Team Changes v Port Adelaide

Here are my selections!

Out:

Sylvia: Suspended - a blessing in disguise. Sylvia can keep his groins rested because Sylvia without OP is suddenly a top 50 (in AFL) player. We want him in this form next year when a win is a win and a loss is what it should be........ a loss. Happy to have him off the field for this danger game against Port (danger of winning).

Morton: Has played every game of the season but seems to have gone off the boil. Needs to go back to Casey and get his hands on the ball a bit more. I have no doubt that Morton will develop into an "A" list player, but right now he needs to go back to Casey and find some touch.

In:

Dunn: The natural replacement for Sylvia and should be given a similar role. Needs to take on the game in the same way as does for Casey. If he does he will save his career, if he does not he is in serious trouble come years end. I actually think he will suprise to the upside.

Watts: No reason not to play him. The club is looking to get 8 - 10 games under his belt this season (quote from Connolly). School holidays, at the MCG and Watts will be well rested after being ill last weekend. We must continue to invest in Watts.

Out- Colin Sylvia, Neville Jetta ,

In, Dunn, Watts

People calling for Jetta to be dropped need to have another look at the WCE game. His pressure in the forward line was fantastic and he also set up a couple of goals. He is just what we need without Wonna and Davey playing further up the ground, leave him to play for the rest of the year!!!

OUT - Sylvia

IN - Watts

Out- Colin Sylvia, Neville Jetta ,

In, Dunn, Watts

The game isn't all about racking up stats.

Jetta had 7 touches, 3 assists, and 6 tackles.

He did his job very well, infact, it was probably his best game.

He stays.

Watts should not play until the run off three games against Richmond, North Melbourne and Fremantle. If he plays this week we then have Geelong in Geelong and Sydney in Canberra, give him a spell at Casey until Richmond.

This week 1 change

Out Sylvia

In Bell

Give Bell three games to try and stay on our list.

Out Sylvia (suspended), Morton (season has taken its toll on him physically and mentally)

In Dunn (obvious Syvlia replacement), Bell (not much else and 2 BOGs says enough)

I am not a fan of Jetta but the weekend was the first time his performance made me think he could be a useful player. Definitely deserves another game.

After last week's effort from everyone, the only reasons to drop a player would be suspension (obviously Sylvia) or to rest them.

Resting looks like it could only really apply to Morton and Jurrah.

Personally I'd like to see Jurrah keep going, he doesn't seem to be slowing at all, to me.

Morton I love, but psychologically if he would understand that he is only being rested rather than 'cut', then I think a week or two at Casey might help him refocus.

Bell is someone I always want to see come good. Something about him always seem right, even when he's doing things that seem so wrong.

Dunn deserves a shot. Half forward, negating.

If Jurrah gets rested then I'd have Newton come in to see if he can get a few positives out of the season.

If Morton is going to be "rested", then he should actually be rested.

Being sent back to the VFL to play on wet suburban grounds is not being rested. I'd leave him in the side.

Sylvia for Dunn is the only change I'd make. Pretty clear from DB's comments on the Melbourne site that Watts won't be playing firsts this week.

Why would you rest Jurrah!...bizzare... he's only played 3 games for gods sake..

There's only 8 games left and he and all the other kids need to play every game. They have to be fast tracked...

Don't give me this tiredness rubbish as a excuse to rest players when they havn't even played many games, especially forwards who get a rest during the game anyway.

Out Silvia

In Watts

Bell is someone I always want to see come good. Something about him always seem right, even when he's doing things that seem so wrong.

Dunn deserves a shot. Half forward, negating.

If Jurrah gets rested then I'd have Newton come in to see if he can get a few positives out of the season.

Bell won't come good. He's had numerous chances but again and again he has shown lack of vision, awareness and his apparent 'good' skills continually let him down.

Leave him at VFL level, where he belongs.

You can't make too many changes to a winning side. You have to reward the players for a victory.

Therefore only the one forced change with Sylvia out and, please please please Watts in.

Nobody currently playing for Casey is inspiring and while Watts is still on holidays, it is important that we play him. Especially against lesser opposition.

You can't make too many changes to a winning side. You have to reward the players for a victory.

Therefore only the one forced change with Sylvia out and, please please please Watts in.

Nobody currently playing for Casey is inspiring ........

"The coach said while Jack Watts would be discussed at the selection table, he said other senior players were perhaps more likely to push for inclusion against the Power."

HERE

IN: DUNN

OUT: SYLVIA (suspension)

Edited by High Tower

Bell, Batram, Miller and Dunn I feel are playing for their careers and therefore deserve a place in the team in the final rounds.

We need Miller until such time as Watts is ready to hold down the main KPF spot and thus he isn't playing for his career.

Dunn will have another year yet. Does deserve a chance however.

I've been a long time supporter of Bell's, and Newton's for that matter. I'm very concerned about both players' place on the list, and for that reason I reckon they'll both be played for a few more games this season. For two reasons... one, we're tanking and have nothing to lose. Two, they're older and more mature in their bodies than many out there and so would be the natural changes...

Bell's the only one screaming out for a recall. So I think he has to come in this week, with Dunn. Newton in the coming weeks. Other than that, I don't really care. We're fresh out of matchwinners...

<_<

I'm talking in the next two years.

Dream on. The bloke is definately playing for his career at Melbourne. He is the most brain dead and untalented forward in the comp. We shouldn't be even giving him a chance to get back into the team he is a list clogger. The sooner he gets traded the better.

Yes we need Miller in as we can't afford to win this one.

Yup.

Bring in PJ, Bell and Newton as well.

Yes we need Miller in as we can't afford to win this one.

Don't you mean Newton.

If we get to 4 wins before round 22, I would bring Newton in to ensure we don't get that 5th win. We could play him FF, make sure we always kick it to him and then wait for his trusty right boot to kick us point after point from set shots inside 35m or simply watch the ball effortlessly rebounded from lack of forward pressure. These simple misses and easy rebounds will create a negative psyche that will drift through the team, further weakening the side. The Demons of 2009 are only good enough to win when they take their opportunities. Newton is certain to waist our scoring opportunities and therefore this one move would be enough to ensure a loss. At least we know Newton is good for not taking his/our opportunities.

At seasons end I would payout Newton’s contract. No point in keeping him on the list at the cost of a young player with potential. Paying him out would also reward Newton for failing for us (ensuring PP in the draft) and also reward supporters who will no longer have to painfully watch him (especially the ones who also watch Casey). Most importantly paying Newton out would be doing a favour to the man himself. He would never need to embarrass himself on National TV again and at the same time still paid (for one year).

If we do this all involved could end up a winner from what appears to be a no win situation.