Demonland Player of the Year

titan_uranus

6 - Davey: Finally fully fit, coming of age, big year ahead, could join games elite game breakers.

5 - Warnock: Our next AA? fantastic old school FB!

4 - Martin: Has mazing composure, shows great signs, another reason our backline will be leagues best within 48 months.

3 - Green: Tireless player who is often under rated, would be regarded top 20 players around if in a winning team.

2 - Morton: Sheer class, geniune super star potential, consistency will come with experience.

1 - Miller: fabulous early on, shame he copped tha knock, good signs.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot about Martin. Anthony played well and won the duel, but Martin deserves an honorable mention. Took some good marks under extreme pressure and looks like he is using to use his size more in contests. A promising prospect.

From memory Beamer had a good strat to the season last year in this award. Hopefully, it won't be a curse this year. The leaders are:

14.676 Brent Moloney

10.626 Matthew Warnock

9.252 Nathan Jones

8.624 Kyle Cheney

8.205 Aaron Davey

6.634 Ricky Petterd

6.250 Brad Green

4.376 Cale Morton

1.990 Neville Jetta

1.990 James Frawley

1.327 Clint Bartram

1.094 Jared Rivers

0.663 Paul Johnson

0.547 Brad Miller

From memory Beamer had a good strat to the season last year in this award. Hopefully, it won't be a curse this year. The leaders are:

14.676 Brent Moloney

10.626 Matthew Warnock

9.252 Nathan Jones

8.624 Kyle Cheney

8.205 Aaron Davey

6.634 Ricky Petterd

6.250 Brad Green

4.376 Cale Morton

1.990 Neville Jetta

1.990 James Frawley

1.327 Clint Bartram

1.094 Jared Rivers

0.663 Paul Johnson

0.547 Brad Miller

No Stef Martin???

14.676 Brent Moloney

10.626 Matthew Warnock

9.252 Nathan Jones

8.624 Kyle Cheney

8.205 Aaron Davey

6.634 Ricky Petterd

6.250 Brad Green

4.376 Cale Morton

1.990 Neville Jetta

1.990 James Frawley

1.327 Clint Bartram

1.094 Jared Rivers

0.663 Paul Johnson

0.547 Brad Miller

What a stupid, completely UNRELIABLE and totally INACCURATE system! As I understand it each week just 3 posters votes are selected at RANDOM ( we hope it really is) and that is how the leader board is decided. So player A could receive 6 votes from 6 different posters and not be randomly selected thus receiving zero votes. A real cowboy arrangement. Surely a much more accurate and fair system would be to put a time limit on voting, say 6 hours after the game and count ALL THOSE who have bothered to vote in that period. No wonder last year's B&F didn't match up with DEMONLAND voting.

Jeeze have a cry bobby, it's all a bit of fun. No need to get so worked up a bout it. Personally, i think that leaderboard is pretty spot on after our first two games.

I'm not crying mate! If it's only for fun why have it then? Do you not think my suggestion would be fairer and more accurate?

What a stupid, completely UNRELIABLE and totally INACCURATE system! As I understand it each week just 3 posters votes are selected at RANDOM ( we hope it really is) and that is how the leader board is decided. So player A could receive 6 votes from 6 different posters and not be randomly selected thus receiving zero votes. A real cowboy arrangement. Surely a much more accurate and fair system would be to put a time limit on voting, say 6 hours after the game and count ALL THOSE who have bothered to vote in that period. No wonder last year's B&F didn't match up with DEMONLAND voting.

LOL.

having a cry cos Bruce hasn't cracked a vote yet?

news flash - HE ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH.

LOL.

Didn't see SYLVIA'S name there either. Maybe HE ISN"T GOOD ENOUGH! Didn't kick the 7 goals you predicted either. Maybe you meant 7 goals for the season! Have a look at our best players on the MFC website. You may be enlightened!

Didn't see SYLVIA'S name there either. Maybe HE ISN"T GOOD ENOUGH! Didn't kick the 7 goals you predicted either. Maybe you meant 7 goals for the season!

Sylvia was junk.

I am prepared to admit that.

I always call it fairly.

Bobby, I take a bit of offense with what your suggesting here. What I did in fact was I wrote the names of those who put in their selections (actually it was 6 hours after the game) eliminated those whose votes were accepted lat week and drew out the names Titan Uranus, Morton2Watts and CarnDees (totally at random). I used their votes and came up with the following totals for the game:

17 Davey

15 Warnock

9 Green

8 Morton

6 Jones

5 Moloney

2 Rivers

1 Miller

Their numbers were then multiplied by the team's percentage of the day to provide the votes for the game. Looking at the votes of the experts from the media, these don't appear too far off to me. Our own Oracle went with:

Davey Warnock Bruce Green Miller Jones Morton

Only Cameron Bruce missed out there although he did get named as playing well (in the first half at least) in the Oracle's article.

The only time I dismiss anybody's votes is when I omit the voters who have had votes accepted in the past four rounds (please keep putting yours in anyway folks), if they're completely stupid or they're not done on a 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 basis. It takes time to compile the votes and collate them when you work with three sets of votes. It would take a lot more time if I used all 20 or more ... and it was a Saturday night after a 9 goal loss. There's only so much abuse one can take in these circumstances and adding up votes for an hour or so and then checking and making sure you got it right is a bit of a stretch. We don't have the resources of Champion Data here.

Anyway, I don't think you've made your point and our system is about as random as you can get in a poll based on the opinions of committed Demon fans.

BTW last year's winner was Brad Green. What was wrong with his year?

6 - Davey: Finally fully fit, coming of age, big year ahead, could join games elite game breakers.

5 - Warnock: Our next AA? fantastic old school FB!

4 - Martin: Has mazing composure, shows great signs, another reason our backline will be leagues best within 48 months.

3 - Green: Tireless player who is often under rated, would be regarded top 20 players around if in a winning team.

2 - Morton: Sheer class, geniune super star potential, consistency will come with experience.

1 - Miller: fabulous early on, shame he copped tha knock, good signs.

Spot on IMO.

I did not think he broke too many. Many of his possessions were easy uncontested dish offs and too many of his disposal were short passes not penetrating the oppositions lines. I dont think from the wieght of possessions really hurt the opposition. He does show that he has class I wish he could do more with the ball.

I concur.

I was actually disappointed in this part of his game and didn't think it really added much value.

DEMONLAND

Thanks for your reply. I still think there is a real chance of a player polling well by MANY POSTERS and not even registering one vote with the crazy RANDOM system. Surely a person of your intelligence can see that the present method is flawed and not nearly accurate enough. Voting for a best player having a RAFFLE system is not on. Bruce for example has received votes from DIFFERENT posters over 2 rounds and hasn't even scored yet. He was last year's MFC B&F if you remember. Take the LUCK factor out of your SYSTEM.

Bobby, I take a bit of offense with what your suggesting here. What I did in fact was I wrote the names of those who put in their selections (actually it was 6 hours after the game) eliminated those whose votes were accepted lat week and drew out the names Titan Uranus, Morton2Watts and CarnDees (totally at random). I used their votes and came up with the following totals for the game:

17 Davey

15 Warnock

9 Green

8 Morton

6 Jones

5 Moloney

2 Rivers

1 Miller

Well done. The votes were spot on.

The Demonland Player of the Year has more has more credibility then the Bluey.

After all, look who won the respective awards last year.

LOL.

So did you hear who the coaches gave votes for in this game as announced on SEN today provided by the coaches

from memory bruce 4 miller 3 davey 2 now tell me thats not creditable

rose coloured glasses you always look through