Rivers and Robbo

Apart from all everyone playing like a team today and the Dee's of old - wasn't it great to see Rivers and Robbo star like they used to - don't want to be negative after a fantastic game, but why can't we play like this more often - with passion?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Watts=Saviour

Best game from Rivers I've seen in a long time, and I'm ashamed to say I'd given up on Robbo. Very pleased he proved me wrong.

it was great.. flashes of the robbo of old that we used to love.. still flies at everything.. but at least he was pulling most of them off today!

rivers was great!!

Apart from all everyone playing like a team today and the Dee's of old - wasn't it great to see Rivers and Robbo star like they used to - don't want to be negative after a fantastic game, but why can't we play like this more often - with passion?

I must admit I did not think Rivers was as great as people had said he was. I had never seen him un-injured and play like that he changed my opinion of him in one game I hope both of these guys play the rest of the year out like they did today.

Are we talking about the same Rivers who turned the ball over 4 times in 5 minutes in the last qtr. Did Rivers play on Kennedy in the second half?

Are we talking about the same Rivers who turned the ball over 4 times in 5 minutes in the last qtr. Did Rivers play on Kennedy in the second half?

His kicking today made me want to pull my hair out.

I love love love Jared Rivers, and was pleased to see him return to his best marking days today, but he has got to find his kicking boots again, or just go by hand.

Rivers and Warnock and Wheatley (wtf?) all had their encounters with Kennedy today.

From memory Kennedy kicked two goals on Warnock, one on Rivers and one on Grimes?

Just wish Robbo would lead instaead of Jumping. Cost us two goals.

Rivers : Courage ,never doubted it !!!

No question that the amount of defensive pressure in midfield really helped all the defenders. Gave them at least a 50-50 chance I reckon. When the opposition midfield is streaming towards you under no pressure whatsoever, it can make any defence look stupid and incompetent (e.g. reigning premiers tonite).

Something I especially liked about Rivers was the number of times he got back to be the third man in one-on-one contests.

They were both very good today as individuals, but it was the team things that really floated my boat (never thought I'd say that about Robbo!) and that goes for the whole team.

did you like Robbo's YELLOW boots... they were for cancer awareness. / a great gesture for Jimma .

Rivers was great. As was our entire back half. Frawley, Warnock. Great games. I can't say the same for Robbo though. A few more selfish efforts from him.

The majority of the side was fantastic though. Some skills errors, but they're to be expected. The young kids in particular were just brilliantly exciting to watch. When Jurrah runs at a pack he's more exciting than anything I've seen for a long time. Jetta's tackling and defensive pressure was fantastic all day as well. Bennell played an extremely encouraging game as well. Not all of his disposals were 100% effective, but he seemed to cover a lot more ground than usual and it almost seemed as though he felt he belonged today. Then Jackie Grimes. Wow, what a game he played. Another draft of more young talent and in three or four years we'll definitely be contenders.

Rivers had some clangers.

Who gives a flying frenchman when he goes back with the flight and does the kind of things that we, as supporters, take for granted.

Who here doesn't know the feeling of holding your breath as you look upon the MCG as an opponent kicks an up and under toward the square and you see Jared Rivers, with eyes unwavering, look at the football he is about to mark or spoil?

Robbo was Robbo.

His bad habits would only be eradicated by brave selection many years ago. Today we take the great with the awful, and hope that the same bad habits don't get transferred to a young Liam Jurrah.

Great game never-the-less.

Like Bailey said

Can they back it up again next week ?

Good players do

Rivers i was happy about as i was really starting to wonder if he was worthy of his spot

Robbo isnt a team player and IMO never has been

Hope he retires at seasons end

Like Bailey said

Can they back it up again next week ?

Good players do

Rivers i was happy about as i was really starting to wonder if he was worthy of his spot

Robbo isnt a team player and IMO never has been

Hope he retires at seasons end

He might be moved on to progress the list, but I am sure you cheered loudly as he sealed the game today as he has so many games for the club we all love.

Robbo is, and always will be, a great player for this club. Even with his excesses, sometimes because of them...

Show some respect.

Guest Watts=Saviour
He might be moved on to progress the list, but I am sure you cheered loudly as he sealed the game today as he has so many games for the club we all love.

Robbo is, and always will be, a great player for this club. Even with his excesses, sometimes because of them...

Show some respect.

I agree, but I think he'd be wise to retire at the end of this season, instead of being dropped half way through 2010 and not getting another game.

Show some respect.

I didn't actually (clap that is). I realised today how much I dislike Robbo. I love my club, but we've put up with his attitude for long enough. He spoke well at the end of the game though.

I agree, but I think he'd be wise to retire at the end of this season, instead of being dropped half way through 2010 and not getting another game.

I get the feeling, as long as he keeps kicking bags of 3 or 4, he'll stay on the list.

What is this attitude your talking about, robbo loves the club and plays for the club!

Im not arguing about this again as i dont want to bring negativity out of a great possitive day, i love robbo and am very greatfull for things his done for the club!

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Rivers is a self sacrificing gun. Robbo has let me down in the last couple of weeks but today (yesterday) was a great day for him. More of the same next week, fellas.

Exactly.

You can play off your man as much as you like, and in so doing take as many marks as possible (which generally are good marks). But when so many of your disposals are then turnovers where does it help the team? You've played off your man to take a mark that we questionably would've won anyway to then turn the ball over.

Oh my god, Jack Grimes

The most pleasing was Robbo's 2nd, 3rd efforts and when he did fall over he got up quickly and got either into a dangerous position or manned up.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ... oh wait you were serious :huh:

I thought both had fairly mixed games but where pretty good all up.

Robbo really did look a lot like the Robbo we love, and did the things we love to see him doing.

Rivers, much the same sentiment. The kicking was a big let down a few times, though. But, the Jared Rivers 'game' was back at least.

Jack Grimes.