F: Green, Watts, Jurrah

FOLL: Jamar, Jones, Moloney

I/C: Jetta, McKenzie, Spencer, Sylvia

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In: Jurrah, Sylvia, Bail, Warnock, Morton

Out: Grimes :(, MacDonald (turnover king and not a long term player for us), Jetta/Bennell, Cheney, Jones

Tempted to get rid of Dunn, but it probably won't happen. Mind you, if Morton was dropped last week, then Bate deserves to be dropped this week. He did less than nothing.

Edited by Jaded

In: Jurrah, Sylvia, Bail or Junior (if fit)

Out: Grimes :(, MacDonald (turnover king and not a long term player for us), Jetta/Bennell

Tempted to get rid of Dunn, and bring in Morton, because the class difference is obvious, but it probably won't happen. Mind you, if Morton was dropped last week, then Bate deserves to be dropped this week. He did less than nothing.

Dunn was in our best today whereas Morton has recently been justifiably dropped. Dunn will stay in for sure.

In: Bail, Jurrah, Sylvia

Out: Grimes (inj.), Bartram, Rivers

B: Cheney, Frawley, MacDonald

HB: Bennell, Garland, Bruce

C: Davey, Trengove, Scully

HF: Bail, Bate, Dunn

F: Green, Watts, Jurrah

FOLL: Jamar, Jones, Moloney

I/C: Jetta, McKenzie, Spencer, Sylvia

add Morton to the Ins.

Out should be Cheney (horrible game and should never have been selected in first place), MacDonald, Grimes (injured) and one of Jetta or Bennell neither of whom do enough.

add Morton to the Ins.

Out should be Cheney (horrible game and should never have been selected in first place), MacDonald, Grimes (injured) and one of Jetta or Bennell neither of whom do enough.

it was his first game back give the kid a break!!

it wasnt the best ground to show anything anyway

if jurrah plays next week and doesnt kick a goal i guess we should kick him out too dont you think?

jeez

add Morton to the Ins.

I agree with the ins of the OP, but there would be no way that I would include Morton on his VFL performance. He played an ordinary game. Got a bit of the ball, took a few uncontested marks but panicked under pressure quite afew times. I don't know how he was named in the best.

Bail was super, Sylvia and Jurrah were good. Those three players could make a big difference to our side.

add Morton to the Ins.

I don't think Cheney will be dropped. Once players earn a game DB usually keeps them in for at least two weeks. I think Spencer is the only player to be dropped after one game this year (in round 2). I thought Cheney was ok. Good early on Goddard and then faded a bit. I'd prefer him to Rivers at the moment.

MacDonald had a crack today - think you'll find at a lot of people are iving him votes. Skills let him down on occasion, but that goes for the whole team.

Bennell and Jetta are important to our structure, we need crumbers in our forward line and they are our best options at the moment. It might be worth throwing Bennell to the half back line next week to get him involved more.

Bell , Warnock , Rivers

Bruce , Garland , Frawley

Green , McDonald , Sylvia

Bennell ,Watts , Jurrah

Davey , Newton , Dunn

Jamar , Trengove

Moloney

Scully , Bail , Bate , Jones

OUT : Grimes ( inj ) ,Jetta , MacDonald , Cheney ,Bartram , Spencer , McKenzie

IN : Sylvia , Jurrah , McDonald , Warnock , Bell , Newton , Bail

Edited by joeboy

OUT : Grimes ( inj ) ,Jetta , MacDonald , Cheney ,Bartram , Spencer

IN : Sylvia , Jurrah , McDonald , Warnock , Bell , Newton

Too many changes. Bell is done and dusted. Newton probably isn't eligible considering McKenzie and Spencer are both playing. I don't think McDonald will be ready (according to Triple M) and Warnock needs to earn recall.

IN - Jurrah, Sylvia, Bail, McDonald (if right)

OUT - Jones (a rest if Junior is fit a reprieve if not), Jetta, Bartram (if Cheney is not suspended) & OH SO SADLY :(...Grimes.

