Robbo, Petterd OUT Jamar, Bell IN

Mousey

Wonder if Robbo is injured or its because of his play on blunder?

Saw him on fox sports news last night and seemed real keen to play this weekend...interesting stuff.

Big Stef Martin will be the number 1 target up forward this week me thinks... which im excited about

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally doubt Robbo will be out.....

If he is they will say because of injury but all week Bailey has said that Robbo is a senior player, who made a blunder, Robbo himself knows it was a mistake. There has been no anger even remotely hinted towards Robbo for the mistake.

Don't be fooled.

The Demology writer is just making an educated guess. I suspect he will have egg on his face in about 2 and a half hours.

I doubt the MFC have even decided on the team yet.

Deegirl would probably take offence at that.

She is often right about these things, we will see.

And I hope they have chosen the team by now...

Otherwise, what the hell have they been doing the last few days, thinking about their holiday plans for September?

Wonder if Robbo is injured or its because of his play on blunder?

Saw him on fox sports news last night and seemed real keen to play this weekend...interesting stuff.

Big Stef Martin will be the number 1 target up forward this week me thinks... which im excited about

Robbo is not injured.

Robbo is not injured.

If this is true and DeeGirl seems to always be on the money then I think Bailey's got it spot on. Robertson's finished so why play him. As for Bell, well he's got a couple of weeks to resurrect a stalled career, I wish him all the best. When Bell plays well he adds to the team, his hardness and tackling are going to be needed against the Saints. Jamar was always going to be in when fit, it keeps Martin away from the ruck which is good for everyone. Good team selection. In the next few weeks bring in Watts and Strauss and we're away!!

If this is true and DeeGirl seems to always be on the money then I think Bailey's got it spot on. Robertson's finished so why play him. As for Bell, well he's got a couple of weeks to resurrect a stalled career, I wish him all the best. When Bell plays well he adds to the team, his hardness and tackling are going to be needed against the Saints. Jamar was always going to be in when fit, it keeps Martin away from the ruck which is good for everyone. Good team selection. In the next few weeks bring in Watts and Strauss and we're away!!

Spot on

The Demology writer is just making an educated guess. I suspect he will have egg on his face in about 2 and a half hours.

I doubt the MFC have even decided on the team yet.

It's a she.

Deegirl would probably take offence at that.

She is often right about these things, we will see.

And I hope they have chosen the team by now...

Otherwise, what the hell have they been doing the last few days, thinking about their holiday plans for September?

You beat me to it. ;)

I agree. I thought T Mac might of got a go this week, just a sneaking suspicion that's all. We'll soon find out anyway. He still might (could be a third change) although Chip might have recovered well. Look for the emergencies.

I agree. I thought T Mac might of got a go this week, just a sneaking suspicion that's all. We'll soon find out anyway. He still might (could be a third change) although Chip might have recovered well. Look for the emergencies.

Good to see that good form = reward (bell and jamar for that matter), that's the right culture to bread.

It will be interesting to see if true where jamar/johnson play. Loosing robbo and ricky means we are very light up forward. Suspect Rucks to be changing/resting in the forward line and go tall to see if we can exploit the saints.

Big opportunity for Bell hopefully given 2-4 weeks to prove him self.

I can't see Robbo being dropped unless he is injured.

If i recall, didn't this same source also claim that Jordie Mckenzie was upgraded off the rookie list?

Although i can't see why anyone would fabricate something like this, 2 hours before the teams are released - i guess we'll find out soon enough

Robertson's finished so why play him. ...it keeps Martin away from the ruck which is good for everyone. Good team selection. In the next few weeks bring in Watts and Strauss and we're away!!

Err, I'd think they'd be playing Robertson so he can teach some of our younger, developing forwards a trick or two. He's far from finished what a ridiculous statement, the guys played a mere 4 games into his comeback from a potential career ending injury, and is only 1 goal off leading our goalkicking! One brain fade does not condemn a servant of the club into retirement. If our younger key forwards are burning down the house playing for Casey, of which neither Watts or Newton are, then fair enough there will be pressure on Robbos spot, but until then he's the closest thing we have to a multiple goal-kicker every week!

