Membership Growing

Mousey

I didnt realise garry was on our promotional staff.. how about the supporters take some responsibility and turn up, rain hail or shine.. 14000 last week was a disgrace. Until we start turning up, then we deserve the barbs directed at us.

As long as you're also directing those barbs at Geelong, who have been the dominant side of the past two years, had a better time and only got ~1K more than us last week.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as you're also directing those barbs at Geelong, who have been the dominant side of the past two years, had a better time and only got ~1K more than us last week.

Geelong 34,963

Melbourne 30,032

Congratulations to the club......

As someone up thread said "onwards and upwards"!!!

And this is a huge step forward, so well done to all involved, including us ;) !!!

Update: 30/4/2009: -

1. Hawthorn 50,569

2. Adelaide 48,720

3. West Coast 47,728

4. Collingwood 43,563

5. Carlton 40,061

6. Essendon 39,177

7. Richmond 36,248

8. Fremantle 36,000 (approx.)

9. Geelong 34,381

10. Melbourne 30,032

11. Western Bulldogs 29,317

12. St Kilda 29,292

13. North Melbourne 28,534

14. Port Adelaide 27,885

15. Sydney Swans 27,000 (approx.)

16. Brisbane 25,183

Ladder changes since last update: -

Just the one change, Bulldogs had a surge and passed Nth Melbourne and StKilda, with North only adding another 150-200 since last update.

Hawks, Dees and Lions had small increases.

All other sides no change to their totals.

We're not that far from the top 8! B)

1. Hawthorn 50,569

2. Adelaide 48,720

3. West Coast 47,728

4. Collingwood 43,563

5. Carlton 40,061

6. Essendon 39,177

7. Richmond 36,248

9. Geelong 34,381

10. Melbourne 30,032

12. St Kilda 29,292

14. Port Adelaide 27,885

16. Brisbane 25,183

Just the one change, Bulldogs had a surge and passed Nth Melbourne and StKilda, with North only adding another 150-200 since last update.

The bulldogs have about 26k ticketed memberships, that 29k figure includes their non ticketeds

1. Hawthorn 50,569

2. Adelaide 48,720

3. West Coast 47,728

4. Collingwood 43,563

5. Carlton 40,061

6. Essendon 39,177

7. Richmond 36,248

9. Geelong 34,381

10. Melbourne 30,032

12. St Kilda 29,292

14. Port Adelaide 27,885

16. Brisbane 25,183

Thats Fantastic to actually hit 30,000+ Just wait till the whole Southern Stand & MCC are full of Red & Blue watching The Demons playing awesome Football in Late September.

Baby Steps.

Everyone down at the club as well as all the volunteers involved in the memberships drive/s deserve a round of applause. The job isn't over yet but 30k by April/May off a spoon season is fantastic work.

Agreed. Even more so as it is a club record.

Guest petjud
Everyone down at the club as well as all the volunteers involved in the memberships drive/s deserve a round of applause. The job isn't over yet but 30k by April/May off a spoon season is fantastic work.

Applause is not needed, suuporting a club means supporting in anyway you can.....just a good effort from the team on Sunday to reward everybody that has signed up.......

Lets now aim to get at least 35,000 rival Geelong and Richmond

I think the club said there are over 3000 yet to sign up from last year

Whilst the idea of 40000 is certainly salivating..I feel that 35000 in '10 is definitely a realistic goal. In all likely hood Melbourne will score the "double" and garner picks 1 & 2 as well as other decent picks in both the national and psd and in so seriously bolster its stocks going forward. No, we wont win too many games this year ( as if we'd want to ;) ) but we will start to become cohesive and I predict even now that there will be some serious 'revving ' up in the media about how 'astute' the Mfc brains trust has been in suffering short term pain as its sets itself up as a definite power over the forthcoming decade.

Such enthusing and gushing will generate more momentum and genuine belief that the 'masterplan" ( whatever it is/was) is now bearing fruit.

A forward team including the likes of Watts, Maric, Jurrah, Butcher,Wonaeamirri .. a midfield with Scully, McLean Moloney and Jones ably fed ( possily ..lol ) by a Spencer or Meesen ( who knows..lol ) ..defenders in Garland, Rivers ( one hopes !! ) Martin ,Warnock, Frawley etc. onballers Davey , Sylvia ( if still in R&B) and others.

Get this lot to click..and it aint too shabby..

I expect us to end up with approx 31500 in 09.... not much of a jump to 35000 :) :) :)

Now given a decent showing in '10...then the bandwagon will indeed start rolling.. Suddenly the Sweetheart team of the State..the mighty Demons are building momentum as they march, then charge the September limelight.

