• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Another Sylvia thread

Pipefitter

Rubbish, yet nothing new, so no surprise here.

To anyone who has held anything more than hopes for him, you are deluded. The guy has never proven anything at senior level. Unfortunately, he has always done just enough every now and again to demonstrate that he has the skills to be anything. However, he is a total waste of space because he is a stupid footballer (always the guy who isn't in the right position in the zone, that free kick/50m/goal to start Port today when we were competing well). Mostly, he just doesn't care. He plays like he thinks he has achieved something. Well Colin, you are a nothing footballer. Worse than that. You have ability and a poor attitude, and you let down your mates.

To those who say persevere, you are accepting total and utter crap. Colin spits in your face. The guy does not play like he cares. Where a guy isn't dominant, you persevere with if they bleed for you - like Junior, who don't have half the ability of Colin, but are 100 times better footballers (or Powell is another that comes to mind). If we had any balls as a club, we would have traded him when we traded Travis. We should only play him again this year if he earns his spot from 3 consecutive good efforts at Casey. End of year, we should trade him for pick whatever.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To anyone who has held anything more than hopes for him, you are deluded. The guy has never proven anything at senior level. Unfortunately, he has always done just enough every now and again to demonstrate that he has the skills to be anything. However, he is a total waste of space because he is a stupid footballer (always the guy who isn't in the right position in the zone, that free kick/50m/goal to start Port today when we were competing well). Mostly, he just doesn't care. He plays like he thinks he has achieved something. Well Colin, you are a nothing footballer. Worse than that. You have ability and a poor attitude, and you let down your mates.

To those who say persevere, you are accepting total and utter crap. Colin spits in your face. The guy does not play like he cares. Where a guy isn't dominant, you persevere with if they bleed for you - like Junior, who don't have half the ability of Colin, but are 100 times better footballers (or Powell is another that comes to mind). If we had any balls as a club, we would have traded him when we traded Travis. We should only play him again this year if he earns his spot from 3 consecutive good efforts at Casey. End of year, we should trade him for pick whatever.

Agree Chok!

Sylvia is only playing because we have no one else to play, once we get some guys back from injuries and the younger guys develop he'll struggle to get a game.

Oh, and to the calls about trading him, which club would give up a valuable draft pick for Sylvia? Not even Freo are dumb enough any more to do something that stupid. He'll play for Casey untill his current contract runs out and then that will be it.

What do we do?

trade him!!! he has no interested or pride in the jumper, he is just out there because its what he gets paid to do

Bailey wont f around with him come end of year

Deja vu of preseason, who was arguing that Sylvia was a gun? Far out. Other guys at least put in. I've never even really thought he was much chop, but would give him a go if he at least put in. But he doesn't, drives me mental

I wont be pumping up his tyres anymore.

I had wanted to believe that he would turn into a game breaking mid/forward. Right now I think he must have peaked the week Craig Cameron saw him. The best I think we can hope for is a Jason Johnston or Phil Read type.

It just shows yet again your lack of ability in identifying who is a good footballer and who is not.

I think its best if you dont pump up anyone else ever again unless they have at least put together some sort of consistent effort over at least three weeks of football.

hope ym keeps potting bruce as the more he pots him the more ball he gets even some of his butchered kicks too but atleast he is gettn the ball 30 odd times

Why hasn't he been tried in defence more? Surely he has the strength / athleticism to play there? If he doesn't have the smarts or commitment to find the ball in the midfield or up forward, why not put him where the ball will find him?

Why hasn't he been tried in defence more? Surely he has the strength / athleticism to play there? If he doesn't have the smarts or commitment to find the ball in the midfield or up forward, why not put him where the ball will find him?

How many running half back flankers can we have? But all these things should be tried at casey. But to me he looks like a player that will play well in a good side, possibly in the forward line as a back up to robbo and bate. Man im starting to dislike this bloke.

I wont be pumping up his tyres anymore.

