BAIL TO GC17?

Guest Cougar Magic

Guest Cougar Magic

Could Rohan Bail be signed up the Gold Coast? His early season form was fantastic but been in the VFL since so what do you guys think? (He is also from the Gold Coast)

I would argue that although Bail is still young (21) and when on the park, he is showing to be a quality young player, he would prefer to be at a club like Melbourne.

This may go with a lot of players out there who have been tempted by sweeter pastures at the GC. My reasoning is that Gold Coast will be picking up so many quality young players and presumably many midfielders. In two or three years time, one would imagine that it might be difficult for a player such as Bail to make the team when there are 10 or more first round picks hitting a bit of maturity.

Food for thought.

I hope neither Bail or Petterd walk out.

I would argue that although Bail is still young (21) and when on the park, he is showing to be a quality young player, he would prefer to be at a club like Melbourne.

This may go with a lot of players out there who have been tempted by sweeter pastures at the GC. My reasoning is that Gold Coast will be picking up so many quality young players and presumably many midfielders. In two or three years time, one would imagine that it might be difficult for a player such as Bail to make the team when there are 10 or more first round picks hitting a bit of maturity.

Food for thought.

I hope neither Bail or Petterd walk out.

Bail only played one season in QLD. He is a victorian, was on the saints rookie list. I imagine his family would live in Victoria.

Could Rohan Bail be signed up the Gold Coast? His early season form was fantastic but been in the VFL since so what do you guys think? (He is also from the Gold Coast)

Yep after two games he will be a top priority (not), how about we wait until the season finishes before we wonder who is going to be targeted for the Gold Coast.

Bail only played one season in QLD. He is a victorian, was on the saints rookie list. I imagine his family would live in Victoria.

For goodness sake, don't make things up.

Bail's AFLQ profile

Born in Victoria in 1988, lived in Qld since 1995. Played all his junior footy there.

He has never been on an AFL list of any sort before he was drafted by Melbourne, although he trained with both Essendon and St Kilda at the end of 2007.

His father was an under-19s footballer with St Kilda, so I can almost understand your confusion.

Edited by MikeyJ

Yes he was holidayed in Queensland some years ago on a schoolies week and likes pineapples and bananas so there is a definite connection. GC should be snaring him for that.

Was that really necessary RR?

Pineapples and bananas ? Seriously....

Let's get to the heart of the matter. I heard he doesn't agree with day-light savings.

Was that really necessary RR?

Pineapples and bananas ? Seriously....

Let's get to the heart of the matter. I heard he doesn't agree with day-light savings.

Ha Ha - just as bad as R.R

Lives with Bell, who might be de-listed at the end of this year, leaving him homeless. All the more reason for him to take the juicy contract offered to him by GC.

Lives with Bell, who might be de-listed at the end of this year, leaving him homeless. All the more reason for him to take the juicy contract offered to him by GC.

gee, I hope he doesn't end up homeless. Poor guy. :(

Maybe we should try and raise some money to support him.

Rohan Bail to GC17???????

I like Bail, but lets be honest. He would be about 80th on their list of players they want when looking at the AFL as a whole. Given they will only poach around 10-15 players, you would think Bail is pretty safe.

Ricky will be higher on that list, but they will be head hunting players ahead of Ricky so even Ricky might still be lacing them up for us next year. depends on the success of their primary targets.

The most surprising thing about the GC is that we have absolutely no clue who has signed with them, either a lot of people are keeping their mouths shut (unlikely) or the AFL has threatened to black ball any journo who openly talks about who has signed. Despite this there have definitely been insinuations as to who has signed and who hasn't. call it hope but it seems that Pettard remains unsigned at this point (a couple of articles adamant he's not going to GC), I really don't think that he's going to GC - they'd have already dangled a carrot in front of him and perhaps it's not that much bigger than the mfc offer

The most surprising thing about the GC is that we have absolutely no clue who has signed with them, either a lot of people are keeping their mouths shut (unlikely) or the AFL has threatened to black ball any journo who openly talks about who has signed. Despite this there have definitely been insinuations as to who has signed and who hasn't. call it hope but it seems that Pettard remains unsigned at this point (a couple of articles adamant he's not going to GC), I really don't think that he's going to GC - they'd have already dangled a carrot in front of him and perhaps it's not that much bigger than the mfc offer

GC are strictly forbidden by the AFL from announcing any current player signings. And thank God. Could think of nothing worse than the NRL situation of having players on the list who have announced they're moving on??

Oh please!! Last I heard, Gold Coast had given up on the race for Ablett and started throwing big money at Bail, Miller, Petterd, Spencer, Dunn, Bartram, Jurrah, Frawley, Yze, Robbo & Lyon... I'm sick of hearing crap like this! Show me a signature and I'll show you some interest.

PS- Whatever would we do without Bail??!!

Oh please!! Last I heard, Gold Coast had given up on the race for Ablett and started throwing big money at Bail, Miller, Petterd, Spencer, Dunn, Bartram, Jurrah, Frawley, Yze, Robbo & Lyon... I'm sick of hearing crap like this! Show me a signature and I'll show you some interest.

PS- Whatever would we do without Bail??!!

you forgot Neitz,,

GC17 will be already chock full of 17/18/19yo's from the plundering of the underage and then this years draft. They will want players of reasonable experience from the other 16 clubs.

They would be very interested in a mature-bodied ruckman. If you want something to worry about, try thinking about what our team looks like without Jamar.

I read this topic a few days ago, and I was at Fed Sq on Monday morning selling raffle tickets for the Club, I first met Rohan when he was drafted and have had a few chats to him at Casey and functions.

Told him about this topic on Monday and he laughed.......he said to me "I am going nowhere".

The only thing that is getting to him at the moment is his rotten luck with injury, had an operation on his cheekbond after attacking an opponents knee with his face (his words), and before that got a corky which ended up trapping a nerve in his leg (very rare).....just wants to get fit and play for Melbourne