Casey Scorpions v Collingwood

Stigga

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i rest my case. Even when Watts had back to back 22 possession games, he still didn't deserve a debut. They were 22 of the most unassuming touches. If watts plays, it will be for tanking purposes.

I disagree with you Freak. Statistics don't always tell the story. The quality of Watts' disposal and descision marking was on display yesterday even if he didn't dominate and it wasn't really a day for the big men.

On the statistics above, I'd be making a few changes this week and it's definitely time to give Jordie McKenzie a look in.

Edited by Demon Head

i rest my case. Even when Watts had back to back 22 possession games, he still didn't deserve a debut. They were 22 of the most unassuming touches. If watts plays, it will be for tanking purposes.

Mark Thompson summed it up the other day when he said "there are some players that get games based on form and some that get games for their development. Tom Hawkins will be playing for the rest of the year".

It's a pretty simple philosophy. But possibly not simple enough for some.

dunn is just an example of why newton should be in the team. You've been calling for Dunns delisting when he clearly is in our best 18. He finally get s a chance and he is playing some good footy, and kicking goals...something Dunn is programmed to do. He kicks a goal or more in every game. He is one of a few that has aggression, foot skills and goal scoring abilities. If Newton gets a chance he will show you wrong just like Dunn has.

And Jaded, I know your type. You base your opinion based on where a player went in the draft. 'Oh yeh watts will be a gun PURELY based on the fact he was a top pick'. Maybe go down to casey and watch him live...i've seen him play every reserve game, every casey senior game and every melbourne game. If you didn't know he was a top pick you wouldnt even notice him

Edited by Freak

coz it was laughable that he debuted ahead of newton. if you're going on vfl form alone, newton averaged stacks more contested marks, kicked stacks more goals and laid stacks more tackles. If we were in a grand final tomorrow, I believe Watts is probably the worst on our whole list, bar rookies. And even then hughes and McKenzie are better. nothing against watts, as i'm sure he will be good in 5 years, but for now he is utterly useless

What the...

Newton played his first game in 2007 and has been given plenty of chances since then to prove his worth in the seniors (and how many times exactly can you debut)... to use your phrase when given his chances he was utterly useless. It's probably never crossed your mind that the footy department might actually know a little bit about the game... but in any case I'm backing their judgement over yours.

dunn is just an example of why newton should be in the team. You've been calling for Dunns delisting when he clearly is in our best 18. He finally get s a chance and he is playing some good footy, and kicking goals...something Dunn is programmed to do. He kicks a goal or more in every game. He is one of a few that has aggression, foot skills and goal scoring abilities. If Newton gets a chance he will show you wrong just like Dunn has.

Ohhh I get it now... you're taking the [censored].

Once again absolute tripe. Those games were well supported and were enough form for promotion. Newton was that far from it, it wasn't funny. Once again your posts are true to form. By the way where have you been? Away on vacation with Y_M?

Edited by High Tower

I disagree with you Freak. Statistics don't always tell the story. The quality of Watts' disposal and descision marking was on display yesterday even if he didn't dominate and it wasn't really a day for the big men.

On the statistics above, I'd be making a few changes this week and it's definitely time to give Jordie McKenzie a look in.

Did you see the kick he made into the fwd 50 in the 2nd quarter to pick out Miller on the lead? Into a howling breeze he stab passed the ball 40 mts, going no higher than 10 mts from the ground onto Miller's [censored] in the middle of a congested forward line. The kid's got some talent, I think patience is the key. The big forwards have always taken a big longer to develop, Jack will be no different.

And Jaded, I know your type. You base your opinion based on where a player went in the draft. 'Oh yeh watts will be a gun PURELY based on the fact he was a top pick'. Maybe go down to casey and watch him live...i've seen him play every reserve game, every casey senior game and every melbourne game. If you didn't know he was a top pick you wouldnt even notice him

What the hell are you on about?

I can see things in Watts that are beyond unbelievable for someone his size. He possess skills and an innate football ability that few do, and those are the sorts of things that will make him a star. Plenty of young tall kids grow a body and become good player, few become stars/elite. Watts has those extra things, like awareness, smarts, the ability to find time and space and a great blind turn, that will make him a unique talent.

FFS, you sit here and tell us that Dunn has aggression, Newton should be ahead of Watts and that Grimes and Morton can't kick, and you think I have no idea about judging talent?

That you've seen Watts and Newton in action so much, and that you still make the calls that you do, is a perfect summary of why most of what you say turns out to be false.