You dont win games of football, or develop the skills of the 18-21 year olds by playing them along with 21 other similar aged players in your team every week, you need a mix of experience for them to truly learn anything off team-mates. If they can see the way Brad Green backs back into a pack, it will inspire and make them better footballers, they wont learn anything about the traits of courage or smarts looking over at the likes of Lynden Dunn or their ilk running around beside them, picked ahead of the likes of Robertson & co just because of their age..

If i recall, didn't this same source also claim that Jordie Mckenzie was upgraded off the rookie list?

Thats the exception I can recall. Although, I think she said simply he and another (cant recall atm) will be upgraded. Not when. ;)

Err, I'd think they'd be playing Robertson so he can teach some of our younger, developing forwards a trick or two. He's far from finished what a ridiculous statement, the guys played a mere 4 games into his comeback from a potential career ending injury, and is only 1 goal off leading our goalkicking! One brain fade does not condemn a servant of the club into retirement. If our younger key forwards are burning down the house playing for Casey, of which neither Watts or Newton are, then fair enough there will be pressure on Robbos spot, but until then he's the closest thing we have to a multiple goal-kicker every week!

You dont win games of football, or develop the skills of the 18-21 year olds by playing them along with 21 other similar aged players in your team every week, you need a mix of experience for them to truly learn anything off team-mates. If they can see the way Brad Green backs back into a pack, it will inspire and make them better footballers, they wont learn anything about the traits of courage or smarts looking over at the likes of Lynden Dunn or their ilk running around beside them, picked ahead of the likes of Robertson & co just because of their age..

Perhaps his involvement at Casey level, will enable some synergy to take place between Watts, Newton and Robbo too. It will let them spend some time together in the meantime. A better understanding is always a positive and perhaps it will benefit them on their return to senior level in the second half of the season.

Err, I'd think they'd be playing Robertson so he can teach some of our younger, developing forwards a trick or two.

In all honesty the less some things Robbo could teach the better.

I agree with Brad Green though. I just wonder what Robbo's overturned turtle impersonation inspired in his younger team mates on Sunday.

I am not sure Robbo will get dropped as one of things in his favour is the lack of viable option to replace him. And Dunn is not it.

Witty reference BRFE....

from MFC website....

Demon Forward’s Russell Robertson has been omitted from the team. Melbourne Coach Dean Bailey said that Robertson’s omission was a result of a drop in form and that he would have the opportunity to regain his spot through the VFL.

from MFC website....

Demon Forward’s Russell Robertson has been omitted from the team. Melbourne Coach Dean Bailey said that Robertson’s omission was a result of a drop in form and that he would have the opportunity to regain his spot through the VFL.

Fair enough. Although the selfish act, as well as ignoring Sylvia in the clear were the last straw.

DemonDan more genius from you! I wonder with the rubbish you post!

You think dropping robbo is tanking? That is the funniest thing i have ever heard. Just stop and think for a minute.....we are playing the top team who are 9-0 and have demolished nearly every team in their path. Do you honestly think we need to tank against them to loose? And if we were tanking id get rid of someone better than robbo. He has been ok but not great. Especially last 2 weeks, he was gifted 2 goals 2 games ago with those ridiculous free kicks that have flattered his output.

Please think before you post.

Anyway i would be furious with Baily if he didnt tank, he is not doing his job if he doesnt ensure we win less than 5 games. Dont give me crap about developing winning culture, we can do that in a heartbeat once we have talent in the team! Think about it did the win over Carlton help develop winning culture? No, but it did cost us Natinui or Hill or however its spelt.

I do love Robbo though and he will be back soon just needs more games under his belt!

