Clint Bartram may have left the building

kallioota

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be interesting if he gets a spot on another list.

This is all obviously speculation until its confirmed, but if true, then if he's "walking out" I assume he's got somewhere to go. You wouldn't normally leave in the vague hope that someone will draft you. In any event, if true, it makes the decisions on the culling of the last uncontracted players just slightly easier. I think he was in trouble anyway.

I'll be quite happy if that's true.

Don't get me wrong - Barts' has been a great worker for the club - and I don't like to see him walk out bitter

Its just that of our younger players , he is the one with the most limitations - and the one least likely to be part of a successful team going forward.

Hmm well with Bartram you could understand if he didnt have another club to go to as his father passed away recently, But with him Mclean and Mcnamara and also Davey almost leaving im not sure i like what im hearing regarding our club. Clearly some players are very agitated and its disturbing not knowing why. How many more players are going to be [censored] off and want out ?

Isn't it pick 34 opened up?

Someone on bigfooty was claiming McNamara :( and Bartram to be gone.

1, 2, 11 and PSD1 are open with Robbo, Wheats, Whelan, and McLean going.

Two more deletions for 18 and 34.

I rate PSD1 as more important than 18, but they will both be open I'm sure.

34 may or may not be open. But the club will probably delete two of Buckley, Batram, Cheney, and McNamara (as they are OOC).

Hmm well with Bartram you could understand if he didnt have another club to go to as his father passed away recently, But with him Mclean and Mcnamara and also Davey almost leaving im not sure i like what im hearing regarding our club. Clearly some players are very agitated and its disturbing not knowing why. How many more players are going to be [censored] off and want out ?

Maybe some like McNamara and Bartram have been told they're not good enough and will be p1$$ed off. Fancy that!! I think the departure is mutual. The McLean issue has been done to death. We did well to get 11 for McLean and Collingwood were offering 25 and 62( ie zero) for Ball. Davey has signed for four years and he must be pretty p1$$ed off too.

To answer your question which players are OOC now? And if we did or did not sign then would it really matter?

34 may or may not be open. But the club will probably delete two of Buckley, Batram, Cheney, and McNamara (as they are OOC).

Good summary of our situation there, only omission is we would need to cull more if we were to elevate any rookie selections... Paul Johnson could perhaps be considered too, if we choose to elevate Spencer, however I doubt that happening...

From those 4, I think it will be Bartram and Cheney to go... Retain Valenti as a 3rd year rookie if he agrees.

Like everyone else on this site, I'm not going to claim to know much about the draft prospects... :o

But if from what I'm reading is true about the depth of talent ( ;) ) then I'd probably rate Bartram and Buckley over pick 34. It'd be good if you can keep your list full, have the draft then assess from there.

Cam Bruce can be promoted to the Veterans list which frees up another spot.

The indications from the club are that intends to use 34 and 50 so at least one more player has to go, and perhaps more if we want to promote a rookie.

Edited by grazman

Cam Bruce can be promoted to the Veterans list which frees up another spot.

The indications from the club are that intends to use 34 and 50 so at least one more player has to go, and perhaps more if we want to promote a rookie.

Robbo was on veterans list, so no, it doesnt free up another spot

Guest Watts=Saviour
Everyone is writing off cheney, i dont see why... ive said it before and ill say it again, he was a definite positive from the crap in 09

Yeah I agree.

Everyone is writing off cheney, i dont see why... ive said it before and ill say it again, he was a definite positive from the crap in 09
This is just my opinion, and I know it is a harsh call - it's because he doesn't have the speed or skills that are needed. I'd rather toughen up Bennell, Strauss and McNamara by playing them for 50 games than trying to get skills into Cheney.

Bailey always stresses the need to get games into "the right players". I believe Cheney is not the right player.

Not good news if he has. Not so much because he is a required player, but because he walked out.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, Jack. You can exchange "walked out" to "I'm going to walk out before I'm delisted by the wooden spooners in an attempt to salvage an opportunity to get picked up in the PSD." I'll actually be happy for him if it comes off. Again, if true, surely he's got a team to go to.