• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

My 3 word player analysis V Port Flower

joeboy

Bate - ten minute performance

Bell - aggressive but chancey

Bruce - sensational all day

Davey - outstanding in bursts

Dunn - may have arrived

Frawley - great despite errors

Green - provided senior leadership

Grimes - played with flair

Jamar - strong and determined

Jetta - almost Davey - like

Jones - excellent tagging game

Jurrah - an excitement machine

Martin - some important touches

McDonald - not his best

McLean - there when needed

Moloney - mistakes but vital

Morton - set up plays

Petterd - great opportunist's game

Rivers - a rock again

Robertson - selfish and undisciplined

Warnock - there when needed

Wheatley - provided the stability

Edited by joeboy

Okay so this isn't three words but Morton needs to be sent back to the 2's and be sent a message. Too many times today he did not go in hard enough. I am starting to think he is scared of the contest.

He needs to be told that AFL is a physical game and if he doesn't like getting touched, he should stop playing the game.

He just frustrates me so much, he is so outside he's impaling himself on the boundary fence.

Oooh. Not your best work Joeboy. You've been in form lately, but not this week.

Pretty much all the negative ones I thought deserved praise, and many of the positive ones I thought were patchy. Any reason you didn't include Bell? Just the injury?

Oooh. Not your best work Joeboy. You've been in form lately, but not this week.

Pretty much all the negative ones I thought deserved praise, and many of the positive ones I thought were patchy. Any reason you didn't include Bell? Just the injury?

EG ?

Added Bell now

Jurrah - just so exciting

Jetta - played very well

Green - good as always

Bruce - best on ground

MFC - tried to tank

Umpires - tried to help

Edited by 45hotgod

Okay so this isn't three words but Morton needs to be sent back to the 2's and be sent a message. Too many times today he did not go in hard enough. I am starting to think he is scared of the contest.

He needs to be told that AFL is a physical game and if he doesn't like getting touched, he should stop playing the game.

He just frustrates me so much, he is so outside he's impaling himself on the boundary fence.

I agree he's a bit soft, but thought today was the first time I've actually seen him go in after the ball. He also laid five tackles which adding to his four last week makes me think something has been said to him.

I understand your sentiments, just find it strange you post them today after he played a reasonable game.

I agree he's a bit soft, but thought today was the first time I've actually seen him go in after the ball. He also laid five tackles which adding to his four last week makes me think something has been said to him.

I understand your sentiments, just find it strange you post them today after he played a reasonable game.

The reason i post now is because during the 3rd quarter? in the middle of the ground a smothered Warnock kick required Morton to go in hard and get the ball, sure he slid in, but he did not want to put his body on the line. All the supporters surrounding me agreed that it was a weak as pi$$ effort. Whilst he was decent for the rest of the game (minus an extremely poor turnover) it was this moment that really disappointed me.

He needs to be told to put his body on the line. I don't expect a Brad 'i run back with the flight of the ball every time' Green effort, i just want to see that he isn't afraid of physical contact.

I thought Moloney's ball use today was exceptionally clean, and he always picks the right option. No longer blazes away like Moloney circa 2004-2007. Might have missed them, but i don't recall him making many mistakes at all.

Jurrah - SO UNBELIEVABLY TALENTED!

Petterd - career best performance

Dunn - exceeded all expectations

Wheatley - too many errors

Bell - contracted but unsafe

Frawley,Warnock, Rivers: Solid and Reliable

Wheatley: Mixture

Bruce: Brilliant

Green: presenting allover ground

Davey: the deliverer

Bell: Takes them on ????

Grimes :growing in quality

Morton: Chased better

Moloney: Disposal improved markedly

McLean: Getting more confident

Dunn: Great team game, 1%s,tackles

Jetta: Forward pressure,Teamplayer

Bate: Provides genuine target

Jurrah: Has footy brain (most important arrival since Bethlehem)

Robbo: Moved more

Petterd: Worked well with Jurrah & Bate

Jamar : A genuine ruckman

McDonald: Director & supporter

Jones: Disposal better,Courageous

Martin: Apprentice multi skilled

Umpires: Cannot fathom !!

Edited by dimmy

Anyone sitting closer to Port's cheersquad might be able to tell me what the umpire said that free against Green in the last was for?

:wacko:

He paid a mark , not a free, and the replay showed he was correct

EG ?