B: Cheney/Bartram, Frawley, Garland

HB: Davey, Rivers, Bruce

C: Scully, Trengove, Sylvia

HF: Bail, Bate, Green

F: Jurrah, Watts, Bennell

FOLL: Jamar, Moloney, McDonald/Jones

I/C: McKenzie, Spencer, MacDonald, Dunn

Edited by Demon Jack 16

Just get Spencer out! Horrible embarrassment!

I thought Spencer was ok today. Won plenty of hit outs. Jamar needs support and Spencer is our best (and only) option at the moment.

Edited by Gouga

I think Cheney may find himself sitting out next week. From the sounds of things he gave Goddard a pretty good thumping at one point. That opens two spots in the side before we consider sitting someone out. Warnock will come back in, and probably Jurrah from his form on this weekend. We could also sit out Joel Mac or possibly Spencer. Not too sure who would fill their spots. Morton and Bail come to mind, but I suspect the club would want Bail to play another week or two at Casey to make sure he's fully recovered.

I think Cheney may find himself sitting out next week. From the sounds of things he gave Goddard a pretty good thumping at one point. That opens two spots in the side before we consider sitting someone out. Warnock will come back in, and probably Jurrah from his form on this weekend. We could also sit out Joel Mac or possibly Spencer. Not too sure who would fill their spots. Morton and Bail come to mind, but I suspect the club would want Bail to play another week or two at Casey to make sure he's fully recovered.

I dont actually think Cheney will be suspended. It wasnt late, it wasnt high. But who knows with the MRP.

I dont see why Warnock will come straight back in - but he may. However I cant think of a forward he would suit playing on, maybe Gumbleton.

Hoping to see Jurrah and Sylvia will almost definitely come in.

Bail is recovered. He is back from a cheekbone injury, if he wasnt recovered he wouldnt be playing at Casey.

For mine:

Out - Grimes, Jetta, Spencer

In - Jurrah, Sylvia, Bail

Edited by ox_5_demons

Let's have a go.

Ins : McDonald, Sylvia, Warnock (assuming Gumbleton & Hurley are up forward), Bail (reckon we need his run). Jurrah would be a chance as I'm not sure who Essendon would have to match up on him but I've left him at Casey for another week or two.

Out : Grimes (inj), Cheney (susp or omitted), Spencer, Jetta. Bartram, who's form has tapered off, hangs on by the skin of his teeth as cover for Essendon's small forwards Davey, Melksham/Zaka etc.

Jetta just doesn't do enough yet. Dunn to resume pinch-hitting in the ruck to relieve Jamar.

B : Bartram, Frawley, Garland

HB : Bruce, Warnock, Rivers

C : Bail, Trengove, Green

HF : Sylvia, Bate, Dunn

F : Davey, Watts, Bennell

FOLL : Jamar, Moloney, McDonald

I/C : MacDonald, McKenzie, Scully, Jones

I dont actually think Cheney will be suspended. It wasnt late, it wasnt high. But who knows with the MRP.

I dont see why Warnock will come straight back in - but he may. However I cant think of a forward he would suit playing on, maybe Gumbleton.

Hoping to see Jurrah and Sylvia will almost definitely come in.

Bail is recovered. He is back from a cheekbone injury, if he wasnt recovered he wouldnt be playing at Casey.

For mine:

Out - Grimes, Jetta, Spencer

In - Jurrah, Sylvia, Bail

I didn't see the Cheney incident, only heard on the radio, so no idea on that one. We shall see.

I think that Warnock was dropped this week simply because there wasn't a matchup for him. THe Saints no longer have a big forward for him to shut down. The bombers not only have Gumby and possibly Neagle, but they like to run their rucks through the forward 50. Plenty of tall timber for him to play with.

I think we can afford to drop Spencer given that Hille is out. Jamar can handle the Ruck against Rider, and nobody we have in our ruck division will be able to go with him around the ground, so better to assign the role to somebody else.

Joel Mac is just not good enough and we're better off playing someone with a future.

IN - Jurrah, Sylvia, Bail, McDonald (if right)

OUT - Jones (a rest if Junior is fit a reprieve if not), Jetta, Bartram (if Cheney is not suspended) & OH SO SADLY :(...Grimes.

