Changes for next week

MadAsHell

For me

IN: Maric, McDonald, Trengove

OUT: Bennell, Johnson, MacDonald

McDonald & Trengove are automatics for mine, and I believe Maric has done enough to earn a spot in the team, and those of you who saw him play with Casey on saturday would probably agree.

All 3 who I have omitted are unlucky but I saw them as the 3 best suited to miss out. Bennell kicked a few but just doesn't do enough IMO. Johnson had his best game for the season but I've seen him do this several times before and not follow it up. Also with Mike Pyke as Sydney's 2nd ruckman, I believe Jamar will be able to mainly ruck with Dunn providing some support. As for Joel MacDonald he's unlucky as he played a decent game but with Rivers, Frawley, Garland and Bruce already playing down there they will be able to cover Sydney's talls/medium sized forwards.

FB: Garland, Frawley, Bartram

HB: Bruce, Rivers, Bail

C: Morton, McKenzie, Davey

HF: Sylvia, Bate, Maric

FF: Watts, Jurrah, Green

FOLL: Jamar, Moloney, McDonald

INT: Dunn, Jones, Scully, Trengove

EMERG: Bennell, Johnson, MacDonald

Edit: Clarify Johnson omission.

Edited by Tall Defence

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnson??? MacDonald?????

Come on, they were two of our best today.

For mine - Bate needs a good kick up the backside. Back to Casey.

In: Trengove

Out: Bate

If McDonald is to come back in - I'd drop Bartram, or Moloney might be injured.

For me

IN: Maric, McDonald, Trengove

OUT: Bennell, Johnson, MacDonald

McDonald & Trengove are automatics for mine, and I believe Maric has done enough to earn a spot in the team, and those of you who saw him play with Casey on saturday would probably agree.

All 3 who I have omitted are unlucky but I saw them as the 3 best suited to miss out. Bennell kicked a few but just doesn't do enough IMO. Johnson had his best game for the season but I've seen him do this several times before and not follow it up. Also with Mike Pyke as Sydney's 2nd ruckman, I believe Jamar will be able to mainly ruck with Dunn providing some support. As for Joel MacDonald he's unlucky as he played a decent game but with Rivers, Frawley, Garland and Bruce already playing down there they will be able to cover Sydney's talls/medium sized forwards.

FB: Garland, Frawley, Bartram

HB: Bruce, Rivers, Bail

C: Morton, McKenzie, Davey

HF: Sylvia, Bate, Maric

FF: Watts, Jurrah, Green

FOLL: Jamar, Moloney, McDonald

INT: Dunn, Jones, Scully, Trengove

EMERG: Bennell, Johnson, MacDonald

Edit: Clarify Johnson omission.

Has to be up there for "Worst Post of the Year" award for mine.

Bizarre. You have ommitted three of the days better performers.

I agree Johnson & MacDonald both did play quite good games. Bennell was ok, didn't think he was amongst our best though.

Johnson??? MacDonald?????

Come on, they were two of our best today.

For mine - Bate needs a good kick up the backside. Back to Casey.

If McDonald is to come back in - I'd drop Bartram, or Moloney might be injured.

You could actually be onto something with Bate.

Moloney was only a corky I think so hopefully he'll be right. Can't see them dropping Bartram though.

I can't see how you would drop Bennell. Doesn't look like he does much on tv, but she sure does lots off the ball. When he gets it something usually happens.

I'd swap captains but that would never happen.

Trengove back in if he's fit, and Mcdonald (who knows) for Jones and Moloney other than that, no change

Out: Moloney (inj?), Bate, Jones (sick of watching him run into trouble. He needs to go back to basics at Casey).

In: Junior (if fit), Trengove (if fit), Grimes (if fit). Maric if one of the other 3 aren't fit.

I agree Johnson & MacDonald both did play quite good games. Bennell was ok, didn't think he was amongst our best though.

So why are you omitting both PJ and Joel Mac???? :/ FOOL!

IN: Maric (surely has done enough!!), Trengove, McDonald (hopefully fit!!)

OUT: Bennell, Morton, McKenzie (reluctant)

- Assuming Moloney will pull up ok from his corky.

- Would love to see Bail have a run on the MCG.

- Surely McKenzie has done enough to retain his spot but he is an easy omission if Junior comes back!!!

Edited by DeezMan

I'm going to run with the assumption that Junior won't get up. I'm guessing Moloney may be under some doubt as well, but I'll assume he'll play for now.

Out: Dunn

Easy.

Dunn? The same bloke that tagged Pav for big parts of the game and restricted his impact?

You want easy?