Maybe go down to casey and watch him live...i've seen him play every reserve game, every casey senior game and every melbourne game. If you didn't know he was a top pick you wouldnt even notice him

Even after all those times you claim to have gone to Casey, you still cant see that Watts is easily a cut above the pack in the VFL. At 18, little experience, no pre season and his first time playing against men he is already showing the signs that have identified him as a serious talent. Terrible waste of petrol money when you dont understand the game.

And "oh wait" he pales into insignificance against "no flaws" Newton. :lol:

What a genius. :P

14.7-91 Coburg Tigers

def.

13.12-90 Casey Scorpions

Coburg Tigers

Goal Kickers: A. Gilligan 4, J. De Sousa 3, T. Abdallah 2, D. Putt, J. Bassi, J. Saville, J. Kandilakis, C. McErlain

Best Players: R. Jordon, T. Abdallah, N. Wood, L. McQuilken, A. Gilligan, J. Kandilakis

Casey Scorpions

Goal Kickers: W. Lees 3, J. Dean 3, T. Zomer 2, B. Waite, J. Terry, C. Clay, A. Hillberge, S. McLeod

Best Players: P. Liddle, J. Dean, G. Snow, J. Costigan, W. Lees, S. McLeod

Buckley, Spencer, Zomer and T Mac all listed as played.

Even after all those times you claim to have gone to Casey, you still cant see that Watts is easily a cut above the pack in the VFL. At 18, little experience, no pre season and his first time playing against men he is already showing the signs that have identified him as a serious talent. Terrible waste of petrol money when you dont understand the game.

And "oh wait" he pales into insignificance against "no flaws" Newton. :lol:

What a genius. :P

Perhaps Watts has spent to much time with Grimes and his "fundamentally flawed" kicking action. Poor man.

18 year old not dominating AFL, must be crap.

14.7-91 Coburg Tigers

def.

13.12-90 Casey Scorpions

Coburg Tigers

Goal Kickers: A. Gilligan 4, J. De Sousa 3, T. Abdallah 2, D. Putt, J. Bassi, J. Saville, J. Kandilakis, C. McErlain

Best Players: R. Jordon, T. Abdallah, N. Wood, L. McQuilken, A. Gilligan, J. Kandilakis

Casey Scorpions

Goal Kickers: W. Lees 3, J. Dean 3, T. Zomer 2, B. Waite, J. Terry, C. Clay, A. Hillberge, S. McLeod

Best Players: P. Liddle, J. Dean, G. Snow, J. Costigan, W. Lees, S. McLeod

Buckley, Spencer, Zomer and T Mac all listed as played.

1 point margin, looks like a thriller.

Good to see Pierce Liddle back and in the bests. Anyone in the know at Casey have an update on him?

FFS, you sit here and tell us that Dunn has aggression, Newton should be ahead of Watts and that Grimes and Morton can't kick, and you think I have no idea about judging talent?

That you've seen Watts and Newton in action so much, and that you still make the calls that you do, is a perfect summary of why most of what you say turns out to be false.

LOL. Owned.

Edited by Doggo

Oh my god you are so full of [censored]. It was you who stated in a previous topic that Jurrah wasn't going to be that great because he wasn't drafted early.

And also, Isn't Dunn the dreaded 192cm tall? you called him a dud a couple of weeks ago purely basing your argument on height and now your saying he is going to be good?

Oh my god you are so full of [censored]. It was you who stated in a previous topic that Jurrah wasn't going to be that great because he wasn't drafted early.

And also, Isn't Dunn the dreaded 192cm tall? you called him a dud a couple of weeks ago purely basing your argument on height and now your saying he is going to be good?

Bingo.

He also said that he can't kick far and isn't as fast as Naitanui.

:lol:

lol at watts. he was lucky to be promoted to the vfl seniors in the first place..let alone play for melburne. did nothing today

Coaches assessment:

"Jack Watts - played on a wing and went back into defence and although he didn't show out as much as some of the others he showed exquisite skills in the conditions, the highlight being a magnificent pass to Brad Miller against the wind in the second term."

How is it that everyone else can see it Freak but as usual you cant see the wood for the trees? :lol:

Perhaps Watts has spent to much time with Grimes and his "fundamentally flawed" kicking action. Poor man.

18 year old not dominating AFL, must be crap.

Spot on, 45H.

Freak has got the worst ratio on D'Land when it comes to judging players.

I mean, Grimes is 20 and taking the kick outs, but he has a "fundamentally flawed" kicking action?!

Watts will be fine, bring him back in for the Tigers, NM and Freo games.