Lewis Jetta

Guest Checker

Another player who's the new Messiah after one pre-season game.

Lew is a bit older than the usual recruit. Could that play a part? I believe it did with Jurrah to name another forward who came in and made an impact immediately.

Also, from memory it was believed Lew had an attitude issue. From what I can see every recruit we've taken has his head screwed on right, so that might have been a contributing factor.

Jetta looks like he will be a decent player, but it is only after 1 NAB cup game.

Also, how many crumbing players can you have in a team?

People are hoping for Wonna to come back, then we have Davey, Jetta, Maric, as well as midfielders rotating through.

There are only enough spaces on the list for certain types of players. I am not sure how many crumbing forwards we need on our list?

And we recruited a tall midfielder instead, and we all know that you need as many midfielders as possible these days, just look at the Cats and the Saints.

Jetta looks like he will be a decent player, but it is only after 1 NAB cup game.

Also, how many crumbing players can you have in a team?

Not that I think we should have taken Jetta but a small forward does not necessarily make a crumber. In fact take Davey and Wonna out of the equation and the others are more opportunist forwards. With Davey expected to play high again this year we are actually light on for crumbing forwards.

If our recruiters took blokes every bloke that wasn't even playing a decent grade of footy and was recommended by an aunty I think we would be in more trouble than we currently are. I don't blame them for missing him in 2008.

It's very easy to sit back now and say that we should have taken him in '08 as a rookie, or that the FD made a mistake. Just remember that no club made a move on this guy at that time. I don't pretend to know the reasons for that, but obviously it was agreed on by everyone.

On a personal note, I repeatedly said I didn't think much of this guy during the lead-up to the draft. Clearly I was wrong on that front. Well done to those who liked the look of him.

I am with you on this one there was some talk that we were looking at him i was hoping we wouldn't take him in our first 4 picks. He looked pretty impressive in his first game though

Chris Connolly was the one who admitted the mistake was made, so i don't see what your problem is??

To be fair, Lewis was relatively unknown at the time our recruiting guys were there looking at Neville and Jamie. It was a comment by Neville's mum that has turned out to be pretty prophetic.

I believe the guys were on their way back to the airport in Perth and there was no game to watch Lewis play to assess him.

I suppose if we drafted every player recommended by another player's mum we would have 100 on the list. As I watched last night I felt very disappointed too but these things happen. Speak to the Pies fans now about Liam Jurrah, that is worse, he was their player. These things happen all the time and we will just have to hope the boys we took turn out ok.

That year i watched Nik Nat Jetta and Daniel Rich all tear up the WAFL via Tapes sent over from perth

I enjoyed those shifts.

That's just clearly not true. Lewis played Colts with Swans a few years ago, but didn't play a senior WAFL game until last year. In 2008 Lewis and his brother Graham were in Bunbury. Swan Districts brought them both up to Perth last year, housed them and got them jobs.

Unless the ABC highlights package extends to the South West Football League I think you got on the bandwagon when it was already rolling down a pretty steep hill.

PAH! One game and people are going crazy after Jetta. He looked good, but it was one game!

Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda........ every club is in the same boat!

Good luck to him, let us just be happy with who we have got for now.

That's just clearly not true. Lewis played Colts with Swans a few years ago, but didn't play a senior WAFL game until last year. In 2008 Lewis and his brother Graham were in Bunbury. Swan Districts brought them both up to Perth last year, housed them and got them jobs.

Unless the ABC highlights package extends to the South West Football League I think you got on the bandwagon when it was already rolling down a pretty steep hill.

Well Perth must have sent us vision of him from wherever, on a 3 hour tape you can fit a lot of hi lites and Lewis Jetta was definately on those tapes.

But as others have said Good Luck to him.

Players like him are always good for the game.

I still don't see how you couldn't have known an 18 year old player wasn't up for a draft, or why you said you thought we should get him because you watched 5 matches on the tv...

But anyway.

Personally, I think you and C.I.P. have WYL up against the ropes with no where to go.

I think WYL hopped on the bandwagon.

You can think what you like, it doesn't bother me at all.

Bottom line is The club had the chace to get Lewis Jetta and didn't

A mistake that was admitted by CC-talk to him about it if it bothers you that much.

You can think what you like, it doesn't bother me at all.

Bottom line is The club had the chace to get Lewis Jetta and didn't

A mistake that was admitted by CC-talk to him about it if it bothers you that much.

You are aware that every other club had the same chance..?

Not sure what makes us special in this case, besides the fact we were told he was the goods by a relative, which must happen a thousand times on each of these trips.

