Wrecker

45HG

Thank you to a great of the Melbourne footy club.

150 brilliant matches and so many more memories.

You embodied everything that we all hope for in a player, and in a club as a whole.

Thank you wrecker. I'll miss you.

You embodied everything that we all hope for in a player, and in a club as a whole.

Hey 45 in your Avatar is that you with Matty? Its just a little small to see exactly.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Well said.

I laughed out loud on the radio broadcast when during the last quarter the following special comment was made - "Matty Whelan looks like he just wants to hurt blokes now, he's thrown in the towel" Love you Wrecker you have entertained me thoroughly during your time as a Demon. When you flicked the switch in your brain that said "Kill someone" it was one of the funniest and heartwarming sights in the modern AFL game. Retire the 45!

Nice thoughts mate. I agree with everything you said about 'Wheels' He should have been in our 150 Legends. A great role model for ALL players in the club. Not just the indigenous ones.

Nice thoughts mate. I agree with everything you said about 'Wheels' He should have been in our 150 Legends. A great role model for ALL players in the club. Not just the indigenous ones.

My favourite player over the past 20 years, just pipping the Wiz. In his prime rarely beaten, tough to a point of being kamikazie, Melbourne's best tackler and clean with both hand and foot. Cruelled by injury particularly in 2000 and I think 2002. Here's hoping there is some role for you in the club in the future.

one of the reasons we haven't been ultimately successfull over the past decade. if wrecker had stayed on the park we would have been that little bit closer.

a fantastic footballer whose body just didnt keep up with his head. congrats on 150 games. always a leader, always a performer, will be missed.

My favourite player as well. Have great admiration for the way he played his footy, always gave his all and certainly an underrated player in the scheme of things. Had the hallmarks of a very good player, nearly always made the right decision and found his teammates when required. Also his legendary tackle and hip and shoulder, both great trademarks.

Always gave great value for money for the spectator, it's such a shame it was a rare sight to see him play in recent years. You set the benchmark Wheels in a lot of ways, let's hope others can follow in your footsteps! Well done.

Father son rule! :)

Going to the footy won't be the same without Wheels out there. Thanks for the last 10 years. Will miss his fierce tackles. First Indigenous player to receive Life Membership. First Indigenous player to play 150 games. Great leader in the backline.

:wub:

Thanks for the pleasure of watching you Wheels. An ornament to the Melbourne Footy Club. All the very best for your chosen path.

Memories.....

Too many....

Thanks so much Matty.... Your service has given us many smiles....

Let's have one last look at an absolute cracker.....

God, I love that footage!!

And another.....

Whelan smashes Luke Ball

What a bloke!!

Edited by KrazyJay

i had a tear yesterday when i was saying goodbye to wheels was one of my all time favourite player! that bump on hird in the elimination finals in 2004 turned the game for us and that still sticks in my head!

YOU ARE A DEADSET LEGEND WHEELS!!

gunn miss ya old fella :(

Godspeed, Wrecker.

Godspeed.

Must say I started to feel sad as I left the game thinking no more Wheels, Robbo and Wheats. They have been part of our lives for quite a while. They were not only good footballers but nice guys as well and only too happy to have a chat.

It is a lesson to all footballers, that your time in the game is short and to give it everything and treat every game as your last, because it could be.