Added Bell now

Ta.

Ok, let's see...

Bate: Good signs again.

Bell: Goodbye Ding dong.

Davey: Well beaten unfortunately.

Dunn: Showing glimpses only.

Jetta: (this one wasn't bad, I just don't know which Davey you're comparing him to. Davey circa 2009 or Davey circa 2004?)

McLean: Best midfielder today.

Morton: Tired. Rest him.

Petterd: Only getting better. (Thought "opportunist" was harsh)

Wheatley: Just ok really.

There's a few. Not trying to start a big disagreement, just saw it differently. I look forward to these threads. And I tell you what, that three word thing is harder than it looks.

Bate - continues improved form

Bell - not AFL standard

Bruce - pretty good game

Davey - All Australian smokey

Dunn - had an impact

Frawley - future superstar backman

Green - delivered yet again

Grimes - continues to impress

Jamar - rising like phoenix

Jetta - best game yet

Jones - showed new tricks

Jurrah - WORDS CANT DESCRIBE

Martin - kicking needs rectifying

McDonald - not really noticed

McLean - kicking was delightful

Moloney - exhilarating and powerful

Morton - underrated game today

Petterd - coming on strong

Rivers - lead from front

Robertson - on last legs

Warnock - rock down back

Wheatley - awful skill errors

Bell: Goodbye Ding dong.

DD Bell has been playing midfield for Casey and has had 2 or 3 BOG's in a row. Suddenly he gets selected and lines up on Robbie Gray and Ebert in the seniors as Bailey clearly thought we didn't have the players in the seniors to shut them down. Neither of the two players mentioned had an impact. Bell made one kicking error.

Nice three word analysis. More accurate would have been "effective defensive effort".

Bate - constantly provides opportunities

Bell - likeable but delistable

Bruce - workman like effort

Davey - skillful but inconsistent

Dunn - good comeback game

Frawley - excellent defensive worker

Green - solid not spectacular

Grimes - composed skillful driven

Jamar - the midfield's rock

Jetta - best game yet

Jones - begining to mature

Jurrah - Jack who?

Martin - skill drills Stef....

McDonald - uninspiring captain

McLean - so damn slow

Moloney - prolific all day

Morton - hot & cold

Petterd - great football brain

Rivers - beat his opponent

Robertson - must display leadership

Warnock - smashed Tredrea today

Wheatley - the missing piece?

I been saving more than three words for this clown all day, most of them had four letters in them. Stuart Wenn - His non-decision in the 2nd quarter was the WORST piece of umpiring I have ever seen! He was 10 metres away from the play yet didn't have the desicion making capacity to call the free kicks (both of them). Watch his performance throughout the whole day and it is screamingly obvious that he put alot of money on Port Adelaide. He should never again be allowed to grace an AFL field in any official capacity. Umpire Sully was so embarrassed about the Rodan incident, he made up a free kick from the next ball up!

Joeboy, you were extremely harsh on Bate. I thought he played an important part in a fair few of the goals we kicked. He worked hard, presented well and provided ample opportunities for our forwards and he did it all day.

Morton - underrated game today

Agreed.

Thought today was one of his better games for the year, even more so after watching the replay.

He used it well, ran extremely hard to the right spots, took one very good strong mark, and had a spoil today where he then pounced on the ball and delivered it forward to a goal, which was all class.

Still has star written all over him for mine.

Agreed.

Thought today was one of his better games for the year, even more so after watching the replay.

He used it well, ran extremely hard to the right spots, took one very good strong mark, and had a spoil today where he then pounced on the ball and delivered it forward to a goal, which was all class.

Still has star written all over him for mine.

Fully agree. This kid will be an out and out champion. Love his composure for one so young and inexperienced. Off his back folks.

Morton will perhaps be an insight to what type of a coach Bailey is.Blind Freddy can see he is not just timid but scared.Putting him down to a lower level of Football may ruin him.They are men there and to me Morton would be a worry at Amateur level(courage wise).His skill and decision making with the ball is unquestioned,amazing considering his obvious deficiency.

To put him into the 2's will

1.he will continue with bad habits as he continues to conquer with a football brain(though in a weaker comp)

2.he gets dropped,the reason obvious to every one in and outside of melbourne,his confidence drops and we start to chip away at his strengths.

