Can we finish top 4 this year

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We would need every Collingwood-level team to play a little below themselves when they play us, because that's one of the reasons we got as close as we did. You need 14 wins to make top 4, 15 to be safe. Would you mind looking through the draw and naming the games we could win?

if we knew we could play like that every week, and we also had our host of injured players back on the park.. it might be possible. However in reality we will probably be up-and-down all year and come away with about 8 wins for mine

No one thought Melbourne could beat Collingwood. A silly bookmaker gave me 45 points for Melbourne to win, he was the dreamer.

Collingwood pumped Geelong on a friday night remember, by tackling hard and frustrating them, no one thought that was possible at the time.

Melbourne has one of the best line ups since the team that dominated in the 50s and early 60s.

I knew if they tackled hard and played with intensity they could pump Collingwood ( who Malthouse knows cant play under pressure on big occasions, as he keeps saying).

Geelong is the only side we may have trouble against.They are hungry and proven in finals.

Hawthorn cant keep bashing their way through games. Every other top 4 side falters under pressure in the finals. They are all unknown.

If Melbourne tackles hard and plays with intensity they can definately finish in the top 4. There is no other side that really wants a flag.

Bulldogs panicked in the first ten minutes against Geelong last year in the finals.

Go Dees

I believe we can finnish top 4 this year considering we matched it with the filth when everyone think's the filth can finnish top 4.

If we apply ourselfes every week like last sat anything could happen,thoughts.

We could play off in the Grand Final.

No one thought Melbourne could beat Collingwood. A silly bookmaker gave me 45 points for Melbourne to win, he was the dreamer.

Collingwood pumped Geelong on a friday night remember, by tackling hard and frustrating them, no one thought that was possible at the time.

Melbourne has one of the best line ups since the team that dominated in the 50s and early 60s.

I knew if they tackled hard and played with intensity they could pump Collingwood ( who Malthouse knows cant play under pressure on big occasions, as he keeps saying).

Geelong is the only side we may have trouble against.They are hungry and proven in finals.

Hawthorn cant keep bashing their way through games. Every other top 4 side falters under pressure in the finals. They are all unknown.

If Melbourne tackles hard and plays with intensity they can definately finish in the top 4. There is no other side that really wants a flag.

Bulldogs panicked in the first ten minutes against Geelong last year in the finals.

Go Dees

Well said totally agree with what you said.

Some posters sometimes don't do there research.

Did I read that title correctly?

We would need every Collingwood-level team to play a little below themselves when they play us, because that's one of the reasons we got as close as we did. You need 14 wins to make top 4, 15 to be safe. Would you mind looking through the draw and naming the games we could win?

Thats not exactly true. Remember Essendon making the finals last year with only 10 wins!

Guest Scattsgove

There is no other side that really wants a flag.

That's got to be one of the most ridiculous things i've ever read on this site.

That's got to be one of the most ridiculous things i've ever read on this site.

What i mean is they don,t play well in the finals, they dont play with the intensity they should if they want to win a flag. Ofcourse they want a flag but its only a pipe dream if they are not going to apply themselves in the finals.

I dont think we can finish top 4 but if we apply ourselves like that every week, then who knows we might sneak into the 8.

Win 4 or 5 games before Morton and Jurrah return then have a big run home.

Scully and Trengove will get better every game,and some nice surprises along the way like the arrival of Pettard,Mckenzie and Bail.

Go Demons!!

Well said totally agree with what you said.

Some posters sometimes don't do there research.

Yeah, completely agree. Richmond Vs Melbourne in the grand final. Because as you say, anything could happen. I also think there will be 7 consecutive draws in said grand final before Bailey literally explodes in the coaches box because he's been implanted with a bomb that will explode in the 8th game after consecutive draws in a grand final. Aliens planted this device for those not keeping up. But yeah, back to the point - anything is possible.

Sure

Lots of IFs, bit IF we played with the same intensity all year as we showed Saturday then we could make it.

Trouble is a young side unaccustomed to winning over a long year will have quite a few hiccups.

After round 1 a handful of wins seemed optimistic; now 8 - 10 could be realistic but finals - pretty long shot. Capable - yes; likely - no.

Go Dees

you on any wizz-bang stimulant?If so could you share it with us--we'll keep it a secret!

The filth won 6 of 22 in 1976 to win the spoon who would of thought that the next year that they would win 18 of 22 the very next year and finnish on top of the ladder 3 games clear of the eventual premier only to lose it in a replay after being 27 up at 3qtr time.

If you had asked the filth supporters after 1976 how they would go the next year they probably would say we can finnish top 4 next year whitch is what they did.

No different here with me it can be done.

Some people dream some people do.

Of course we will finish top 4, probably losing the flag to Freo because they have Micky Barlow, Steve Silvagni, Pav, Chopper Mayne, Hayden Ballentyne, a really tall guy, Taz and no undie Mundy. Not to mention they are coached by Mark Harvey, who in the space of 2 weeks has gone from the man (fairly or unfairly) widely regarded as the worst in the business to a respectable coach.

If you think the comments about Freo are stupid, then think about your comments about Melbourne.

We won't make the 8, we'll be lucky to be above 12th. About 13 other teams put out equally skilled teams as us with bucket loads more experience. We also genuinely lack a fit key forward of any note. No matter how hard our boys work, we won't be able to do a number on top 8 sides repeatedly enough to make the 8. We couldn't even get past an extremely flat Collingwood (who have always shown to have flat games and be beatable early in the season).

We are a desperate lot!

Clearly too many of us have nothing better to do than dream on a Wednesday night............ somewhat pathetic!

We should go back to our family’s. Make babies or something .............. actually replay Collingwood v Melbourne starts in 10 mins... stuff the wife................ well maybe later.

...... but in reality....... reality is something we would prefer not to think about. ..... and that’s because................

The Dees are not good enough to win more than eight games!

Replay about to start!

I don't think we can finish top four this year.

But just take a second to imagine the way the team played on Saturday, the spirit with which they applied themselves to the contest...

Then add the below talent:

Morton, Sylvia, Jurrah, Watts, Wonnamearri, Garland, Maric, Gysberts, Tapscott

Then fast forward to 2012 and add two years development into all of the players on our list.

Davey, Green, Grimes, Petterd, Bate, Trengove, Scully, Frawley, Strauss, etc...

:blink:

All I can say is, we are in for quite a ride.