R-15 SUNDAY, JULY 12 Melbourne v Port Adelaide MCG - Home > Win

R-16 SATDAY, JULY 18 Geelong v Melbourne SS Away - > Loss

R-17 SUNDAY, JULY 26 Melbourne v Sydney MO Away - > Loss

R-18 SUNDAY, AUGUST 2 Melbourne v Richmond MCG - Home > Loss

R-19 SUNDAY, AUGUST 9 North Melbourne v Melbourne TD Away - > Loss

R-20 SUNDAY, AUGUST 16 Melbourne v Fremantle MCG - Home > Win

R-21 SATDAY, AUGUST 22 Carlton v Melbourne TD Away - > Loss

R-22 SUNDAY, AUGUST 30 Melbourne v St Kilda MCG - Home > Loss

This is the outcome I hope for from our remaining games.

Drafting a future plan.

I'm hoping for a win next week (because one of my mates goes for the Coasters!), Fremantle and Carlton (mainly because in our good years we kept losing to them despite them being on the bottom).

I don't know why anyone wouldn't hope for 3 more wins, get as much pleasure as you can!

yeah i hope we get 4 wins! would love it to be against carlton in round 21!

More likely to be richmond though.

If we lose next week, we will definatley finish bottom of the ladder regardless. Richmond will win another game.

I'm hoping for a win next week (because one of my mates goes for the Coasters!), Fremantle and Carlton (mainly because in our good years we kept losing to them despite them being on the bottom).

I don't know why anyone wouldn't hope for 3 more wins, get as much pleasure as you can!

I'm not a gambler, & I don't wish to tempt the fate gods for my short term pleasure, & put at risk all the hard endured pain, just to see it all go up in a puff of smoke @ the hands of Miss Fortune.

We could lose the extra pick in the blink of an eye.

I'm not a gambler, & I don't wish to tempt the fate gods for my short term pleasure, & put at risk all the hard endured pain, just to see it all go up in a puff of smoke @ the hands of Miss Fortune.

We could lose the extra pick in the blink of an eye.

It would take a massive turn of fortune for us to win 4 more games this year, considering the garbage we've served up in the last 3 weeks. I'll go on the record and say there's NO WAY we'll win 5 this year. Hell, i don't think we'll even win 4.

Eagles beat us next week and it's pick 1 & 2 signed sealed and delivered!

The Eagles players probably feel like they could win another few games for the rest of this year after beating the Hawks, and they've got the home games in the run home to do it. Winning last night basically tells me that the priority pick is not of huge priority to them anymore. Winning 3 or 4 more games and finishing with 7 or 8 wins this year looks more likely to be their goal now. Even if we beat them at the 'G (which i don't think we will).

Relax dee-luded man, it's in the bag! ;)

It would take a massive turn of fortune for us to win 4 more games this year, considering the garbage we've served up in the last 3 weeks. I'll go on the record and say there's NO WAY we'll win 5 this year. Hell, i don't think we'll even win 4.

Eagles beat us next week and it's pick 1 & 2 signed sealed and delivered!

The Eagles players probably feel like they could win another few games for the rest of this year after beating the Hawks, and they've got the home games in the run home to do it. Winning last night basically tells me that the priority pick is not of huge priority to them anymore. Winning 3 or 4 more games and finishing with 7 or 8 wins this year looks more likely to be their goal now. Even if we beat them at the 'G (which i don't think we will).

Relax dee-luded man, it's in the bag! ;)

Thats right, a loss next week is the best, bad tasting medicine we can have. After that we can fly.

The fewer priority picks dished out the better for us.

PS: I think we all want the same thing, fairly certain. But it doesn't come for free, it costs & it hurts, but the hurt is nothing compared to the hurt of being the kicking bag of the competition for a cumulative 4 & 1/2 decades.

This AFL competition is not going to allow us, to get to the top, we have to take every opportunity that presents us a chance.

The scary thing is we have a chance against West Coast, Port, North, Richmond and Fremantle. We go from playing basically top 8 teams for the past 13 weeks to have a draw that sees us play the bottom 5 teams(above us). We have only played four teams curently outside the 8 with one being Hawthorn.

This is a fixture loaded with 120m par 3's in the last 9 games.

From Rd 5 to Rd 13 we have played Adel, Geel, WCE (Subi), WB, Haw, St K, Coll, Ess, and BL (Gabba).

The top 8 IMO with the Coasters in Perth. 9 games that we showed the good, bad, and ugly of the MFC in 2009.

Now in the following 9 we play WCE, PA, Rich, Freo at the G, and NM at the worst stadium in the world.

We will see in those games where we are compared to our immediate contemporaries.

Hopefully we have 3 good wins out of those 5 and that's all...

I read through too much bullsh!t (especially over the last month) on this forum not to get Picks 1 & 2 now.

To be honest we could possibly lose the rest of the matches we play. They look uninspired and non-interested. We need Davey to play half forward and or Aussie to come back. Serious problems at our club. It's one thing to give away the ball needlessly, its another to lack intensity and passion. Don't think we have to worry about losing priority. And next year could be another downer if those middle tier players don't step up (Bartram, Dunn, Bate, Petterd, Jones, Johnson etc)

Im thinking the same. Other teams that were struggling and rebuilding have at least got a few wins here and there and play with some passion. The distance between us and west coast/richmond is growing. People pencil in port adelaide as a game we will win???? They will smash us.

To be honest we could possibly lose the rest of the matches we play. They look uninspired and non-interested. We need Davey to play half forward and or Aussie to come back. Serious problems at our club. It's one thing to give away the ball needlessly, its another to lack intensity and passion. Don't think we have to worry about losing priority. And next year could be another downer if those middle tier players don't step up (Bartram, Dunn, Bate, Petterd, Jones, Johnson etc)

I agree Jack. After Sat. game we will struggle to win another game. So don't worry about losing the draft picks. Even Fremantle away will beat us unless some of our players get some of the passion back that they showed earlier in the season. Play for each other and the club and US.

Unfortunately, unless the boys can identify during the week how to lift their intesity and work for one another like they were earlier in the season, they'll continue to be a long way from gaining 4 points. Ironically, West Coast of all teams showed what can be achieved if you do this.