Courage is innate as a kicking style,though this does not mean it cannot be tuned.If i was Bailey i would leave him int the ones,let him play spare man,talk to him and tell him they will work on it off season.

At the moment getting cale morton tougher will be,dont you worry ,one of baileys main objectives.With some weights and some punishment at the hands of teammates in intra matches Mr Bean might get to be a little closer to Brendan Goddard.

Bruce - pretty good game

Ye Gods.

Who are you?

DD Bell has been playing midfield for Casey and has had 2 or 3 BOG's in a row. Suddenly he gets selected and lines up on Robbie Gray and Ebert in the seniors as Bailey clearly thought we didn't have the players in the seniors to shut them down. Neither of the two players mentioned had an impact. Bell made one kicking error.

Nice three word analysis. More accurate would have been "effective defensive effort".

Hey now... Don't get me started on Bell. Next to Jaded I think I may have defended him more than just about anyone. I really like him, but I'm conscious of the fact up to six players need to vacate spots to make way for this years influx. I never said he didn't do anything with the time that he had on the ground, but he was always going to need every one of the last 8 rounds to get his reputation back. Now that he's out ofr a number of weeks and will likely have to wofrk his way back into the side when he's healed up, I just reckon he might be in trouble. Yes he's listed for 2010, but he can still be traded right? The club may throw him into a deal for peanuts just to free up a spot. Like I said, I like him, but I think I'm in a minority, to say the least. Just calling it how I see it.

Besides, how could you say "effective defensive effort" when he sat out a large chunk of the game in a sling?

Hey now... Don't get me started on Bell. Next to Jaded I think I may have defended him more than just about anyone. I really like him,

If you support him but though the injury may threaten his career how about "injury threatens career"? Or is that a bit hard and you thought "Goodbye Ding Dong" was a really clever play on words?? If the answer is "yes" then you missed the mark, you just sounded like one of the nuff nuff's and totally disrepectful to a kid who has done nothing but give his all over the journey.

Bell went off in the last minutes of the third having had 7 possessions in that quarter. So lets not wriggle out of it on a technicality eh DD, he had 60% game time which was only 10 - 15% less than players like Jurrah, Morton, Jamar and Moloney, easily enough to evaluate his performance.

Bate - becoming an important player. Another good game.

Bell - injury will end career. Will get cut.

Bruce - Outstanding today.

Davey - A heavy tag and well beaten by K. Cornes. However still showed class.

Dunn - Was very impressive. A break out game?

Frawley - continues good form.

Green - Another great game. Please make him captain 2010.

Grimes - quieter today, but continues to impress

Jamar - A genuine ruckman. Impressive around the ground. I never thought I would see this day.

Jetta - A poor mans Davey. Needs to improve disposal. Defensive pressure A grade.

Jones - quite but couragous

Jurrah - Its only the begining. Big things to come. Can't wait to see this guy after a pre-season.

Martin - continues utility apprenticeship with style, but not error free.

McDonald - a fair day at the office, but the sun has almost set.

McLean - Enjoys the slower pace against bottom teams. Was very good.

Moloney - exhilarating and powerful. Continues his great season. Mid season form lapse over.

Morton - An exciting return to form. A big summer in the gym beakons.

Petterd - by far hs best game yet. A break out game?

Rivers - Rivers of old. Rivers of GOLD!

Robertson - continued to take best defender, sometimes had two on him, allowing Jurrah to excell.

Warnock - Simply outstanding. Gave Tredrea a touching up.

Wheatley - Thought he was good. Still playing for his career. Still in the mix. Some unforced errors.

you just sounded like one of the nuff nuff's and totally disrepectful to a kid who has done nothing but give his all over the journey.

Have to agree with you Fan.

For one, he is contracted so he can't go anywhere unless we trade him. That seems unlikely, but if he does go elsewhere I really hope he goes on to have a successful career!

I was devastated for him yesterday, because this guy has consistently done the team thing and put his body on the line. He was seriously injured in 2007 when Ben Johnson took him out when he had his head over the ball, and IMO has never truly been able to regain that great form.

Hope he makes a quick recovery!

Agreed that Moloney played well, but a coupla poor handballs from him were really damaging.

One landed at a teammate's feet and the other missed the target. Pretty sure the first cost a goal. Minor point, but to get to next level (which I think he can), precise disposal required.