• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

James Frawley

Ghost

One of the highlights of the season so far, along with the form of Aaron Davey, has to be the development and form of James Frawley. He is really starting to come into his own.

This time last year some might have thought he wasn't up to it, and I think even the optimists among us might have hoped he just become a solid contributor down back. But he's really come on this year and it's great to see an emerging talent.

He is composed, he has good anticipation, genuine defensive skills and his run out of the backline is great to watch as he gains more and more confidence. He even hits a target upfield more often than not.

It will be interesting to see where he is at in a year or two because he showing some genuine promise right now. Hopefully he becomes the one of the leagues best, an elite defender, but we will wait and see.

He is definately proving worth the draft pick we spent to get him.

Keep at it James.

I concur, Frawley has been a shining light so far.

On top of everything you have said I also would add that he holds his ground quite well and mentally he appears switched on. It doesn't really matter who he is on or the situation he laps up challenges like a bulldog with a bowl of custard and I reckon he would be good for morale amongst the younger defenders.

To me this just shows young players just need time, giv em a few preseasons and you never know what happens.

Frawley is coming along very well and considering his still quite young hes only going to get better.

He has been great but will he be a tall defender or stay as he is now playing on small/medium forwards. The next big test is playing on the big forwards

While I've got no doubt he does have the ability yo play on the tall forwards he probably wont need to as other members of out back line will be able to do that. With Warnock, Rivers, Garland and Martin also to make up our back line (along with Bennell) Frawley will most likely play on the 4th tall, able to play on taller forwards if Warnock, Rivers or Martin were to miss any games.

It took some time, but he just looked so slick breaking through tackles and delivering well. Amazing what a bit of size and confidence does.

This is a real benefit of rebuilding I think, you give young players a chance to hold down important roles at the highest level, filter out the bad ones and you're left with a player like Spud.

Fantastic work, our backline coach (wellman?) deserves some credit for this.

I would suspect under normal conditions he would be assigned the 3rd up. But he has ( now) t econfidence to break from his man and take the ball in play. A gutsy thing to do. alls it up and you are worse than dog poo !! He moves far more confidently now and is quite something to watch :) He can breal the line and one of the few ( at present who seems to understand how to deliver a ball in a forward moving manner..i. not to put the reciever under needless pressure or needing him to backtrack and lose the momentum.

Is good to see him develop :)

Jared Rivers, Colin Garland, James Frawley, Stef Martin, Matt Warnock, Matt Whelan, Jamie Bennel, Kyle Cheney. Never thought I'd be so proud of a Melbourne backline.

Probably the biggest thing that I get out of every game this year is the continual improvement in Frawley and Stef Martin, probably Chip is taking bigger strides than Stef but you can just see the football ability that both of them have. We were all told how great a pre-season he had and that he'd put on muscle, but seeing some of his games last year I had my doubts that Frawley would take the next step.

It seems all the pre-season predictions have come to fruition, and he now looks very comfortable at this level. Those first couple of steps he takes, and usually a quick jink to the right to avoid his man, his presence to then take 6 or 7 steps and ability to look up and hit a target, despite his ungainly kicking style, augurs very well for a bright future.

Jared Rivers, Colin Garland, James Frawley, Stef Martin, Matt Warnock, Matt Whelan, Jamie Bennel, Kyle Cheney. Never thought I'd be so proud of a Melbourne backline.

Yep, I never thought I'd br so proud of MFC off field...

To me this just shows young players just need time, giv em a few preseasons and you never know what happens.

Frawley is coming along very well and considering his still quite young hes only going to get better.

Spot on, they need time, especially those who are an awkward size,for their positions, like your Goddards or possibly Bates.

Just an observation.

Anyone else notice that 'Cleveland' who joined today listed an All Dud team and that one Cameron Bruce took pride of place in the centre?

Coincidence? (Or the perpetual offender rises from the ashes?)

On Frawley however, I've been mighty impressed. Imagine how effective he'll be in three years at this rate. Every team needs a Presty type to run straight and put a big body in the contest to good effect.

He's still new to the game at this level but before too long he'll be mentoring our recent and to-be recruits. And I reckon he'll be up to it. He shows a bit of old-fashioned character.

Melbourne's backline is the best part of our side, I too have never been so proud. What a back six we will have in a couple of years. It's the stuff flag a built on.

B: Whelan Garland Warnock

HB: Frawley Rivers Bennell

With Martin & Cheney to rotate through.

Just an observation.

Anyone else notice that 'Cleveland' who joined today listed an All Dud team and that one Cameron Bruce took pride of place in the centre?

Coincidence? (Or the perpetual offender rises from the ashes?)

On Frawley however, I've been mighty impressed. Imagine how effective he'll be in three years at this rate. Every team needs a Presty type to run straight and put a big body in the contest to good effect.

He's still new to the game at this level but before too long he'll be mentoring our recent and to-be recruits. And I reckon he'll be up to it. He shows a bit of old-fashioned character.

Surely the ban would apply to the IP address... ..?

We had some good defenders during the 90's but I would say we are probably developing our best backline unit since the late 80's when we had the likes of Danny Hughes, Brett Lovett, Sean Wight, Rod Grinter.

I had great confidence in that backline. They rarely put in a poor game. (OK, with the exception of the '88 Grand Final.)

Would be great if this group could be just as good. Time will tell.

I certainly agree. But I will be alot prouder when they collectively produce it whilst collecting 4 points each week.

They've all had they're moments, they've just got to stop the leaking of goals - of course you can't always attribute that to the backline. ie. Midfield and shocking turnovers are killing the backline and it just undoes all their good work.

Kicking out, Rivers made a terrible blunder (critical error) - although that was the one error he had for the day.

We had some good defenders during the 90's but I would say we are probably developing our best backline unit since the late 80's when we had the likes of Danny Hughes, Brett Lovett, Sean Wight, Rod Grinter.

I had great confidence in that backline. They rarely put in a poor game. (OK, with the exception of the '88 Grand Final.)

Would be great if this group could be just as good. Time will tell.

Apparently, the word is that James Frawley's middle name is a fairly odd one. JNFrawley.

I always backed Frawley. He had all the quilities to be a great player- speed, height, strength, overhead marking.

I think people on the site should take a good hard look at themselves when they write off players in the first year or 2.

Surely after Garland and Frawley, we now see that players take time to develop.

Shame on those bagging Morton and Maric. Morton especially is one of our best players at 19 yrs old and is an insect! Maric in only his 6th game. Really poor efforts by some on this site

Kicking out, Rivers made a terrible blunder (critical error) - although that was the one error he had for the day.

i disagree. i thought he was poor and loose on sunday. in the first half he was 'manning up' (and I use that term loosely) on Varcoe at the centre bounces. When the ball came forward Rivers would do his thing but loose his man. 3 or 4 times varcoe was the loose, unmarked man in the forward line who allowed a certain geelong goal as they out numbered us around the ball.

i would like to watch the replay and see how often he lost his man, and how many goals were kicked on him. And while he is one of my favourites, I will be watching more closely the next few weeks to see what his man gets away with whil he is zoning off.

i was very dissapointed with rivers on sunday.