In: Trengove - really missed him today.

I can't see how you would drop Bennell. Doesn't look like he does much on tv, but she sure does lots off the ball. When he gets it something usually happens.

I'd swap captains but that would never happen.

Trengove back in if he's fit, and Mcdonald (who knows) for Jones and Moloney other than that, no change

Jamie Bennell is right up there with the other exciting young players on the list. He can collect the ball at speed and is a very good mark.

We don't have a lot of X factor players, Bennell is one.

Couldn't disagree more with the OP. Joel MacDonald played like Superman in the third quarter today and was good in the others. Bennell only needs 10 touches a game to have an impact - he is so dangerous up forward. And PJ, despite his limiatations, was great!!!

For mine:

Ins. Trengove, McDonald

Outs. Moloney (INJ), Jones

Jones was good after half time but someone needs to make way for the skipper and his first half today was abhorrent.

Come to think of it, maybe Bate out ahead of Jones.

Edited by Sylvia Saint

Has to be up there for "Worst Post of the Year" award for mine.

Ha. Agreed whole-heartedly.

Out: Moloney (inj?), Bate, Jones (sick of watching him run into trouble. He needs to go back to basics at Casey).

In: Junior (if fit), Trengove (if fit), Grimes (if fit). Maric if one of the other 3 aren't fit.

Don't think Grimes will be ready.

Junior and Trengove- yep.

Maric- ? How about 2 good performances at Casey in a row?

So why are you omitting both PJ and Joel Mac???? :/ FOOL!

IN: Maric (surely has done enough!!), Trengove, McDonald (hopefully fit!!)

OUT: Bennell, Morton, McKenzie (reluctant)

- Assuming Moloney will pull up ok from his corky.

- Would love to see Bail have a run on the MCG.

- Surely McKenzie has done enough to retain his spot but he is an easy omission if Junior comes back!!!

I say McKenzie stays. He was in our best.

Agree Bail has to stay too.

Why are people up Bennell. He is developing well and does a lot of off the ball work.

It depends on whether Beamer gets up or not. Dunn will stay in as he should- has been pretty good since he came back and done his role well in the team (i will eat humble pie on that one).

I believe just the two changes.

McDonald and Trengove in.

Perhaps for Beamer and ?

I would really appriciate if people watched the game before making comment. Jones and Bartram are playing tagging roles and are playing the team role week in week out. Even though I am not a fan of Dunn he is doing the same thing.

I think we played some really good footy in the second half this week and Gysberts, Trennes and McDonald will push for selection and you would be looking at swapping like for like for the balance of the team.

I think the changes will have little to do with todays game and more to do with training and how the boys pull up after the flight back.

But I understand the thread is about who's in for who so...

In: Trengrove

Out: Benell/Bail (played a great game but Trennes is better)

I dont think Junior and Gys will get up

Grandson of a Gun... Maric has actually strung about 3 great games in a row for Casey. He is well due for senior selection (and not as an emergency!!). He is my replacement for Bennell who looks spent.

Grandson of a Gun... Maric has actually strung about 3 great games in a row for Casey. He is well due for senior selection (and not as an emergency!!). He is my replacement for Bennell who looks spent.

Great. Bit of an overstatement. Yes BOG this week. Prior to that he missed because he was first emergency and the games prior to that i believe that he either wasn't in the best or was only just in. He has been sporadic this year at Casey. He hasn't been consistent.

I agree they probably need to give him a go to work out whether to keep him next year or not but to say he has been GREAT is a dramatic over statement. Disagree that Bennell looks spent but then again if they are going to bring Maric in, it has to be for that type of player.

He would need to show lots to win me (and i think the vast majority, over)

Morton looked as soft as ever and contributed little - but then when you are sent to Casey for a lesson and to harden up, and then get selected after not having set the world on fire, where is the message?? He now knows that the selectors are as tough as a limp lettuce, and that he can get away with doing what he has always done - would have been better to not have demoted him at all.

IMO Bate needs a few weeks at Casey to toughen up and hopefully gain a bit of consistence - but if the selectors play true to the standards of this soft club, were he to be sent down he would probably be back in no time without having learned a thing.

We are not a ruthless club - haven't been for nearly 50 years - and will not attain any real success until and unless we become so.

Can we under the current coach and match committee??

You guys know how Alistair Clarkson dropped Brad Sewell? He called it a warning to other players. Sewell was a late inclusion and got 39 touches. I say DO THE SAME WITH BATE.

If Moloney pulls up sore Gysberts comes back unless Junior's fit. If Junior's fit I say play it safe with Moloney.