Clash Jumper

Demon_Tingles

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the new strip looks good.

And welcome back to the Demon to our jumper. I honestly missed it.

Thank god it has no grey or white on it. Last years clash strip was a farce. Pure rubbish. Whoever passed that should be sacked or should step aside...

Oh... Wait... :lol:

Gippy

Have both and wear whichever one the AFL says clashes the least.

I am sick of talking about the effing clash strip...

the clash jumper as played in yesterday's intra club game, looks great. ( some great pics on demonology).Either red and white clash jumpers are definately a goer for me. Could have been a better looking DEMON but a demon none the less !!!

This isn't by any means the most pressing issue at the moment, but a little pet peeve of mine.

I really don't like the Reebok jumpers.

They are loose, baggy and have that stupid shape where the back and front hang lower than the sides. For a skinny team like Melbourne, the problem seemed to be accentuated even more.

Not only do the jumpers look terrible but when they are so loose it makes it easier for opposition teams to grab them. To be honest I didn't want to buy a new jumper last year because they looked so terrible. Melbourne seemed to have gone backwards from their Asics jumpers which were much better fitting.

Now compare these with the Puma jumpers which are a better fit and look great as well as with the new Adidas jumpers which fit well but look a little odd (but still better).

When Port Adelaide announced their new clash jumper I got excited because the Reebok design looked to have improve, but after seeing the photos from the intra-club game it looks as though Melbourne may have the same design as last year.

Port's new terrible clash jumper with good Reebok design.

captureyg6.jpg

Melbourne with same old design?

174248.jpg

you're right. i notice these little things too. and you can tell these two are different designs because the neck is different.

I think the best jumpers are the puma ones that hawthorn and brisbane wear with the pointy neck.

I bought one of the new ones last year and the material isnt as good either

I agree.

Strewth...I can't believe some people on this website. This is a vast improvement on what's gone before so stop your whingeing.

I love the monogram edition too, but I see this as a modern upgrade that even looks good in the white version.

We wanted the demon. We got the demon. The monogram makes a great training jumper.

Let's unite and worry about something that matters.

These are our training jumpers, the club isn't going to buy the good jumpers until we have a name to go onto the back of it. These jumpers would be the cheapest they could get to do the job.

Surely we don't have to pay for Jumpers? MFC would surely be paid to wear them by the apparel sponsor (Reebok)?

I guess Reebok could be giving us old stock knowing they have to make a heap of new ones soon when (hopefully) we get a sponsor.

I really don't like how the Demon touches the AFL logo, really shouldn't be that close IMO

im not worried about this. i think any smaller or lower and the demon would become too insignificant.

and to Clint B, i think it's fine. i wasnt there on sat, but id rather the demon be a little bit harder to see from a far, than have a white outline.

the red and blue aspect remains intact.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.