The Tanking Begins!

Don24

Richmond have made 5 changes dropping senior players for kids....

Out: Joel Bowden, Troy Simmonds, Mark Coughlan, Jordan McMahon, Kayne Pettifer

IN: Vickery, Edwards, Nahas, Graham, Hislop

they are now clearly our biggest threat for finishing bottom

I wouldn't be surprised if they come out and beat the Eagles. Someone has to win. :P

Richmond don't need to tank, they are truly shithouse. In fact I think the changes make them a better side. Whatever happens, we'll still get picks ! and 3 at worst. In 5 years we'll be in the finals and They'll be 9th, so all's good

You could also argue that some of those players shouldn't be in their best side anyway.

There's some interesting decisions to be made at Richmond at the end of the year with players such as Richo, Bowden, Brown, Pettifer, McMahon, Polak, King, Schulz, Tambling and Oakley-Nicholls

You could also argue that some of those players shouldn't be in their best side anyway.

There's some interesting decisions to be made at Richmond at the end of the year with players such as Richo, Bowden, Brown, Pettifer, McMahon, Polak, King, Schulz, Tambling and Oakley-Nicholls

A coach with balls would show all of that list the door and watch as the ferals pull the club down. Cries of "Not Richo" would reverberate around Richmond. Why would the president comment on Richo, they have along way to go.

I'd call it tanking if they hadn't have dropped 3 rubbish player, one over the hill player and one player who has had a career crippled by injury (is he injured again?)

Gets back to the problem that we don't even have a foundation. Picks 1 and 2 or 1 and 3 will make absolutely no difference to MFC in the long term.

Are you telling me that Scully and Butcher/Other young star will make no long term difference to MFC. How can that be the case?

unlike Robbo, richo has a presence. But a cull of the rest makes sense.

The only two of the older Richmond players I'd keep would be Richo (Marquee Player) & Ben Cousins to help keep their mids at least able to compete, after the clean out, begins.

That's what I thought. Credit to Rawlings for doing the right thing bu the club. Maybe we should offer him an assistant role if he deliberately wins against us? Wouldn't be the first time... :)

I'm am seriously hoping his youthful exuberance nets them the 3 wins though. I know the Vickery in is a long way from tanking. This kid was my number 2 pick last year. Going to be AA regularly someday.

In 5 years we may have found J Brown, M Voss, G Ablett, L Hodge, D Hille types,

:D :D :D LOL at the last one... "One of these names is not like the others...

Gets back to the problem that we don't even have a foundation. Picks 1 and 2 or 1 and 3 will make absolutely no difference to MFC in the long term.

We don't? Have you looked at our list at the moment? Chock full of youth. I'm sceptical about whether or not the rebuild will be complete too, but you couldn't say for sure yet whether we've done enough...

These changes can only improve that [censored] side. Jade Rawlings is coaching for his life, The last thing on his mind is draft picks.

Richmond tanking - I don't think so! They are likely to get pick 2,3 or 4.

You wouldn't tank for a second round priority pick in a shallow draft and you certainly wouldn't tank for next year when I assume - no matter how rubbish you are, you still get diddly squat with a priority pick (given the GC draft grab).

West Coast is more of a worry with the chance at 2 picks from 1-4.

For those of us who detest Richmond, there is more good news - Danny Myer - late first or early 2nd round draft pick by the toigs and delisted - will make his debut for Port Adelaide this weekend. Much like David Rodan! All the best to Danny - I love it!

Good luck Adam Thompson

These changes can only improve that [censored] side. Jade Rawlings is coaching for his life, The last thing on his mind is draft picks.

Ive been to nearly all Coburg home games this year. I can confidently say that Vickery is not even close to ready.

I applaud him for blooding the kids, but I reckon draft picks would be to far from the minds of the board.

Ive been to nearly all Coburg home games this year. I can confidently say that Vickery is not even close to ready.

I applaud him for blooding the kids, but I reckon draft picks would be to far from the minds of the board.

Too far or not too far from the boards minds ??

In 5 years we may have found J Brown, M Voss, G Ablett, L Hodge, D Hille types, to be the backbone (not spine) of a club who may have missed the boat on gaining further draft picks, due to the GC and West Sydney situation, to ensure success in the 8-10 year timeframe. Maybe!

:lol:

I'd call it tanking if they hadn't have dropped 3 rubbish player, one over the hill player and one player who has had a career crippled by injury (is he injured again?)

Exactly. I would fall in love with Bailey if he done the same thing. Some people think dropping old players is tanking, for Richmond and Melbourne not dropping our experienced players is tanking.

I think this may help the Tiges this week. They have dropped some absolute rubbish and brought in some run.

What we really need is for Brown and Richo to announce their retirements before the end of the season so their teammates fire up to get them a win.

The problem I have with this part of your post is your failure to identify any form of foundation the melbourne football club has in place. May i suggest you read the thread created by Dappa Dan with regard to 'sound foundation' or have a look at our backline which is taking shape.

You can call anyone what you like but you are not making sense. Remember you used the word long term, in 5 or so years time those picks will be our foundation along with Watts, Morton, Grimes etc. How can they make no difference to the MFC in the long term?