David Hale

Demon Tragic

Now your being cute Nasher, Serhat termel wasn't all that popular, some liked, some didn't & many liked others. Burt there wasn't a general consensus on any one player so much.

And in this thread there is no general consensus. To quote the famous dee-luded, in this thread regarding Hale, "some liked, some didn't, & many liked others".

Mass consensus my arse.

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell that to any politician in Canberra. They don't worry about what A person thinks this way or that,,,,,BUT when you get a Mass backlash after an event or If you get a strong list of people writing in their objections to an issue, and it's well supported, the management Will listen and consider the implications.

Ugh!!

Like when they didn't renew Robbo's contract. :rolleyes:

Wow there must have been some sleepness nights in the Footy department over that!

Is a strong list of people a sample set of the MASS public opinion?

They'd use it both ways, to communicate better information about an issue that maybe isn't understood well. Or if there was a big backlash, they may very well reconsider their thinking. It just would depend on the issue & the feelings it caused amongst the rank & file.

When was the last major backlash that the Footy Department reacted on? Was it one inflamed in the Herald Sun?

And who is the "rank and file" of MFC? Nasher? HT? JCB31? :blink:

You actually reckon they have read this thread and listened, dont you?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/103873/default.aspx

Tim Harrington:

"There's obviously competitive tension is all these deals but before you go into it, you've got to be very clear what your starting point and ending point might be.

"One thing that can happen is you can individually and collectively as a team and a club get caught up in the chase."

All up, Harrington said talks with the Kangaroos had been pleasing throughout the trade period.

He also says Hale will be an important addition to the Demons despite the fact he is unlikely to improve physically at the age of 26.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/103873/default.aspx

Tim Harrington:

"There's obviously competitive tension is all these deals but before you go into it, you've got to be very clear what your starting point and ending point might be.

"One thing that can happen is you can individually and collectively as a team and a club get caught up in the chase."

All up, Harrington said talks with the Kangaroos had been pleasing throughout the trade period.

He also says Hale will be an important addition to the Demons despite the fact he is unlikely to improve physically at the age of 26.

I'd love to know what your point is? Am I missing something? Does it say somewhere there that he listened to the deluded one?

I'd love to know what your point is? Am I missing something? Does it say somewhere there that he listened to the deluded one?

IMO, he's heard of our concerns & is doing his bit to alleviate those. It's totally parallel to what we've been discussing.

IMO, he's heard of our concerns & is doing his bit to alleviate those. It's totally parallel to what we've been discussing.

Totally parallel. Doesn't connect at any point, to infinity in either direction.

Come on, Deeluded.

Jeez...

I'm pretty arrogant, but not even I think anyone at the MFC is reading my anonymous posting and taking anything from it.

I'll believe in extra-terristerial visitors before you can convince me of that...

I think we should all go over to the Hawthorn message board, create new accounts pretending to be Hawks supporters, and start up a thread about trading Buddy for Maric, and voice our anger if it does not happen.

Trade week made simple.

I think we should all go over to the Hawthorn message board, create new accounts pretending to be Hawks supporters, and start up a thread about trading Buddy for Maric, and voice our anger if it does not happen.

Trade week made simple.

Now that is multi-lateral thinking!

Come on, Deeluded.

Jeez...

I'm pretty arrogant, but not even I think anyone at the MFC is reading my anonymous posting and taking anything from it.

I'll believe in extra-terristerial visitors before you can convince me of that...

If you were in business you'd do the same thing surely. Trying to 'here' your clientelle, and make sure you keep them satisfied.

No clients - no business.

Thats what sport is reliant on, the people being interested and happy, and attending the sport in all its mediums. All sports listen to their supporters,,, because if No supporters come along, there will be no interest, and therefore no money and therefore no professionals. Etc, Etc, Etc.

I think I get the feeling that this difference is that I believe the game is totally about the people. And maybe many of you guys think the game is about the players.

Come on, Deeluded.

Jeez...

There's no arrogance in the fact that Schwabby posts here, or that as he's stated he encourages his staff to keep intouch through the 'boards', reading & using the infomation to help them perform the jobs more effectively.

The media also read, & post from time to time, these footy boards.

If you were in business you'd do the same thing surely. Trying to 'here' your clientelle, and make sure you keep them satisfied.

Thats what sport is reliant on, the people being interested and happy, and attending the sport in all its mediums. All sports listen to their supporters,,, because if No supporters come along, there will be no interest, and therefore no money and therefore no professionals. Etc, Etc, Etc.

I think I get the feeling that this difference is that I believe the game is totally about the people. And maybe many of you guys think the game is about the players.

Maybe you should change your nick-name to "Maximus Belligerans" ? B)

There's no arrogance in the fact that Schwabby posts here, or that as he's stated he encourages his staff to keep intouch through the 'boards', reading & using the infomation to help them perform the jobs more effectively.

The media also read, & post from time to time, these footy boards.

Yes, officials have posted here in the past. And I am sure that when stupid rumours start the best thing to do is get on here and put out the fire.

But that is far away from the interaction coming from the opposite direction.

Our input on decisions during trade week is non-existant.

If it looks like we have input, it it the convergence of coincidence brought about by the fact that, like Harrington, we all want what we each feel is best for the footy club. It is a perceived input.

It is what you have perceived.

But it is a mirage. It is smoke.

My god, I can go on...

Its "hear" not "here".

Paid professionals are employed to use their experience and judgement in the exercise of functional roles within the Club.

So its rather gormless on their part to allow those judgements to tainted,clouded by elements in that industry that have little or no knowledge in those areas.

The clients you speak want a successful club. Few would actually know how to run one. We employ expert people to do that.

We give them responsibility and make them accountable for it.

When it comes to strategic football department issues (trading/recruiting/list management), the Board have empowered individuals to do that and they are responsible and acountable for outcomes. If there fishing for information on an internet site then they may as well google the job ads for their next job.

The game is about the people. When I last looked I thought the players and Football department staff were people.

And its beggars any basic belief how you could expect strategic list management decisions to be influenced by the anonymous postings on an internet site and try to pass it off as "MASS Public Opinion" and "rank and file".

Yes, officials have posted here in the past. And I am sure that when stupid rumours start the best thing to do is get on here and put out the fire.

But that is far away from the interaction coming from the opposite direction.

Our input on decisions during trade week is non-existant.

If it looks like we have input, it it the convergence of coincidence brought about by the fact that, like Harrington, we all want what we each feel is best for the footy club. It is a perceived input.

It is what you have perceived.

But it is a mirage. It is smoke.

My god, I can go on...

Don't need to, but for all the pro 1st Rnd pick Postors, there were many more against. This is not to say that they intended to use the 1st Rnd pick, as rumored,,, but this thread made it known it wouldn't be popular if they eventually did.

no - "big time belligerant" - you never give up - take it as a compliment B)

another interpretation would be "total-war" a'la 1941, but thats not what I meant

Thats how I've survived, but when I googled it, it came up in bloody Italian everywhere, HaHaHa, I then I found similar sounding words, but It was a bit vague. Thanks Mate.

Oh, by the way, I do give up If I realise I've been wrong. And then I'll apologise.