AAMI Stadium

Guest petjud

Guest petjud

Hello,

My time for a bit of advice, going to AAMI first time for the game this weekend, what is best way to get there from centre of city and best place to sit?

Head out of Adelaide City via North Tce.....

Vear right onto Port Road.....

Travel about 8kms and turn left at West Lakes Bvd....

Vear right to stay on West Lakes Bvd and travel about 3kms and the hell hole will be on the left!!

As for the best place to sit....

You will notice the feral dogs that congregate outside the ground waiting to get in and mate with all their flea infested brothers and sisters.... These are the beasts you want to stear clear of.... They may try and mount your legs as you walk past.... And by all means do not... I repeat DO NOT accept a drink out of their West End Draught cans!!!

As you gingerly sneak past this lot and head into the ground, you will notice a foul stench that you may not have smelt before.... This is quite a pungent aroma that at first smells like rotting flesh, but after a few minutes you realise that it is nothing more than the smell of a football public who have all risen up off their [censored] stained mattresses and decided to venture out like moronic zombies to watch a team that believes it is the centre of all things football....

Do not be scared.... You have no doubt attended the odd Queens Birthday match.... Or if you are old enough you may have had the thrill of going to Windy Hill.... Or a day in the rain at Moorabbin.... These experiences will hold you in good stead for what you are about to witness.... A bunch of feral animals wearing one of the worst colours known to man (Teal) screaming their rotten mouths out at you and all things Red 'n Blue....

Be strong.... Find a friend.... And give 'em hell.... God knows they deserve it!!

PS. To all my SA mates who happen to stumble across this post..... You know which bar I will be in on Sunday :P Come get some!!!

Head out of Adelaide City via North Tce.....

Vear right onto Port Road.....

Travel about 8kms and turn left at West Lakes Bvd....

Vear right to stay on West Lakes Bvd and travel about 3kms and the hell hole will be on the left!!

*snip*

Love it! You only forgot to mention that hell hole where the filth used to play... And of course, you are assuming the power supporters turn up! There could be more red and blue!

Love it! You only forgot to mention that hell hole where the filth used to play... And of course, you are assuming the power supporters turn up! There could be more red and blue!

feral stadium... only been once, that was enough. We took the bus from city, to save any damage to the car. Stay near cheersquad for numbers !!! Good luck !!! :o

Guest petjud

...gee.....should I say thanks for the advice.......does anybody know where the cheersquad/shock troops/bodyguards will be at AAMI........

directions to AAMI stadium

go to google earth

type in

"melbourne PUBS"

select one.

by the way, did anyone else notice the foul, stinking, choking air surrounding the MCG as they were leaving on sat??

i figured it must have been the flith lighting up smokes after the game

9 of our last 10 games at AAMI, average margin - 70 point loss.

Our "best" loss was 54 point...when we scored 46.

Whatever you do, bring positivity!

Hello,

My time for a bit of advice, going to AAMI first time for the game this weekend, what is best way to get there from centre of city and best place to sit?

make sure you pack your bullet proof vest :o:lol:

...gee.....should I say thanks for the advice.......does anybody know where the cheersquad/shock troops/bodyguards will be at AAMI........

Hey Petjud,

I went last year, i'd suggest that you make your way to the city and take a bus from there. 'Grote Street i think it is. You get free travel on the bus with a footy ticket. If you are driving to the game i wouldn't worry about it. Port don't draw a crowd and aren't that rowdy.

I vowed never to return to that cess-pit after seeing us get done by both teams by 70 odd points both times in 2004 and 2005.

ALthough I must say it's better going to Port games as there are normally 25,000 less ferals to deal with.

Good luck to any Dee fan going, and I hope they put up somthing resembling a fight.

I haven't been to a game in Adelaide since high school... but I'm sure AAMI Stadium is as pleasant and as beautiful as ever :rolleyes:

Normally I never sit with the cheer squad, but do yourself a favour and find the biggest cluster of Melbourne supporters you can find, and stay there. Very very unpleasant sitting anywhere else.

I will never forget the horrible experience of sitting with Port members during a night match many years ago, when we lost by only a few points (which for us is like a victory over there :P). Thankfully my boyfriend at the time was there to protect me, or I may seriously have been beaten to death.

Watch out for flying plastic cups, and drunk men who may or may not throw up in your general direction. It's a classy joint that AAMI stadium ;)

Krazy Jay, brilliant post, just brilliant!

AAMI is a joke, a complete and utter joke. Why oh why would people call us a backwater? When our fkn AFL stadium is a piece of sh|t 15kms out of the city, I can begin to think of one reason. When we have a great venue in Adelaide Oval where Port should take some of their games, but bullsh|t SANFL beurocracy stops either club leaving Footy Park... and when there is widespread opposition to us building a Docklands-like stadium in the city... I can think of a couple more...

We are attrocious in Adelaide, have been for as long as I can remember. I go every year, just to see the boys, and it's more an issue of loyalty, solidatiry and committment for me. It proves it to myself as I go along every year, knowing full-well that we are going to get our arses handed to us, that I must have some pretty strong feelings for the red and blue jumper hahaha. No one would go and stand among 18000 Port Adelaide fans at "Football Park" out of choice! And that's generally the only positive thing I take out of watching MFC play in Adelaide. Oh, Sylvia did kick a nice goal after a nice run two or three years ago. But he's sh|t so that doesn't really count does it?

On a side note, to anyone who doesn't recognise the sarcasm, the Adelaide crowds are a farce, they are clueless as to the rules of the sport, they are timid and stupid, amongst them sits the odd feral who will yell out random, grammatically-impeccable half-sentences generally directed at the officials or the opposition players keeping warm on the sidelines - or better still, opposition players 150m away; they are fickle, they are feral, they have no real passion, and they support a [censored] team. They won't vadalise your car, they won't abuse you, they won't even talk to you. They are so gutless that the best you can hope for is some veiled half-hearted attempt to belittle your club yelled in the general direction of the field with the intention of garnering a response from you. If you decide to entertain such a discussion, remember that the formula for working out Power supporters generally follows this rule: Number of teeth + years of high school attended = number of premierships won by club.

Yes it is a disgrace what the SANFL are doing here in Adelaide.... Football at the Adelaide Oval would be absolute gold!!

But instead I will have to venture once again down West Lakes Blvd to the colostomy bag of the AFL!! Oh the joy :)