Maric

Robbo

Spencer

Out:

Bate

Bartram

Johnson

?

If we had the personnel, I would have both Newton and Miller in the outs as well, but they will be needed to draw fire away from Robbo so he can have the freedom to kick a bag. No side can afford to carry a key forward who can't kick straight, much less two, but in this case I think we can make an exception.

Bate out for Robbo is obvious. Similar size, but a world of difference in ability. Spencer for Johnson is likewise obvious. Fitting Grimes and Maric in will require a bit of shuffling of other personnel, but can be done easily enough.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its as simple as this. The only blokes in the team today that are good kicks are Davey, Moloney, McLean & Dunn..

When there is only 4 good kicks in your team you are not going to win games... Not only that we arnt even smart handballers...

We simply chop chop chop the footy...

We need Maric cause he has skills. Then we need to fast track Struass and get Grimes in asap.....

Whats worse our frowards are terrible kicks that always let us down. Newton, Miller and Bate...

Its a bloody disgrace.

Newton's kicking was apalling. But work on it with him. He should've converted twice tonight, then he has two goals in a low scoring game, when the conditions are extremely hard for forwards. He kicks those two and he's given us a reasonable return for a forward on a day like today... And he kept working hard too I thought. He laid 4 tackles, kept trying to apply pressure when the ball was in our forward line.

My changes:

Out: Bate, Bartram

In: Robbo, Maric

Isn't it great to have a whipping boy , truth is you can't fairly judge any forward in conditions like todays

fair enough on the conditions today, BUT when you get your chances you have to take advantage of them, especially when they are within 15 meters of goal

Leave Newton for 3 more weeks.

Robbo in, but not at FF or CHF. That has NEVER worked.

Leave Newton in to get some confidence. Leave Miller at CHF, and let Robbo be Robbo and not a Key Position Player who will get hammered.

Glad I didn't get to the game today though!

Why would you keep a player who does not perform a further 3 weeks???

BTW, Robbo has played his best footy from the goal square. :wacko:

In:

Grimes

Maric

Robbo

Spencer

Out:

Bate

Bartram

Johnson

?

If we had the personnel, I would have both Newton and Miller in the outs as well, but they will be needed to draw fire away from Robbo so he can have the freedom to kick a bag. No side can afford to carry a key forward who can't kick straight, much less two, but in this case I think we can make an exception.

Bate out for Robbo is obvious. Similar size, but a world of difference in ability. Spencer for Johnson is likewise obvious. Fitting Grimes and Maric in will require a bit of shuffling of other personnel, but can be done easily enough.

i agree with these changes and fill the blank in with jetta

In:

Grimes

Maric

Robbo

Spencer

Out:

Bate

Bartram

Johnson

?

? = morton!

he was absolutley horrid today!! Soft and needs serious work on his basic skills...

Granted he wasnt alone in being soft but some of his efforts today made me sick! Needs a spell at casey to get his head right

? = morton!

he was absolutley horrid today!! Soft and needs serious work on his basic skills...

Granted he wasnt alone in being soft but some of his efforts today made me sick! Needs a spell at casey to get his head right

Don't think he is soft, he is just so under developed physically. Whenever he gets a ball in a congested area he invariably turns it over or misses targets as he is rag dolled around the place. When he finds space he is a much better proposition. He needs antoher couple of preseasons to develop like his brother.

In robbo out newton.

Newton is rubbish. Does terrible things 9 times out of ten. Those who continually say to drop bennell obviously don't even watch the games. I love his tackling.

Agree. Agree with your view of Bennell too. He was ok tonight. Love his tackling and harrassing too.

Out = Johnson, Newton, Jetta

In = Spencer, Robbo, Maric

That is all....

Good call Krazy Jay.

? = morton!

Tonight he was Bruce Mark II. So often holding onto the ball too long, not using the first correct option, getting caught, missing the target with handball after handball. Was so frustrating.

Don't think he is soft, he is just so under developed physically. Whenever he gets a ball in a congested area he invariably turns it over or misses targets as he is rag dolled around the place. When he finds space he is a much better proposition. He needs antoher couple of preseasons to develop like his brother.

i think he is soft, you can say he is skinny, doesnt have enough muscle etc etc. but the fact is by running out onto the field he needs to be willing to put his body on the line. His inability to look at the ball, instead the player, when running back with the flight of the ball is infuriating! See the play leading up to McLeod's goal tonight.

