Addam Maric

Mad_Melbourne

He doesn't have a heap of time left.

If his Casey form doesn't improve to the point that he is at least knocking on the door for AFL selection then he might fall below the yellow line when it comes to delisting players a the end of the year. I'm not sure on the status of his contract.

Here is a generous list of players that don't hold the immunity idol (regular VFL players). Cotnract situation aside.

Maric

Bell

PJ

Dunn

Bartram

Miller

McNamara

Martin

Cheney

Given that at least 3 probably 4 of these will probably be moved on (gotta find a spot for McKenzie), it is hard to find a spot for Maric on current form.

Edited by JACKATTACK

You'd hope so, but the FD thought that a 5 kegs overweight and clearly unfit Wonaeamirri was more deserving of a game than Maric. What does that tell us?

Haven't seen Casey much this year, but I think the game in Darwin had a lot to do with Aussie breaking into the team.

On Maric, I wouldn't be against giving him a go perhaps during the Freo, Sydney, Bris, Richmond run if he hasn't broken in earlier.

He's OOC this season isn't he? I'd like to see him get a decent run in the seniors before making a decision. He's only played 11 games (which, given our record during that time, is a worry in itself).

To me, he just doesn't look like he feels he belongs. Maybe over-stresses. But often I'd see him race kicks when he had more time and that sort of thing.

He doesn't have a heap of time left.

If his Casey form doesn't improve to the point that he is at least knocking on the door for AFL selection then he might fall below the yellow line when it comes to delisting players a the end of the year. I'm not sure on the status of his contract.

Here is a generous list of players that don't hold the immunity idol (regular VFL players). Cotnract situation aside.

Maric

Bell

PJ

Dunn

Bartram

Miller

McNamara

Martin

Cheney

Given that at least 3 probably 4 of these will probably be moved on (gotta find a spot for McKenzie), it is hard to find a spot for Maric on current form.

I have him as contracted till next year. I don't think the club will give up on him this young. But he needs to be aware that others are overtaking him.

Maric got a 2 year deal at the end of last season.

I'd get the link off the dees website if I could be bothered, but it's there for anyone that can.

Looks like he does have the immunity idol.

And he has been an emergency a few times this season. He can't be that out of favour.

I think to date he has been unlucky and a victim of circumstances.

He'll get a game before the year is out.

There could be a number of contributing factors. The hip operation he had could also have added to his wows but the forward line coaching staff need to get in to his head and work out what works for him and to me that means get him comfortable with his own kicking style again.

Agree. The coaching staff need to work out with him on what is going to succeed at AFL level. He needs to achieve that level otherwise he is doomed. If distance kicking was an issue with him as another poster then unless he addresses that he is going to be limited at AFL level. He does not have outstanding strengths to compensate for that weakness.

Far from being the usual suspect of e-bashing, Maric is the forgotten man.

I reckon McNamara's more of a 'forgotten man' than Maric. Maric does cop some criticism on here. No one even mentions McNamara.

Maric

Bell

PJ

Dunn

Bartram

Miller

McNamara

Martin

Cheney

Bell, Miller and PJ are gone.

Dunn and Bartram have to work hard to keep their spots. Neither are certainties.

The rest are fine. Got to keep depth on your list.

who?

lol.

Seriously, I see massive upside and potential and all those other dangerous words to be using on a 20 year old. He's being groomed as a defender but I see a possibility of him going forward at some stage. IIRC he kicked a nice goal from 50 against Fremantle last year.

He's a teasing prospect, but he was bottom age.

Surely he'll have to really start showing something substantial soon though.

In the ones, I mean.

lol.

Seriously, I see massive upside and potential and all those other dangerous words to be using on a 20 year old. He's being groomed as a defender but I see a possibility of him going forward at some stage. IIRC he kicked a nice goal from 50 against Fremantle last year.

Another who might be not quite big enough, not quite quick enough, not quite skilled enough to hammer down a position at AFL level. Interesting it seems he is playing deep in defence from the reports from Casey, maybe they are doing some serious work on his defensive game before letting him get further up the ground. I really liked what he produced at AFL level last year. He looked ok defensively, nice pair of hands and seemed to be a natural at working the ball out of the backline. The longer Garland and JoelMac don't lock in spots and the longer Bruce keeps effing around with it not matter how well he's playing the more I'll be calling for T Mac.

Before we rush to too many conclusions and are too hard on the kid, its worth remembering that he was actually the youngest of the players we drafted 3 years ago and is actually the same age as most of those we drafted in the Jack Watts draft. He's the same age (separated by a cpl months) as Strauss, McNamarra, Bennell, and Jetta. Given that he's been getting over injuries and probably been struggling to get his body right i think we give him some time. Hopefully he'll become a good contributor to the team, but as with some of the other guys i've listed, we need to give them some time.

I'm not sure there's really been that much Maric 'bashing' as such.

Moreso that when his name is put forward for selection it's pushed behind 3-4 players who are ahead of him.