It will become too infectious for the doubters , fencesitters and closet barrackers to stand any longer.. 40000 in '11/12

A golden era or possibly more correctly our Purple Patch is nearly upon us.. funny mix red and blue..and what do you get ?? :)

far fetched......maybe not ;)

30163. . . ^:)

Here, Here Belze!!!!

However, this plan will only work if we indeed fail to win 5 games this year. Although I hate this sort of talk pick 1,2, and 18 will make the difference between Melbourne being a premiership team in years to come and being up there but always a good player or 3 off a Premiership team like we were during our last tilt, during the Neitz reign.

Like Carlton in 07 (who were 4 wins after 10 rounds, then lost the last 12), we must manage our list and experiment with young players and positions to ensure that we do not win too many games. Personally I don't think we are good enough to win 5 games this season anyway. But we are atleast a 5 goal better team than last year and last year we won 3 so lets learn how to win next year.

Scully and Butcher would polish our list and set us for an extended period in the sun with Premierships.

Update: 1/5/2009: -

1. Hawthorn 50,569

2. Adelaide 48,720

3. West Coast 47,728

4. Collingwood 43,563

5. Carlton 40,502

6. Essendon 39,177

7. Richmond 36,248

9. Geelong 34,963

10. Melbourne 30,163 :)

11. St Kilda 29,595

12. Western Bulldogs 29,317

13. North Melbourne 28,762

14. Port Adelaide 28,075

16. Brisbane 25,183

1. Hawthorn 50,569

2. Adelaide 48,720

3. West Coast 47,728

4. Collingwood 43,563

5. Carlton 40,502

6. Essendon 39,177

7. Richmond 36,248

9. Geelong 34,963

10. Melbourne 30,163 :)

11. St Kilda 29,595

12. Western Bulldogs 29,317

13. North Melbourne 28,762

14. Port Adelaide 28,075

16. Brisbane 25,183

Bulldogs have 26,445 members, placing them 15th.

Applause is not needed, suuporting a club means supporting in anyway you can.....just a good effort from the team on Sunday to reward everybody that has signed up.......

Speak for yourself, I take my hat off to them as far as the pure number of members acheived is concerned. I agree that the next part is sustaining this and moving forward and on field performance will be the key here.

Bulldogs have 26,445 members, placing them 15th.

29,317 members in total.

Game day/Ticketed/non-ticketed -its all too confusing. Why doesn't Melbournefc and Hawthornfc, etc have this breakdown? Do they have ticketed/non-ticketed members? Kangaroos only have one total. Saints, Lions, Blues, Hawks, Dees, Cats, Pies all have one total. Others such as Tigers, Port, Bulldogs, have two figures ie Game Day members and total members or Ticketed members. :wacko:

If someone could explain the differences in clubs membership package totals..... :)

Guest petjud
Speak for yourself, I take my hat off to them as far as the pure number of members acheived is concerned. I agree that the next part is sustaining this and moving forward and on field performance will be the key here.

I was actually speaking for myself and partner as we participated in in the phone out for a couple of nights, sorry thought that was common knowledge on both boards

Using your data from the update, there are:

- approximately 576,000 club members in the AFL

- The average club membership is ~ 36,000

- The MFC currently accounts for ~ 5.2% of memberships

- Hawthorn accounts for 8.8% while Brisbane accounts for 4.4%

Just some interesting stats...

29,317 members in total.

Game day/Ticketed/non-ticketed -its all too confusing. Why doesn't Melbournefc and Hawthornfc, etc have this breakdown? Do they have ticketed/non-ticketed members? Kangaroos only have one total. Saints, Lions, Blues, Hawks, Dees, Cats, Pies all have one total. Others such as Tigers, Port, Bulldogs, have two figures ie Game Day members and total members or Ticketed members. :wacko:

If someone could explain the differences in clubs membership package totals..... :)

Clubs that have one total only show their match day members. Match day members are the only ones the AFL recognises when it does its official membership tallies around the end of june.

So Bulldogs only have around 26,000 compared to our 30,000.

I was actually speaking for myself and partner as we participated in in the phone out for a couple of nights, sorry thought that was common knowledge on both boards

No I didn't know - my comment was meant in good faith though. I think all the people like yourself (and partner) who chipped in (and everyone else at the club) all add up in helping the club achieve this membership tally. I know that you and your partner volunteered for the love of the club and don't need a pat on the back either but 30k is still a milestone for the club and it doesn't hurt to recognise the behind the scenes work that helped bring this about. Good on the people who signed up as well.

I wonder how many more members there are from last year that haven't resigned and the proportion of first time members or at least previously dormant members that have resigned this year.