I still don't see how you couldn't have known an 18 year old player wasn't up for a draft, or why you said you thought we should get him because you watched 5 matches on the tv...

But anyway.

i thought i had previously answered this, are you inferring that we did not get any footage from Perth??

In 2008 ABC Melbourne did the Half Time Football wraps around Australia during the Half time breaks of the VFL match, thus each recorded game from the WAFL & SANFL was sent over with a timed run down of marked Highlights.

On those tapes there highlights of Lewis Jetta as well, which because of the melbourne connection i took an interest in watching.

At the time i had no idea of his draft situation but i was disapointed when i later heard CC say that we had a chance on him but did do it.

End of Story QED

WYL,

As per CIP's information, Lewis Jetta didn't play WAFL in 2008. If you were being sent highlights of his 2008 then it must have been from the SWFL instead, which is not only improbable but also against the information that you have provided.

Also, why did you take an interest in 2008 of Lewis Jetta due to his Melbourne connections when Neville didn't come onto our list until after the 2008 season?

Just accept defeat and move on.

LJ played a couple of games during the last WAFL season that were standouts & was fantastic in the State game v. SA. I was watching him closely & at one stage was really hoping we'd pick him up. But, really, his big games were too few & consistency was missing. He would have been a gamble as a high pick, but would have been nice to get him a year earlier. The story about Neville's mum came out on the night we had that indigenous tribute in the Long Room.

Can't beat the indigenous boys for sheer speed, and they all seem to have that extra sense, where they know in advance where the ball will travel.

Brilliant to watch.

Brainwashed by a myth

absoluteley nothing to do with being indigenous at all

more fast twitch muscle fibre is an asset to sprinters

you either have it or you dont

WYL,

As per CIP's information, Lewis Jetta didn't play WAFL in 2008. If you were being sent highlights of his 2008 then it must have been from the SWFL instead, which is not only improbable but also against the information that you have provided.

Also, why did you take an interest in 2008 of Lewis Jetta due to his Melbourne connections when Neville didn't come onto our list until after the 2008 season?

Just accept defeat and move on.

defeat?? ARe you saying i didn't do 15 hours work a week during the Wafl Season of 2008. I told you before, we recieved footage from all over-it was sent to ABC on highlight reels along with one Main game a week.

I have no idea what team he was playing for but by God he could run. Later CC made his speech saying they had made a mistake not picking him up. On what i had seen of him i agreed..

FFS this is not the spanish inquisition is it? i am sorry if i saw some vision that you did not, But in a TV station that what we deal in mostly.

It's 1.30 AM Goodnight.

Edited by why you little

I don't doubt that you work doing WAFL footage. But CIP's information is that Lewis Jetta didn't play WAFL in 2008 and, instead, he was playing country footy in Bunbury.

Therefor you did not see footage of him playing WAFL in the 2008 season.

Either you saw footage from a different year, of a different player or you are just wrong. Your choice.

defeat?? ARe you saying i didn't do 15 hours work a week during the Wafl Season of 2008.

I don't doubt that you work doing WAFL footage. But CIP's information is that Lewis Jetta didn't play WAFL in 2008 and, instead, he was playing country footy in Bunbury.

Either you saw footage from a different year, of a different player or you are just wrong. Your choice.

Agreed.

WYL, no one doubts of your work involving incoming footage. The time frame doesn't add up. As pointed out

Time to move on guys.

Lewis Jetta showed much composure and balance from what I saw. On one or two occassions he reminded me of a certain particular player who we all adore.

Just remember, Carlton, Essendon, Port and West Coast also overlooked him in the draft.

Axis read carefully my previous posts. I did not state that i saw him catergorically playing in the WAFL in 2008.

We got vision from all over WA, Mainly WAFL but there was extra leagues sent across. Sometimes WAFL Grounds are very empty on the outer, so Leagues can look the same

So if he was playing in Bunbury thats where the footage came from-at the time his jumper did not mean anything to me

I have never been to Perth yet..but we definately recieved Lewis Jetta Highlight footage that year.

2008 was the only year i worked on the VFL

Any how i am outta here. Good luck to Lewis- he has Raw talent...

Axis read carefully my previous posts. I did not state that i saw him catergorically playing in the WAFL in 2008.

Your first post in this thread:

i saw some footage of him in the WAFL

Your second post in this thread:

I saw him play about 5 Games on TV in the WAFL

Your seventh post:

That year i watched Nik Nat Jetta and Daniel Rich all tear up the WAFL via Tapes sent over from perth

stupid.jpeg