Goodluck robbo!

have you not thought that to develop a winning culture you need to develop players that play for the team not for themselves? Robbo is a clearly selfish player. i love watching him as he can do the amazing. he is a wonderful player who can light up the side, but his example last sunday was disgraceful, especially for a senior player, and in fact would probably lead us further away from creating a flag winning culture.

by dropping robbo, bailey is sending a message to the team - play hard, play smart, play for each other. no glory hogs. rivers may have made skill errors, and may have let goals through, but ive never seen him play selfish football. in fact, rivers game is probably one of the most unselfish in the club. he backs into packs, he spoils, he leaves his man to help out teammates. sometimes that behaviour has cost us goals (see varcoe, although i believe that was a poor match up), however you would never see rivers doing something to gain the limelight or attention, he never plays for himself.

skill errors are tolerated, they can be worked on and fixed. they can be accidents. selfish behaviour has consequences. a deliberate choice was made to take a selfish option and that is why robbo is out.

Dean bailey can get ****** as far as im concerned if this isn't a blatent act of tanking. Robbo got to the 2nd top of our goalkicking list in like a few weeks.

As much as i love Rivers, he has given up a few goals by directly kicking the ball out to an opponent, which has cost us every time, but lets dump robbo for kicking 10 goals in 4 matches (which by the way equates to 50+ goals for the season.)

If he said he had been dropped to get fitness up, different.. but this is as big as a mistake you can make Bails, look how long it took you to rest the Pett!.. Im ready to move on.. Most coaches could take our brilliant young list to the finals..

Hope you bag 10 in the ressies robbo..

This post has just proven to me that your posts are not worth the drool laden keyboard they are typed on.... Clearly we are all sick of losing.... But to be honest it is not a new feeling for most of us :angry: The fact that you have come out and blatantly abused the $hit out of DB for setting a good example to our young list just makes me feel sorry for you....

The fact that you say most coaches could take our list to finals is an absolute joke! Have you even watched our team this year???

Dean Bailey is one of the best things that has happened to this football club in decades! He is a "take no $hit" kinda guy and if dropping a senior player for a few selfish acts makes him a [censored], then I'm sure Dean won't mind one bit! Not that he gives a rat's toss-bag what you think of him....

Success will come with a culture change.... And DB is going a long way to ensuring this!!

have you not thought that to develop a winning culture you need to develop players that play for the team not for themselves? Robbo is a clearly selfish player. i love watching him as he can do the amazing. he is a wonderful player who can light up the side, but his example last sunday was disgraceful, especially for a senior player, and in fact would probably lead us further away from creating a flag winning culture.

by dropping robbo, bailey is sending a message to the team - play hard, play smart, play for each other. no glory hogs. rivers may have made skill errors, and may have let goals through, but ive never seen him play selfish football. in fact, rivers game is probably one of the most unselfish in the club. he backs into packs, he spoils, he leaves his man to help out teammates. sometimes that behaviour has cost us goals (see varcoe, although i believe that was a poor match up), however you would never see rivers doing something to gain the limelight or attention, he never plays for himself.

skill errors are tolerated, they can be worked on and fixed. they can be accidents. selfish behaviour has consequences. a deliberate choice was made to take a selfish option and that is why robbo is out.

Read the whole Robbo thread.. its interesting, ill give it that much.. Ive been unfortunately, fortunate enough (if u read the thread you'll understand,) to be in a position to see all AFL matches, Every round, for years..

Bascically, except S. Johnson in 07' there hasn't been and IMO there isn't now, any player, from any team that still plays selfish footy, not for decades mabbe?

Also, Dean Bailey specifically claimed he DIDN'T drop Robbo cause of the STUPID (not selfish) incident, that BTW, not one Dees or any other media person has termed 'selfish'!

Read the Robbo thread if ya can, has all the for and against.

Robbos anything BUT selfish IMO.. but thats the good thing about opinions, there not right or wrong.. ;)