Out: Grimes (hamstring), Spencer (back), Jetta

Essendon

B: Andrew Welsh, Cale Hooker, Heath Hocking

HB: Mark McVeigh, Michael Hurley, Kyle Reimers

C: Leroy Jetta, Jobe Watson, Courtenay Dempsey

HF: Brent Stanton, Scott Gumbleton, Angus Monfries

F: Alwyn Davey, Jay Neagle, David Zaharakis

FOLL: Paddy Ryder, Jason Winderlich, Ben Howlett

I/C (from): Ricky Dyson, Brent Prismall, Sam Lonergan, Tom Bellchambers, Travis Colyer, Nathan Lovett-Murray, Jake Melksham In: Dyson, Dempsey, Monfries, Howlett, Neagle, Colyer

Out: Henry Slattery (soreness), Tyson Slattery, Michael Quinn

Edited by Jaded

We saw the effects of a lumbering unco ruckman last Sunday.

Late change: Johnson for Bail...of course

Diabolical that Bail is not an in.

He may get a guersey as a last minute change, but it shouldn't have come to that.

Very, very p*ssed off.

Don't worry mono. I have a feeling they were reluctant to bring two players back after a long injury (Jurrah and Bail).

If Bail has a good match against Frangers then he should be picked for round 16.

Jetta had to go. 10 possessions and 1 goal a match doesn't cut it for a small forward.

Bennell, Cheney, Bartram and MacDonald also have to do more this week.

Go Dees

Understand the call for Johnson not to have been included but we cannot burn out Jamar with a view to 2011/2012 let alone the remainder of this year, but would love to see Bail in.

Whats the weather forecast for Sunday? Could be a change between these two.

Jetta was due a spell as just not having enough impact.

Jurrah - just can't wait to see him out there with Watts, Sylvia etc more often.

And as for the clash situation - Staggering that the Melbourne Football Club was required to seek acceptance from the AFL that we had the right to wear OUR home guernsey at OUR home game.....what is going on here?

Thank god they dropped Jetta.

Now we will have 22 v 22

I think we can do a little better than that condemned. Jetta plays with a lot of spirit, has good hands and is a natural footballer. He lacks a yard and may not make it but comments like yours do nothing to improve the quality and tone of this forum.

Don't worry mono. I have a feeling they were reluctant to bring two players back after a long injury (Jurrah and Bail).

If Bail has a good match against Frangers then he should be picked for round 16.

Jetta had to go. 10 possessions and 1 goal a match doesn't cut it for a small forward.

Bennell, Cheney, Bartram and MacDonald also have to do more this week.

Go Dees

Yeah shame about Bail but I'm sure he'll get another chance soon and he should probably string two games at Casey just to be sure, but as already alluded to they may make a last minute change...

Diabolical that Bail is not an in.

He may get a guersey as a last minute change, but it shouldn't have come to that.

Very, very p*ssed off.

I think you are being a little unrealistic Mono. He has played 1 Casey game since an extended layoff and an injury interuppted year as a whole. I want this kid to play but i want him to get match fit and his confidence back up. I believe the FD is right in giving him another week at Casey to get himself right so that when he comes in for MFC (which i believe will be next week or the week after at the latest) he will be playing fully match fit and with confidence. Hate to see him come in too early, struggle, lose confidence and finish off the season languishing back at Casey. Have patience big fella.

Yeah shame about Bail but I'm sure he'll get another chance soon and he should probably string two games at Casey just to be sure, but as already alluded to they may make a last minute change...

Finally someone said it. Spot on, Ascobar. Stringing games together is so important when coming back from injury. Yes he was B.O.G. for Casey in his first game back (albeit vs Werribee), but let's give him another game just to make sure he's up and about (albeit against the putrid Frankston this weekend...).

Sounds logical.

It would appear that Jamar is starting to get a bit weary which comes as no surprise. I noticed he was getting lots of work on his legs last weekend, he looked pretty sore at times. Spencer came in last week without earning a spot and now that he is injured, the same could be said about PJ.

Jamar simply can`t go through the season rucking 90% and needs to be rested.

I want Bail in next week definitely if he has another solid run this weekend. Would be great to see him play the season out

It would appear that Jamar is starting to get a bit weary which comes as no surprise. I noticed he was getting lots of work on his legs last weekend, he looked pretty sore at times. Spencer came in last week without earning a spot and now that he is injured, the same could be said about PJ.

Jamar simply can`t go through the season rucking 90% and needs to be rested.

I think the FD is thinking along these lines. Jamar's last two weeks haven't been as good as the previous 12, which might be to do with his body.

But the answer is not Johnson.

I am staggered, absolutely staggered, that the FD have once again selected Johnson. He showed earlier this year that he just isn't good enough at AFL level, and his form for Casey hasn't been great. IMO we are better off rucking Dunn for 25% of the match and playing Bail than rucking Johnson for 25% of the match and not playing Bail. PJ's efforts in the ruck aren't exactly superb, and we all know how terrible he is around the ground. Yet on account of Jamar getting tired he gets the call up.

I would much rather see Dunn in the ruck when Jamar's off and Bail running off half back. That actually improves the team. Playing Johnson does not improve the team.

Thank god they dropped Jetta.

Now we will have 22 v 22

Terrible post.

Even with PJ in the team we still have 22 v 22.

Centrebet have suspended betting, so I smell a bit of a rat.

last time this happened was against Brisbane and I know what happened that day

Bomber blitz are saying that Gumbleton won't play.

On the subject of clash jumpers, I thought Adelaide's away strip clashed more with West Coast yesterday than it's home strip would have done. Surely, it's time for the AFL to review its policy?

Review a flawed policy? This isn't FIFA we are talking about! :):):)

Yes it was bad though, even my wife thought it was odd, and that's saying something...