Hawks miss the finals!

titan_uranus

Hawthorn become the first premier in 10 years to miss the finals the following year.

WOOOHOOOO!!!!

At Essendon's expense, which will no doubt frustrate many on this site, but I like Essendon, and I hate Hawthorn more than any other team (except Collingwood, of course).

Good game, though.

I feel awfully sorry for Max Bailey though. What dead rotton luck, I felt like crying too when I saw him crying in the rooms at half time.

Yeah, awful story that. Really awful.

It's not been a good year for players returning from long-term injuries. There's been Coughlan, who's now been delisted, Muston, who's been in and out of the side, and now Bailey.

I actually have a soft spot for the Hawks, and I rate them enormously. With the benefit of a better injury list, they're going to have a lot to prove next year.

It may actually be just the thing for them. Something to remind them they're mortal after last years heroics.

Yeh I'd have prefered Hawthorn...I've always hated the Bombers after 2000...

But from a footy perspective, it would have been awesome if Essendon met Carlton at the 'G, week 1 of finals. 90,000+. But Carlton are being smashed atm.

Michael Hurley looks a gem for the Bombers....4 goals and 10 marks, he dominated today.

Edited by Stop: Jurrahtime

Lloyd will pay for his Shirt Front on Sewell. NOW THAT WAS INTENTIONAL unlike Franklin.

There is (Or should be) a Huge Difference AFL.

I Hate Essendon so i wish them nothing.

The Hawks gave it everything with one on the Bench.

Somebody will Take out Lloyd one day, should have been done years ago.

6 weeks for Today's effort may finish his career though-Pity that.....

I didn't mind the bombers getting in, what a good 3rd quarter. Hope there is more of that in the finals, really hard contested footy. Don't think bombers will pose much threat though with Loyd gonna miss at least 2 and i think i saw Ryder throw a punch too.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Hawks to miss? Shame! I was looking forward to the arrogant SOB's annoying me all summer like they did last year. Oh well, maybe next year.

Those who would have preferred Hawthorn to win were obviously not at Waverley park on prelim final day 1987. I don't like Essendon either, but I can tell you I had a smirk on my face in the last quarter each time they kicked a goal and sunk the dagger deeper into Hawthorns wretched, miserable heart. Goodbye Hawthorn!!!

For the younger generation (Y) suppoters either team making the 8 does not mean a thing. The only possible grudge being held against one of these teams would be from the 2000 Grand Final, and to be honest we got smashed that easily I was over it by QTR time.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic
For the younger generation (Y) suppoters either team making the 8 does not mean a thing. The only possible grudge being held against one of these teams would be from the 2000 Grand Final, and to be honest we got smashed that easily I was over it by QTR time.

Maybe, but I remember the 80's all too well. They not only beat us on the scoreboard for ten years + but they beat the living crap out of our players. The supporters were insufferable shits too. I remember getting punched in the head by a scum Hawks supporter in 1990 because I made the mistake of saying "Bad luck, looks like we are both stuck on 7 GF's in a row". Fortunately I was a young buck of 19 and I dealt with it pretty well but I have never forgotten.

Hawthorn and Carlton can both get on the bloody Titanic and swim at the bottom of the ocean for all I care.

Michael Hurley looks a gem for the Bombers....4 goals and 10 marks, he dominated today.

When it comes to drafting, I hate it when you've gone through 22 rounds of pain, and when it comes to the end of the season, you only get 1 player. Last year it may have been great to get Watts, but I felt we weren't being compensated quite enough, given how woeful we were. Hurley was a great example of this. Purely watching the on-ground stuff, I thought he may have been the standout in many ways, and thought the bombers were very fortunate to get a player like him...

That's superdrafts though, I guess.

What a game it was, i actualy went with a few mates both supporting Essendon and hawthorn., personally i was just hoping for a biff!.

But on a serious note sitting watching and not barracking for any side and just watching the supporters go nuts, i just thought thank god this season is almost over with all this tanking and not wanting to win, seriously its like i almost forgot what this great game is about.

Bring on 2010, WINS WINS WINS!

Edited by Carn dees

Whilst Lloyd's bump was on a par, if not worse, than Franklin's, Campbell Brown's comments after the game were pathetic and he should immediately apologise. To call Lloyd a 'sniper', when he has never once been reported for anything against Hawthorn (whereas Brown copped 4 weeks for something against Essendon once) is pretty poor. All this after Hawthorn was going nuts over Franklin's suspension not one week ago. Rude and wrong. I really dislike him.

But on a serious not sitting watching and not barracking for any side and just watching the supporters go nuts, i just thought thank god this season is almost over with all this tanking and not wanting to win, seriously its like i almost forgot what this great game is about.

Very true, that. Finals are just something else, aren't they?

Meanwhile, I'm off to the 'G today without a care in the world about the result of the match. Sad times, but hopefully today marks the end of this.

My response to Brown's comments are pretty much the same as my responses to reports that Michael Long was warned that if he played Melbourne again he was going to cop it.

Pathetic and morally corrupt. It's very difficult for Brown to claim superiority over Lloyd when he's threatening to belt him the next time they play - especially considering he played a part in the "line in the sand" match, I fail to see how that wasn't sniping.

When it comes to drafting, I hate it when you've gone through 22 rounds of pain, and when it comes to the end of the season, you only get 1 player. Last year it may have been great to get Watts, but I felt we weren't being compensated quite enough, given how woeful we were. Hurley was a great example of this. Purely watching the on-ground stuff, I thought he may have been the standout in many ways, and thought the bombers were very fortunate to get a player like him...

That's superdrafts though, I guess.

Last year was very much a long-term draft for us though, remembering we got Blease as the PP for compensation.

And it was more than one player.....you can't forget the PSD last year....I would have been happy with Jurrah at pick 1 in the ND!!!. :)