Can't say I saw this one coming. Well done on waking up YM.

He's fast become Aaron Fiora Mark II.

Great analogy EB.

you have got to persist with him.. Will be interesting the next few weeks with players returning at the selection table

No you don't. He is a sub-standard player who has never put in a 100%, 4-quarter effort. He doesn't run hard enough, he doesn't try hard enough, he doesn't play hard enough. He is continually given a spot in this team despite repeat mistakes off-field and poor performances on-field. His time is up. Should not play again.

you have got to persist with him.. Will be interesting the next few weeks with players returning at the selection table

Why???

Its a sad day when we have to specially position a bloke for the ball to find him because he cant find the ball. FFS, if he cant find it in the midfield he would struggle to find a spare ball in the bag behind each goal.

Sylvia's commitment to contests is terrible.

Sylvia shouldn't go. He is still a conmponent of the club.

Not for much longer at this rate.

So what is a pass mark for Col?

What do supporters who have canned him, and said to trade / delist him at year end want him to do to save his career?

I think Col's cards are well and truly marked at this stage of his career. A suspension would not augur well for his future.

At this point he is not worth a cracker in a trade. If he does not improve, he is gone to the PSD or suburban footy. If he does improve (dramatically) he might get a 1 or 2 yr contract on limited $$$.

No you don't. He is a sub-standard player who has never put in a 100%, 4-quarter effort. He doesn't run hard enough, he doesn't try hard enough, he doesn't play hard enough. He is continually given a spot in this team despite repeat mistakes off-field and poor performances on-field. His time is up. Should not play again.

I guarantee you Colin Sylvia will play ONE maybe even TWO games that will whet everyone's appetite again. That's the sort of player he is.

He likes to tease but he'll never put it together.

I'm hoping he can somehow package a few games together and give opposition coaches belief that they can be the coach to turn young Col around. Looking for a Farren Ray/trade upgrade style trade. Pick X for Colin Sylvia and MFC's Pick Y.

I'm hoping he can somehow package a few games together and give opposition coaches belief that they can be the coach to turn young Col around. Looking for a Farren Ray/trade upgrade style trade. Pick X for Colin Sylvia and MFC's Pick Y.

You take the opposition team coaches and footy department for dunces.

Opp team third round pick = Sylvia plus our third round pick. :rolleyes:

i Dont think anyone will pick him up in a trade. Its just a delist and cut your losses. Onto the luke molan scrap heap. Mistakes are made. He'll be back playing footy in the country on the beer all weekend and wont be hurting anyone but himself then.

One of sylvias problem is finding the ball. Ive never known a midfielder to get the ball less than him.

You take the opposition team coaches and footy department for dunces.

Opp team third round pick = Sylvia plus our third round pick. :rolleyes:

The only team I can see having a minor interest in him would be Sydney. Roos can get players to perform and Sydney's game plan and smaller home ground may suit Sylvia and as we all know they seem averse to rebuilding from scratch.

Like you say though we would be hard pressed getting an earlier round pick (upgrade) for him but maybe we could swap him for an earlier pick within a round (better than nothing if it is close to say 10 picks gain). Admittedly going over this kind of scenario just after round 3 is kind of senseless - he may improve or get worse and become untradeable.

The only team I can see having a minor interest in him would be Sydney. Roos can get players to perform and Sydney's game plan and smaller home ground may suit Sylvia and as we all know they seem averse to rebuilding from scratch.

Like you say though we would be hard pressed getting an earlier round pick (upgrade) for him but maybe we could swap him for an earlier pick within a round (better than nothing if it is close to say 10 picks gain). Admittedly going over this kind of scenario just after round 3 is kind of senseless - he may improve or get worse and become untradeable.

I am not sure what Sylvia adds to Sydney on or off the ground.

Regardless, I think if any club is going to make a play or punt for him it will be in the PSD and not sacrifice draft picks.

I agree though trading for anything past a third round pick (past pick 50) is hardly worth the effort.