Addam is a clever and talented player but to play his role in the team successfully he needs to be an ultra-hard worker on field. Plenty of equally and more talented players have tried and failed in this role due to a lack of work ethic. Guys like Paul Medhurst & Nick Davis. It appears Addam has the same issue and if he doesn't overcome it, he will not make it.

there have been few posters who have said he was a waste of a draft pick and i just thought it was silly and the main reason i posted this, i must admit though there is not as much e-bashing of addam as there is of cameron bruce, joel macdonald and jared rivers.

Can't say he has been bashed up on the site much that I have noticed but

considering the door has been opened i'll offer my opinion.

He's shown absolutely nothing to suggest he should be getting a regular game.

I'm 85% convinced he's a spud. Pick 21 in the national draft has shown nothing to warrant any hope

of a regular game in the seniors at all this year. He hasn't dominated any games, hasn't kicked many

goals, regularly goes missing in games defencive pressure isn't up to scratch

Start of this year he came out said he needed to make 2010 count and he said he had no excuses.

see link http://www.melbournefc.com.au/News/NewsArticle/tabid/7415/newsid/89954/default.aspx

So considering he's got no excuses it's round 12 kids the likes of Gysberts, Scully and Trengove

have flown past him he is a delist once contract is up or trade but i'd doubt we'd get any offers.

I hope O/P isn't a player agent trying to spruik his client so he gets noticed

I have him as contracted till next year. I don't think the club will give up on him this young. But he needs to be aware that others are overtaking him.

Definately contracted till end of 2011.

Anyway, I agree with Rogue in that I've hardly seen Maric get mentioned with the exception of his optimistic fans. It's hardly been a Maric bashing fest. That role is reserved for Cameron Bruce.

Brad Miller called, he's devastated you've taken away his one trophy.

Before we rush to too many conclusions and are too hard on the kid, its worth remembering that he was actually the youngest of the players we drafted 3 years ago and is actually the same age as most of those we drafted in the Jack Watts draft. He's the same age (separated by a cpl months) as Strauss, McNamarra, Bennell, and Jetta. Given that he's been getting over injuries and probably been struggling to get his body right i think we give him some time. Hopefully he'll become a good contributor to the team, but as with some of the other guys i've listed, we need to give them some time.

All of the above I agree with "PM24" however from the one game I saw at AFL level and a couple I have seen at Casey I think he is well below the guys you have listed above.

If he does have a contact for 2011 I think he can count himself lucky. We have lots of smaller quick players similar to him that he is way behind.

He will need some big games at Casey in the next month to justify a call up.

Not sure he will make it!

not sure why so many bag him. in the pre-season he was not hopeless as some would say. just not outstanding thats all. Against Essndon he was ok, and Gysberts and Bail looked unimpressive to me. how things can change ?!?!

He appears a different cat to me, someone who has that want to do the mercurial, otherwise it can be boring for him. just an impression. a Milne type perhaps.

From what I have seen, there is plenty to work with.

In the next couple of years, clubs will be pilfering VFL ranks looking deeper for talent than ever before. Maric would be picked up no doubt if he was available, his talent is there.

We are better off persisting with him over a year or two and see if he develops. His reports at casey show he is racking up 20 possession games now with a goal or two each week. What are people expecting if that is meant to be a dud?

I also remember Bailey mentioning his name as someone who rocked up to pre-season training in terrific shape and showing a great attitude.

He is smooth, has great hands and showed a bit when playing for the Dees.

He is still young. give him time.

Edited by Bay Riffin

I hope O/P isn't a player agent trying to spruik his client so he gets noticed

ridiculous, i actually lol at that

none the less i think there is much to work with on melbournes half, and what i really am impressed with i his defensive pressure as of late, especially since he was played in defence in 2008 for casey to work on this, if his defensive pressure stays the same, and he consistently racks up 20 possesions with a goal or two i dont understand how he wont be playing afl, or deserve a spot on the list at least?

not sure why so many bag him. in the pre-season he was not hopeless as some would say. just not outstanding thats all. Against Essndon he was ok, and Gysberts and Bail looked unimpressive to me. how things can change ?!?!

He appears a different cat to me, someone who has that want to do the mercurial, otherwise it can be boring for him. just an impression. a Milne type perhaps.

From what I have seen, there is plenty to work with.

In the next couple of years, clubs will be pilfering VFL ranks looking deeper for talent than ever before. Maric would be picked up no doubt if he was available, his talent is there.

We are better off persisting with him over a year or two and see if he develops. His reports at casey show he is racking up 20 possession games now with a goal or two each week. What are people expecting if that is meant to be a dud?

I also remember Bailey mentioning his name as someone who rocked up to pre-season training in terrific shape and showing a great attitude.

He is smooth, has great hands and showed a bit when playing for the Dees.

He is still young. give him time.

Yeah, I think there's a bit of that, the shy kid with big foot skills, that wants to star. But he's got to do the hard work, it's Not like our teams of the early 2000s.