the footy...

Jordie has become one of my absolute favourites.

I just love his attitude and his attack on the ball, and his tackling is out of this world. Not just the number of tackles, but the quality of them - he makes them hurt.

I'm thinking that in a couple of years a disputed ball might go like this:

Opp player grabs the ball and is tackled by Jordie who makes the ball spill free. Gysberts crashes into the pack, gathers and gives a handball to Scully. Scully bursts out of traffic and hand balls to a running Trengove in space, and he hits Watts on the chest. Watts doesn't lose a moment playing on and pin points a pass to JUUURRRRAAAAHHH! in the goal square. GOAL!

Repeat each week.

that's pretty much what goes through my head just before falling asleep every night

If all the team played like Jordie every week we would win 4 flags in a row no problem.

Just love his passion-Took the game on from Round 1. (was the reason i watched the 2nd Half of that awful game against Hawthorn) Jordie was ripping it up.

Well done Mr Mckenzie. May 2011 be even better. B)

Outstanding year form Jordie. The start of the season was full of talk about Scully/TRengove/Tapscott/Gysberts and how they were going to make a difference. Who would of thought that it would be Jordie that made the biggest impact on this side in 2010? I will put my hand up and say I didn't see it coming. I was high on all of the new draftees, now I am all about Jordie's great play.

I have already professed my admiration for Jordie on other threads. I will highlight just one phrase in the opening to this thread. A player who started the season 19yo on the rookie list was:

RANKED FIFTH OVERALL IN THE AFL FOR TACKLES PER GAME

Absolutely awesome & unbelievable!

These are the guys that win premierships in modern football. Jordie will get a bigger body and get even better. He doesn't need to be quick. He just needs to get from stoppage to stoppage. He also has beautiful hands to get the ball out to the likes of Scully & Trengove. Others will draw more attention but I'm going to love watching Jordie "get the ball" for our multi-premiership team over the next decade.

We can't just re-sign him.

We must use a late draft pick to elevate him to the senior list.

Since he turned down a senior spot at Adelaide last year and instead offered to stay on as a rookie so we could use one more draft pick, I doubt he is going anywhere.

Relax.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Worried after reading some other threads on this site. Football dept have done a great job re-signing many of our emerging stars. But Jordie is listed as uncontracted. He's almost the first to resign in my book! Can someone please reassure me? Signed a devout Jordie admirer

If he KB'ed a deal with the Crows to stay a rookie last year I reckon he is one of ours through and through. No proof or sources but I really don't see it happening another way.

I'm amazed at the euphoric admiration of Jordie. He's had a good start, but an aweful long way to go. Plays exceptionally well inside, but unless he develops his outside game significantly he won't go far. The game is increasingly becoming a running game. He is competing for Nathan Jones position. Hard to fit both in in the long run.

I'm amazed at the euphoric admiration of Jordie. He's had a good start, but an aweful long way to go. Plays exceptionally well inside, but unless he develops his outside game significantly he won't go far. The game is increasingly becoming a running game. He is competing for Nathan Jones position. Hard to fit both in in the long run.

I take it you don't get to watch many games then?