Gameday - Melbourne v Carlton

titan_uranus

All over.

Blues kick 6 in every quarter, we kick 4 in all but the last where we kick just 3.

6.3 12.5 18.9 24.9 - 153

4.2 8.3 12.4 15.6 - 96

Weird. I've seen us play worse in 57 point losses. But it's a timely reminder of where we're at. Our best 22 would all but displace that 22 completely. Blues didn't really get out of 3rd though. The media will say Fev kicked 4 after half time... but so did Robbo!!!

One more week of this crap...

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a muppit - has no club loyalty, is so desperate to hang onto his job, he'd rather player players out of position than win.

Tell me what stunning tacticts has he shown in his two years at the club?

His famous game plan is still that, a pie in the sky.

Me don't need to embarrass myself when I can leave that to the coach.

you havent quite understood what this past two seasons is really about have you ?? :huh:

you havent quite understood what this past two seasons is really about have you ?? :huh:

Not really. ;) That is because very little has changed unless winning one more game amounts to some kind of improvement.

Our skills and ability to play possession football hasn't improved - there is one thing in rebuilding but you still need someone who has a direction and a plan for the kids. I get the feeling Bailey just makes it up week to week and hopes something will go right.

He is a muppit - has no club loyalty, is so desperate to hang onto his job, he'd rather player players out of position than win.

Im not a Bailey lover by any stretch, but he gets a big tick from me for ensuring we get picks 1 and 2.

All over.

Blues kick 6 in every quarter, we kick 4 in all but the last where we kick just 3.

6.3 12.5 18.9 24.9 - 153

4.2 8.3 12.4 15.6 - 96

Our best 22 would all but displace that 22 completely.

I really wish that the ones having a cry understand that. Today's team and positional changes will NEVER be repeated

So say hello to Scully and move on.

On the plus side we just witnessed Jamar kick the biggest bag of his career, and if he wants out he just significantly bumped up his trade value. It's all good news.

Not really. ;) That is because very little has changed unless winning one more game amounts to some kind of improvement.

Our skills and ability to play possession football hasn't improved - there is one thing in rebuilding but you still need someone who has a direction and a plan for the kids. I get the feeling Bailey just makes it up week to week and hopes something will go right.

That was a seriously undermanned team playing today. Add up the game time of all but the few real vets and we're a bit green.

"That is because very little has changed unless winning one more game amounts to some kind of improvement."

what on earth does this translate into ?? which way are you leaning.

Im not a Bailey lover by any stretch, but he gets a big tick from me for ensuring we get picks 1 and 2.

yet did he win any respect from the supporters. That game against North melbourne said it all when the supporters who could be bothered showing up jeered him off. You look at all the hard work Stynes has done to unify the club, and Bailey and his 1 and 2 pick ploy has gone through like a wrecking bull. Nobody I have talked to has been impressed by Bailey's last six rounds tactics.

Edited by agent_orange

Obviously the Agent Orange is affecting your thoughts.

You have obviously never built anything up from scratch have you, & possess no patience.

Bailey showing no club loyalty?? Give me a break.

Talk to me in 12 Months after we make Position 8 at seasons end.

2 years ago this club was a complete mess. It takes time to rebuild if it is to be done right.

Picks 1 & 2 await within 8 days.

Watts will get a full Pre season

see ya next year Muppet.

yet did he win any respect from the supporters. That game against North melbourne said it all when the supporters who could be bothered showing up jeered him off. You look at all the hard work Stynes has done to unify the club, and Bailey and his 1 and 2 pick ploy has gone through like a wrecking bull. Nobody I have talked to has been impressed by Bailey's last six rounds tactics.

He has my respect.

You dont think Bailey and Stynes are on the same page ?? :lol:

You obviously talk to fools !!

Then you're as bad as carlton supporters.

Can't wait for the end of next year. Will we be rebuilding or will it be see ya Bailey?

No...its called seeing beyond teh smokescreen and mirrors. Its understanding a process takes some effort and theres pain involved.

Ever heard of the expression...you dont make an Ommelette without breaking eggs ??

I barrack and support our club.I am as critical as anyone here or at teh ground. I will also praise efforts when deserved. Bailey has has an arduous task in rebuilding a team, managing end-of -careers, balancing two visions from boards and all the whiles sticking to a plan to do this within the parameters of an ambiguous AFL and a truck load of injuries.

I think thats a pretty good effort

No...its called seeing beyond teh smokescreen and mirrors. Its understanding a process takes some effort and theres pain involved.

Ever heard of the expression...you dont make an Ommelette without breaking eggs ??

I barrack and support our club.I am as critical as anyone here or at teh ground. I will also praise efforts when deserved. Bailey has has an arduous task in rebuilding a team, managing end-of -careers, balancing two visions from boards and all the whiles sticking to a plan to do this within the parameters of an ambiguous AFL and a truck load of injuries.

I think thats a pretty good effort

You like losing because you feel there is something to be gained. I love winning because I love the red and blue. If I suspect someone has purposefully lost just to gain an extra draft pick, why would I respect them.

It sucks. Sitting their watching the crap against Richmond followed up by the game against North - that would have had to be the worst moment as a Demon supporter.

I dare you to disagree or any loyal supporter to disagree. Made me sick.

Pretty much sums it up 4 me.

Next year will seriously be make or break for Bails. By Mid-year even!

By rd.11 we'd wanna have at least 3 wins on the board - but most importantly,

a clearly evident game plan must have been established by then. He also must have ensured every player knows exactly what that plan is, what our goals are and whats expected of them personally.

