• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Strauss and Maric

Bay Riffin

This is devastating

shoulder injuries are one the worst injurys a player can get , been through it myself even with full rehab the shoulder is never the same again and re occurance in highly likely ,guess the positive is they are not KPP marking players

I wish them all the best and hope they come back as good as ever , we can't take a trick with our injuries Wona, Buckley, Garland, Blease now these 2 all with serious injuries

Blease - Broken leg

Strauss - Shoulder reco

Maric - Shoulder reco

Garland - Season ending foot injury

:(

That's bad news, all of these injuries could threaten their careers, terrible luck for our kids.

That's bad news, all of these injuries could threaten their careers, terrible luck for our kids.

Let's not get carried away.

Both Blease and Garland will start running soon and are on track for a full recovery.

Maric and Strauss were pushed into surgery early to fix up the shoulder and get them right for next year. Maric played on with a sore shoulder, as did Strauss (he didn't even look injured, so maybe he did it at training?), so clearly the injury wasn't career threatening.

Our [censored] luck with injuries continues, but let's not slit our wrists just yet.

The only injury that could be career ending is Garland's, but we discovered it early and have taken every precaution, so he should be right to go next year.

If ever there is a time to get injured, this year is it.

I think that Strauss did his shoulder early in preseason as well. Maric had little preseason this year, get it done now and he should be right to do most training by October. Wait until September to do this he wouldn't even be running when preseason starts.

Take it from me, as an expert on shoulder injuries..

They very rarely operate on shoulders that dislocate once or twice because even after 2 times there is still only a 20% chance it will come out again.

The third time this figure goes up to about 35-40% and that is the best time to operate. An operation should take the percentage of re-injury to 5%.

I'm currently through to week 7 of a 6 month recovery period, so ask me any questions re: shoulders if you have any questions ;)

They very rarely operate on shoulders that dislocate once or twice because even after 2 times there is still only a 20% chance it will come out again.

The third time this figure goes up to about 35-40% and that is the best time to operate. An operation should take the percentage of re-injury to 5%.

I'm currently through to week 7 of a 6 month recovery period, so ask me any questions re: shoulders if you have any questions ;)

Is a should reco always a bad thing, or can itbe down graded or is there a minor version just to fix things up a bit.

I hate the sounds of Reco!!

Spoke to Adds on sat. Having a shoulder reco which he injured playing 4 casey last week. Yes it is his second reco but the good news is that it is to the opposite shoulder to that he reco'd as an 18yr old. Should be ready for pre-season which is good news.

Spoke to Adds on sat. Having a shoulder reco which he injured playing 4 casey last week. Yes it is his second reco but the good news is that it is to the opposite shoulder to that he reco'd as an 18yr old. Should be ready for pre-season which is good news.

I take it you mean Maric?

Anyone know about Strauss?

Why do human beings have two shoulders?

H.B.K., I assume you mean that if the shoulder is allowed to dislocate a 4th or 5th time or more, the op is less successful. So maybe this is what's been done with Maric & Strauss, who are certainly both part of the club's future plans. They've had a few dislocations, so the club's not messing around but has stepped in decisively and got it done relatively early. Would this be right?

I'd imagine the good Lord didn't design shoulders to be hit against other shoulders with serious force from all angles, or for them to be rammed into the ground when arms are pinned.

H.B.K., I assume yours (and probably Maric's & Strauss's) were anterior dislocations?

Wow. Didn't see this coming. Would have liked to see some more footy from both.

Our starting 22 next year is going to look nothing like our starting 22 now. Even moreso the 22 st the start of 2011 is going to look like a different club's!

Yes it is disappointing with Maric and Strauss both out and Bleese too....but 3 of our later draft picks this year have shown plenty.

Bennell - so silky with the ball

Jetta - plays his role and does the team things. Doesn't look out of place in the 1's.

Jurrah - Don't need to say anything

Maybe with Maric, Strauss & Bleese out it may give Bail a chance to debut. If strauss and Bleese turn out to be players....which is more likely than the other boys (when they were drafted) then last years draft would have to be one of our more successful in recent times.

You can also add Watts to that list.

Potentally 6, 10 year plus players out of 1 draft.

Is a should reco always a bad thing, or can itbe down graded or is there a minor version just to fix things up a bit.

I hate the sounds of Reco!!

Nah a reco is a reco, there is no minor versions :( But there should also be no overlying problem in the future. Maric sounds like he suffers from hypermobile shoulders, which basically means they are a bit weaker than a normal persons. But an operation should fix this up..

H.B.K., I assume you mean that if the shoulder is allowed to dislocate a 4th or 5th time or more, the op is less successful. So maybe this is what's been done with Maric & Strauss, who are certainly both part of the club's future plans. They've had a few dislocations, so the club's not messing around but has stepped in decisively and got it done relatively early. Would this be right?

I'd imagine the good Lord didn't design shoulders to be hit against other shoulders with serious force from all angles, or for them to be rammed into the ground when arms are pinned.

H.B.K., I assume yours (and probably Maric's & Strauss's) were anterior dislocations?

The operation is still successful, but once you get to that stage, there are more chances for complications.. I would imagine that the club would be on top of it early and would've got it fixed earlier. As opposed to Jason Porplyzia last year who dislocated probably 9 times...

Just got back from training. Spoke with Adam M who said that he will be operated on next week. Hurt the shoulder a couple of weeks ago playing for Casey. Didn't seem too concerned and can't wait to start playing again. Strauss was operated on this week.

Guns, both of them.

Did anyone see the table in today's Age showing the number of games missed for each time by players in the top 10 of their B&F last year? This is a good way of comparing the extent of each club's injuries to key players.

Despite much howling by some clubs (Hawthorn, Collingwood, Adelaide etc etc etc) about injuries to key players, they're well down the list. On top with 36 games lost each are Essendon and, yes, Melbourne.

Just got back from training. Spoke with Adam M who said that he will be operated on next week. Hurt the shoulder a couple of weeks ago playing for Casey. Didn't seem too concerned and can't wait to start playing again. Strauss was operated on this week.

So am I to understand he WILL play again this season??

Does anybody know how garlands rehab is going? will he be ready for pre-season or do we have a luke egan on our hands?

Walked past Garlo at the U18 Championships last week. Didn't get a chance to speak to him, so i can't really comment on how his rehab is going, but i did notice that he's still wearing a moon-boot on his injured foot.

I'm not really in the know regarding rehabilitation for stress fractures, would anyone who might be better informed have any idea when that moon-boot would be/is due to come off? Considering he had surgery on it after round 1, some 13 or so weeks ago, am i right in assuming it would be soon?

Edited by Doggo