Sirengate 2

SidVicious

It made no difference to the result but it certainly swayed the mood of both teams when they went into the rooms at the half time break. The timekeepers must have been asleep because the actual siren sounded a good full second later. Even then Pearce hadn't started the act of kicking the footy but by then it was too late because the umpires heard it a split second late. Even then Pearce hadn't started the act of kicking the footy but by then it was too late because the umpires heard it a split second late. Supergoal and a 25 point lead to the Dockers.

pearce.jpg

I was going to post this after the game but never got around to it.

I don't understand why they don't review at the siren shots. The quarter/game is over, there's already a break so there wouldn't be any delay and it would mean that goals that shouldn't be allowed are not paid.

Epitomised the game really, our lazy ineptitude to man up and flood back combined with terrible umpiring bias and things just generally not going our way. There should have been nothing in it at half time.

Mistakes get made.

I'd think that Collingwood's effort at the end of their match against the Saints was much worse.

Wonder where they'll finish this year..?

Was that laziness and ineptitude..?

It was a supergoal and it was before the siren.

Glen Jakovich wouldn't lie.

What an absolute bonehead.

Loved his statement to Healy that it is if the player is in the motion of kicking it counts........

Then topped it off with his call that Warnock's supposed hold in the 2nd is free kick everyday of the week. Love Gerrard's response that he just received an SMS from Wayne Carey saying he would have kicked 10 on Jacko every time if that was a free kick.

Foxtel commentary is absolutely atrocious, as is their coverage. The colour always seems washed out and bland and the commentary is biased and uninsightful

I also noticed that Gerard Healy was the Victorian representative, at that point i knew it was bad-He Hates the MFC- and that little squirt who played for the Brisbane Bears WHO JUST SHOUTS ALL THE TIME!!!

But it was way better than SEN...

I don't understand why they don't review at the siren shots. The quarter/game is over, there's already a break so there wouldn't be any delay and it would mean that goals that shouldn't be allowed are not paid.

Sport seems to lag years behind technology. It's absurd that goals kicked after the siren are still allowed. It's kind of like Jumper manufacturers hand knitting each garment. it's the same with goals that are points such as hawkins point in the Grand Final being called a goal. It's time we used the available technology to make a professional sport upto date.

Guest melbman

It's now Wednesday (early) and I'm more than a little surprised that Fremantle haven't asked for the 9 points to be removed yet. They are a club that has a proud history of making a loud and staunch self righteous stance on scores that are made post siren, even threatening legal action in the best interests of "fair play"

The club is also the only team never to have played in a drawn match, despite a controversial Round 5 match against St Kilda at Aurora Stadium in Launceston, Tasmania in 2006. The Saints trailed by a point when the final siren sounded, but the field umpires failed to hear the siren which many commentators had noted as being "dangerously quiet" during the game. St Kilda's Steven Baker then scored a behind, levelling the scores, before the siren was sounded a second time. Baker was awarded a free-kick for an infringement after he kicked the point and was allowed to take the kick again - which he also scored a behind from. Immediate protests from Fremantle players and officials failed to have any effect, causing controversy throughout Australian rules circles. However, the AFL overturned the result the following Wednesday — the first time this had occurred since 1900 — and awarded the win and four premiership points to Fremantle.

Hmmm, maybe they are taking their time on this occasion while trying to word things nicely so as not to offend any one cos I'm sure they would do the right thing, after all that's what they claimed last time. It had in 2006, I'm sure, nothing to do with how the score went against them, they complained purely for the benefit of football in general and will do the right thing again in this instance I am convinced, just give them time

Edited by melbman

It's now Wednesday (early) and I'm more than a little surprised that Fremantle haven't asked for the 9 points to be removed yet. They are a club that has a proud history of making a loud and staunch self righteous stance on scores that are made post siren, even threatening legal action in the best interests of "fair play"

Hmmm, maybe they are taking their time on this occasion while trying to word things nicely so as not to offend any one cos I'm sure they would do the right thing, after all that's what they claimed last time. It had in 2006, I'm sure, nothing to do with how the score went against them, they complained purely for the benefit of football in general and will do the right thing again in this instance I am convinced, just give them time

HaHa!! Chris Connolly was the dockers coach that day wasn't he! i was waiting for Grant Thomas to take a swing at the Press Conference, he was Filthy!!! :) :)

Edited by why you little

It made no difference to the result but it certainly swayed the mood of both teams when they went into the rooms at the half time break. The timekeepers must have been asleep because the actual siren sounded a good full second later. Even then Pearce hadn't started the act of kicking the footy but by then it was too late because the umpires heard it a split second late. Even then Pearce hadn't started the act of kicking the footy but by then it was too late because the umpires heard it a split second late. Supergoal and a 25 point lead to the Dockers.

I think your TV is probably showing local time whereas Perth time is 3 hours earlier.

Foxtel commentary is absolutely atrocious, as is their coverage. The colour always seems washed out and bland and the commentary is biased and uninsightful

I also noticed that Gerard Healy was the Victorian representative, at that point i knew it was bad-He Hates the MFC- and that little squirt who played for the Brisbane Bears WHO JUST SHOUTS ALL THE TIME!!!

But it was way better than SEN...

I had no problem with the commentary fwiw (althought I'm not a fan of Matty Campbell), I've watched it a couple of times since. I also think it was unbiased if anything.

I probably agree with uninsightful though 45HG16.

I think Gerard speaks his mind on clubs, I don't think he "hates" the Mfc, I disagree there.

I don't listen to SEN's commentary in the main, but from what I gather with titan's recent views on them, I agree they tend to carp on at the best of times when I have grabbed snippets of SEN.