If he hasn't achieved that, over the course of 2 1/2 years.. IMO.. then we have a problem..

..Right now.. of course he's playing 4 picks.. be lynched if he wasn't.. ;)

You like losing because you feel there is something to be gained. I love winning because I love the red and blue. If I suspect someone has purposefully lost just to gain an extra draft pick, why would I respect them.

It sucks. Sitting their watching the crap against Richmond followed up by the game against North - that would have had to be the worst moment as a Demon supporter.

where do I say I like losing ?? i simply understand its part of the process to the future.

Meaningless wins at this juncture compared to gaining superior talent bare no comparison.

Again...you are seemingly incapable of interpreting what is really going on. Its marvellous that you support Melbourne, its lamentable you cant see the forrest for the trees.

Hopefully youll understand next year. And we'll be winning a lot more then by the way... its the reward for what we endure now.

Its hard man

But theres no use in ending up on 6 / 7 wins, in the middle of nowhere in terms of the ladder and the draft

We're not really good enough ATM to win most weeks anyway!

I was heaps shitty a few weeks back, but its nearly over.. ;)

Draft week will cheer you up..

Edited by DemonDan...

Now now children, I think we all need to calm down and focus on what's important in this discussion.

THE UMPIRES!!!

[rant]

Seriously, how can the AFL continue to defend these clowns? The notion of impartial umpiring is dead and buried. Can anyone watching that game have any doubt that Carlton had 21 players on the field? As always, it's not the number of frees but the circumstances that truly tell the tale. How many goal did the umpires score for the blues from dubious if not downright laughable frees? How many were payed to the Melbourne forwards? This is the greatest blight upon the game in the modern era.

[/rant]

I would also like to say well done to Robbo for becoming the third highest goalkicker at the club. It's a huge achievement and should not be forgotten. Shame on the TV commentary team for failing to notice, even when his teammates came from far and wide to congratulate him.

I don't like losing Either, But if we can get some class recruits in the centre from this years Draft, it will mean we will win important games rather than just "dead Rubbers"

Bailey is in his 3rd year next year. He will go all out for results, don't you worry.

3 years of crap is coming to an end. Next year it is "Pedal to the metal"

Where were you last week?

Lose by ten goals and rubbing your hands together because you get to dust off your D'Land account and stick the knife in.

Well, more fun for you next week - we play the Saints. By all means, come out of the woodwork and tell us how bad Bailey is to lose to them aswell.

For everyone else, because AO is just a troll, my worst fear (and I expressed this with H, HT, 45HG16, RR and others) is coming into this season was that we would finish on 5-7 wins and have useless wins toward the end of the season.

Bailey has had the cajones to ensure 4 and put us in the best possible position from what was an impossible situation.

Lose by ten goals and rubbing your hands together because you get to dust off your D'Land account and stick the knife in.

Well, more fun for you next week - we play the Saints. By all means, come out of the woodwork and tell us how bad Bailey is to lose to them aswell.

For everyone else, because AO is just a troll, my worst fear (and I expressed this with H, HT, 45HG16, RR and others) is coming into this season was that we would finish on 5-7 wins and have useless wins toward the end of the season.

Bailey has had the cajones to ensure 4 and put us in the best possible position from what was an impossible situation.

And face a fair bake from Garry Lyon for it after the game on triple M I believe... (heard this 2nd hand)

Guest Rojik of the Arctic
Now now children, I think we all need to calm down and focus on what's important in this discussion.

THE UMPIRES!!!

[rant]

Seriously, how can the AFL continue to defend these clowns? The notion of impartial umpiring is dead and buried. Can anyone watching that game have any doubt that Carlton had 21 players on the field? As always, it's not the number of frees but the circumstances that truly tell the tale. How many goal did the umpires score for the blues from dubious if not downright laughable frees? How many were payed to the Melbourne forwards? This is the greatest blight upon the game in the modern era.

[/rant]

It's all subjective but I thought they were equally horrible both ways. I hope the weather is nice in Ararat next week for them.

At the game like I am every week. Not on demonology. I've been following the dee's for three decades now and this is the lowest point. Like it or not, I bagged Carlton supporters for their tanking... won't be defending the dee's tanking.

Some people have no self respect. Getting stuck in - just have serious doubts about the football department that is all.

???? What about the dozens of people here who get what he's trying to do? He has won THEIR respect. Along with our highest profile "supporter" in the media, Sheahan. As for jeering him off... I never heard about that. Are you sure they were jeering him? Are you sure it was our people? EVERY heavy loss incurs hatred from fans. So what.

If "nobody you have talked to" has come out and offered support, then what about all of us? We live and breathe MFC as much or more than anyone on our members list. So what are we, chopped liver?

Then you're as bad as carlton supporters.

Can't wait for the end of next year. Will we be rebuilding or will it be see ya Bailey?

Oh jesus. Stop acting so holier than thou. You want to see why he's going down this path? Have a look at the side that just kicked over 150 points against us. They did it the same way we are now, and they did it with a couple of their #1 draft picks picking up prodigious amounts of the ball.

Get your hand off it. When Scully and whoever we take at 2 are smashing it in a couple of years, I hope you sit on your hands and don't make a peep. If you can't support the club doing what they are doing, then you shouldn't be so hypocritical as to support them when we come good.

As for the rest of us. We'll keep getting excited at the club finally taking the AFL seriously and TRYING TO WIN A FLAG!!!!!

Edited by Dappa Dan