Membership Growing

Mousey

I think we will get up to 32,000 by the membership cut off sales in sometime in June. C`mon Dees keep trying and getting past 30,000 every year now.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit I paid the ultimate sacrifice. I was a member at the start of the year but to get my fiance (who's a saints fan) to also take one out I had to take a saints membership out also. I figured it was worth it, the more members the better!

You are a bloke. What you say should go, no compromises.

Woman were gifted with the fine art of cooking skills, we were gifted with the art of hunting. Hunt down more members fellas. Woman us warriors will get tired and need good food ready when we get back from the hunt.

I must admit I paid the ultimate sacrifice. I was a member at the start of the year but to get my fiance (who's a saints fan) to also take one out I had to take a saints membership out also. I figured it was worth it, the more members the better!

Never do that again. Buy a second Melbourne Membership if you must spend more. We are The Demons-the opposite of Saints.

I want a flag before those losers get one!

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
Never do that again. Buy a second Melbourne Membership if you must spend more. We are The Demons-the opposite of Saints.

I want a flag before those losers get one!

your obviously single. :lol:

Yes i am!! But there are other ways to win back the lady without buying a st.kilda membership!!! Pathetic Form!!!

Having never dated a Melbourne supporter, I've always tried to make deals with boyfriends where they buy a Melbourne membership and I buy a membership for their chosen club. The trick here is, make sure they buy the Melbourne membership first, then conveniently forget to purchase that Essendon/Port/Sydney membership you promised you'll get ;)

I have proudly supplied our club with extra memberships over the years, but have never spent a cent helping any other club.

Having said that, I would definitely think about holding my end of the bargain for a Dogs or North supporter.

Having never dated a Melbourne supporter, I've always tried to make deals with boyfriends where they buy a Melbourne membership and I buy a membership for their chosen club. The trick here is, make sure they buy the Melbourne membership first, then conveniently forget to purchase that Essendon/Port/Sydney membership you promised you'll get ;)

I dated a mad Collingwood supporter once. It's true.

Relationships can be difficult enough without bringing football into it.

I have proudly supplied our club with extra memberships over the years, but have never spent a cent helping any other club.

Having said that, I would definitely think about holding my end of the bargain for a Dogs or North supporter.

Well we've reached record membership so you must really be putting in the hard yards :lol:

I dated a mad Collingwood supporter once. It's true.

Relationships can be difficult enough without bringing football into it.

I used to think that it would be better dating someone who didn't care about football, as opposed to various Essendon, Port, Sydney, Carlton, Richmond or Collingwood supporters, until I dated a guy who didn't know a thing about football and would look at me with a dumbfounded look everytime I mentioned anything football related (which is quite often).

What the hell are you meant to talk to these football virgins about? :lol:

Well we've reached record membership so you must really be putting in the hard yards :lol:

Hmmm... do I take credit for this and discredit my reputation, or do I just move right along...? :unsure::P

Sweet lass.

Do you apply this standard to other areas of your relationships?

Jaded, please tell me you've never dated a Port Adelaide supporter.

Yes i am!! But there are other ways to win back the lady without buying a st.kilda membership!!! Pathetic Form!!!

Perhaps you two could solve each others membership issues and hook up.... :lol:

It would be a win-win-win. Go Dees!

Sweet lass.

Do you apply this standard to other areas of your relationships?

No, just the most important area.... football rivalry ;)

Jaded, please tell me you've never dated a Port Adelaide supporter.

That was a year of my life I ain't getting back :unsure:

Perhaps you two could solve each others membership issues and hook up.... laugh.gif

Gotta love the whole token-female thing <_< :rolleyes:

(where are you QueenC?! :P)

30479 . . . . . ^

and still it keeps edging up :)

Gotta love the whole token-female thing <_< :rolleyes:

(where are you QueenC?! :P)

Sorry to be late, but I'm here now......

Don't think I could be of much assistance though, I've never dated a Demon supporter, but my excuse is that I live in Sydney and to even find one is a monumental achienvement!!!

That being said we will not judge Jaded for her year with a Port man, because we all have skeletons we would rather keep hidden ;) :D !!!

But I will help her out in that I have managed a membership or two for the MFC over the years with that same trade off, generally for a Swans membership (which is really the only way I get to see live AFL up here anyway so it really is a kind of win win), or for a league team (memberships of which no-one really don't cares about, and watching is fine) or the Waratahs (who I love and support anyway).

I can handle the opposition supporter that can be fun ( ;) ), just not the guy who doesn't love sport at all.......

Although the sqabble (spoken from sad experience) for the remote to watch the footy can reverse all sorts of gender cliches :P !!!

I can handle the opposition supporter that can be fun ( ;) ), just not the guy who doesn't love sport at all.......

Although the sqabble (spoken from sad experience) for the remote to watch the footy can reverse all sorts of gender cliches :P !!!

So true.

It's ironic when you want to go to the footy, and your other half wants to go out partying with his friends... or you want to watch replays on Foxtel and he wants to watch some renovation show <_< :wacko:

The smart ones learn very quickly that football comes first, and they come a distant second, and learn to adapt. The dumb ones get given their marching orders :lol:

(The Port supporter was bad, but the rivalries I had going with the Essendon supporter took the cake. We actually banned ourselves from going to watch each others' teams play in the end).

Update: 11/5/2009: -

1. Hawthorn 51,449

2. Adelaide 48,720

3. West Coast 47,728

4. Collingwood 44,131

5. Carlton 40,734

6. Essendon 40,000

7. Richmond 36,248

8. Fremantle 36,000 (approx.)

9. Geelong 35,543

10. Melbourne 30,479 :)

11. St Kilda 30,273

12. Western Bulldogs 29,317

13. North Melbourne 29,028

14. Port Adelaide 28,247

15. Sydney Swans 27,000 (approx.)

16. Brisbane 25,183

Updates:

RED ALERT: St.Kilda has closed the gap to within 206 behind the Mighty Dees.

Hawthorn just keep going through the roof in membership sales.

Essendon announced Kevin Sheedy as member number 40,000 for Essendon.

North Melb increased their total on the back of their crowd of 13,000 against Port..

What's 31,484?

Weren't you guessing mid 32000s?

This must be another record year for total memberships sold? Or at least heading that way.

What's 31,484?

Weren't you guessing mid 32000s?

This must be another record year for total memberships sold? Or at least heading that way.

31,484 was my estimated guess. Well documented.

I hope we can knock off the Saints, a new scalp would be nice.

We'd do very well to reach 31,000 I think.

Saints have a new membership campaign this, combined with how well they're going, should see them move past us soon.

We should be very proud of our efforts coming off a wooden spoon year, especially compared to other finalists.

North's membership looks pretty good too, considering last year's 32,000 is regarded as being "fake"

As a guy, I'm used to dating women who have no interest in football or sport in general. But most girls I've dated tend to give up whatever token football allegience they might have and hope for the best for the Demons, only because they recognise how much it means to me.

What I have had trouble with are the girls who see football as a rival for my attention (and/or affection) and as a result resent it. Never did work out well with that type.

But now I am married to a woman who used to go for Essendon but knew nothing about them, only favouring them because she liked their colours, and never having been to a game in her life.

I am happy to say however that she is now a paid up Melbourne member.

She still doesn't go to games though, preferring to stay home and follow the scores on the radio or TV. But she knows most of the players. (I think she has a thing for Brad Miller.) And she gets excited. When Addam Maric kicked that goal from 50 on Sunday she screamed 'Go little Addam!!'.

So all in all, I've done well. :D