And, even when in space he turns the ball over far too often... kicking it over players heads or grubbing it 5m infront of them, and often they are simple 25-30m passes.

many of you seem to think that Robbo will make a winning difference to our side. You are all absolutely kidding yourselves. He's old, slow and was past it before he snapped his achilles. He has no part to play in our future and is lucky to be still in the game at all.

many of you seem to think that Robbo will make a winning difference to our side. You are all absolutely kidding yourselves. He's old, slow and was past it before he snapped his achilles. He has no part to play in our future and is lucky to be still in the game at all.

If he can take a grab and kick straight, he is a required player in our forward line.

Robbo has been our most effective forward for years. Perhaps he can't single-handedly win us matches anymore, but with our shocking forward line I can see him playing an important role for a few years yet.

Lucky to still be in the game wat a joke.

Hes easily our best forward and can really teach our up and coming forwards a think or two.

Keeping him in will do watts etc good we cant just rely on watts hes to young and in experienced. robbo along side him will help heaps.

Can't believe people aren't rating Bennell. We must have very different views. I see him as a bloody exciting prospect who is already showing signs of class. Must not be dropped!

Out :

Newton - will never be a decent player at AFL level. Has no confidence and lacks the skill-level and decision-making abilities to be effective. No point persisting with him. He has had ample opportunity. Must go.

Johnson - he is terrible. Absolutely terrible.

Bartram - bloody courageous effort to play today.

In :

Robertson - we could have done with him today. Could well have been the difference!

Grimes - if ready.

Spencer - I guess we would need a second ruckman if Johnson goes, that's all. And Johnson must go.

Would also like to see Maric play, perhaps for Jetta?

200% guaranteed - Bennell looks exciting and he'll only get better. Interesting stat that Bruce Mac gave during the Blues, Dogs clash - Gibbs has played 48 out of a possible 49 games, Murphy all 49 and Kruezer 29 out of 29. That's why Bennell MUST play all 22 to fast track him.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

In Robbo

Out Newton, PJ

Couldn't care less if we play one short. Johnson is not, and never will be, up to the standard.

My first change would be to drop Jetta for Maric. I'd also consider dropping PJ for Spencer if Spencer is fit. Robertson is a likely inclusion while guys like Grimes and Wona probably need more time at Casey.

IMO the last thing Newton needs right now is to be dropped. Unless you never want to play him again, now's the time to show Newton some confidence and retain him next week. If he kicked straight he could have kicked 5+ goals in the past two games, which isn't a bad return in a poor side.

PS. Is it possible people have confused Bennell and Jetta? Bennell seems to be copping much more flak but from what I've seen he seems to be performing much better.

Guest unstable punt
IN - Robbo. 3 VFL games are plenty and by all reports he's been kicking 2 or 3 goals a game.

OUT Newton - The club must surely stamp his papers after 2 misses from 15 mtrs out. I was hopeful he turned the cnr, but he's simply no good :o

Maric for Jetta if Maric's fit enough, but I have my doubts.

Maric will be in

Guest unstable punt
OUT - Bruce

Thats all I want to see for sure.

all i want to see is Y_M banned from this forum for being an irrational [censored]

I don't think Newton and Robbo can play in the same side, they both will be looking for mark of the year, therefor this week it is one or the other adn I will tell you what Robbo wouldn't miss three goals in two weeks for inside 10m.

In Robbo, Maric

Out Newton, Bate

Bartram gets Ablett

For the future we can't have Mclean, Moloney, Jones, McDonald, Morton in the midfield together, good players but all one paced we need Davey closer to goal but for now we need his speed to break the lines.

Grimes, Maric and Robbo must come in!!

I will be unpopular for this but I think Morton needs to learn how to put his head over the ball, back to Casey till he can do so. Jetta to the the two to get a few kicks....and Newton.

Out: Bate, Bartam, Newton

In: Robbo, Grimes, Maric

Although im not sure if Newton should be dropped....

I still think he needed a solid 5 games in a row at the top level.