B: Cheney/Bartram, Frawley, Garland

HB: Davey, Rivers, Bruce

C: Scully, Trengove, Sylvia

HF: Bail, Bate, Green

F: Jurrah, Watts, Bennell

FOLL: Jamar, Moloney, McDonald/Jones

I/C: McKenzie, Spencer, MacDonald, Dunn

Looks about right to me.

Bail is a must; Bennell is lucky.

Ed: just removed some vacant lines. :)

Edited by Mono

In: Jurrah, Sylvia, Bail, Warnock

Out: Grimes :(, MacDonald (turnover king and not a long term player for us), Jetta/Bennell, Cheney

Tempted to get rid of Dunn, and bring in Morton, because the class difference is obvious, but it probably won't happen. Mind you, if Morton was dropped last week, then Bate deserves to be dropped this week. He did less than nothing.

You did declare that you needed a sleep- rest,before the game.Hope you acheived your aim. It concerned me that you may not have with a statement that you thought Dunn should be dropped-Well some of our players do need a wake up call. Bate looked Jaded.Spencer looked droopy. Jetta seemed to be sleep walking.

In- Jurrah Sylvia Bail

Out- Grimes Jetta Spencer

Edited by jayceebee31

He may be in trouble for a punch to Goddards gut earlier in the game also.

I think Cheney will be out next week either way. Just a matter of suspention or dropped.

You did declare that you needed a sleep- rest,before the game.Hope you acheived your aim. It concerned me that you may not have with a statement that you thought Dunn should be dropped-Well some of our players do need a wake up call. Bate looked Jaded.Spencer looked droopy. Jetta seemed to be sleep walking.

In- Jurrah Sylvia Bail

Out- Grimes Jetta Spencer

Dunn IMO is still not good enough, and probably never will be good enough to be a premiership player.

If we are serious about building a team that is of sufficient quality to win a flag, then we need to get serious about playing guys like Morton ahead of Dunn.

He was OK today, he has been OK all season, but if this is the best we are going to get from him, then I'll pass. The same goes for MacDonald and Cheney. They are just players, and just players don't win you premierships. Jones and Moloney are in a similar boat, but they are needed for their big bodies in the middle and in Moloney's case the clearance work and his leadership. But long term, I actually hope they struggle to get a regular game because that means we have found better quality midfielders.

This is not a slur on any of these guys, who work hard and give their all. Unfortunately talent can't be purchased at Safeway, so it doesn't matter how hard you try, if you're lacking the talent and you don't play a key role in the team (e.g.- Ruck/ KPP), chances are your place in the side will forever be unsure. I've seen us pump countless games into very average footballers for years. Hopefully we don't fall into the same trap again under Bailey. I'd rather lose by 55 points with a team full of experimental kids than lose by 25 points with average players who try hard but won't get us very far.

This is not a slur on any of these guys, who work hard and give their all. Unfortunately talent can't be purchased at Safeway, so it doesn't matter how hard you try, if you're lacking the talent and you don't play a key role in the team (e.g.- Ruck/ KPP), chances are your place in the side will forever be unsure. I've seen us pump countless games into very average footballers for years. Hopefully we don't fall into the same trap again under Bailey. I'd rather lose by 55 points with a team full of experimental kids than lose by 25 points with average players who try hard but won't get us very far.

Talent is not enough.

Desire is of even higher importance. As is team oriented football.

If you continue to get a game when you are lacking in the latter, you're getting a free ride and you lack the incentive to improve in these areas.

In: Jurrah, Sylvia, Bail, Warnock, Morton

Out: Grimes demon_sad.gif, MacDonald (turnover king and not a long term player for us), Jetta/Bennell, Cheney, Jones

Tempted to get rid of Dunn, but it probably won't happen. Mind you, if Morton was dropped last week, then Bate deserves to be dropped this week. He did less than nothing.

Dunn at least contributed and provided some spark in a lack lustre forward line....agree with Bate comments, he had a shocker. Watts while improved needs to back himself to take some contested grabs. Bennell is getting better with each week. Scully will improve as his body matures. Rivers is a shadow of his efforts in his first season. Can someone please give Jamar a quick lesson on the rules regarding deliberating hitting the ball over the defensive goal line. He has given two goals away in the last two weeks. Let's hope we can do a number on the Bombers next round.