• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Pre season training invitees

dazzledavey36

We want Simpkin or Sibosado....... FACT!

and nowadays it costs money to have someone train with you..... as we are strapped you might find that we dont have anyone train with us but we will go the cheap option and watch players like (i hope Simpkin and sibosado) from over the fence at other clubs......

maybe not though.... we will see.....

oh and gugliotta not hard enough at the contest

FACT like we're gonna choose Naitanui instead of Watts ?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and nowadays it costs money to have someone train with you..... as we are strapped you might find that we dont have anyone train with us but we will go the cheap option and watch players like (i hope Simpkin and sibosado) from over the fence at other clubs

From Jack Watts goes from No.1 to No.4

There is probably three or four there that we might think are worth coming down and having a run . . . so we can have a look at them first-up rather than always watching them over the fence (at another club).

Although this quote doesn't commit to anything, I pretty sure we've put money aside to fill our rookie list already haven't we?

The fact that we are best positioned in these upcoming drafts I think means we'd be mad not to try out some kids.

We need to make the best possible decision and you're not going to do that watching kids over a fence.

Went down to training at Casey Fields yesterday.

Strauss and Blease had there first training session. They certainly look like young boys that need to do plenty of gym work.

Frawley has bulked up a bit, Cheney and Maloney look very solid. Meesen and PJ finished the session doing ruck work together. Meesen certainly has a great physique and seemed to do well in most of the general drills. His marking was as good as anyone else; it's a shame that he doesn't seem to have the same confidence in a real match.

Robbo was certainly favouring his injury and seemed fairly restricted, although he was kicking the ball (short kicks). McLean looked in pretty good shape and did most of the drills. Standing near the boys and kicking the balls back that went over the fence I must admit that the so-called angel of the team Cam Bruce has the foulest mouth even though it's all in good fun.

Anyway, at the end of training I noticed some unfamiliar faces doing stretches so I asked Brent Maloney who they were. He said that they were invitees hoping to get a chance on the rookie list. I'm pretty certain the names he gave me were:

Jordie McKenzie from Geelong Falcons (there is a video of him on you tube, guernsey No 46)

Two boys from Oakleigh Chargers: Benjamin White and Samuel O'Sullvan.

Ben played 8 matches this year and averaged 8 kicks a game, 8 handballs and 4 tackles.

SOS played 2 matches and only had a total of 8 kicks, 5 Hballs and 6 tackles.

Are they KPP types? Absolutely not. More of the same that we drafted last Saturday.

I think Dean's plan is to play like the Irish - hard at it, good hands and foot skills and smother the opposition with our competitiveness. I spoke to him last week before the draft and couldn't help myself by mentioning that it would be great if we could improve our kick-in strategy as we seem very slow in clearing the ball compared to other teams. I also mentioned that we need more strength in the team as we seem like boys against men sometimes. He didn't comment on the kick-ins but mentioned that this year we will be a lot fitter and a number of the boys have bulked up. He said that last year we weren't fit enough and many of the boys did not complete a full pre-season. I said that if we picked Watts I hope we also draft another KPP forward to help him as the opposition will easily be able to cover him. He just gave me a wry smile.

By the way Sibosado for Oakleigh Chargers played 7 matches. He kicked 14 goals, 2 times in the best, 43 kicks, 21 handballs 15 tackles,11 contested marks and 12 uncontested.

I hope this information is of interest.

Anyway, at the end of training I noticed some unfamiliar faces doing stretches so I asked Brent Maloney who they were. He said that they were invitees hoping to get a chance on the rookie list. I'm pretty certain the names he gave me were:

Jordie McKenzie from Geelong Falcons (there is a video of him on you tube, guernsey No 46)

Two boys from Oakleigh Chargers: Benjamin White and Samuel O'Sullvan.

Ben played 8 matches this year and averaged 8 kicks a game, 8 handballs and 4 tackles.

SOS played 2 matches and only had a total of 8 kicks, 5 Hballs and 6 tackles.

Great info mate. Obviously my source was on the money with O'Sullivan. He's definitely not a KP player, plays off a wing and he's 186cm & 80kg. I don't know much about White.

But your TAC facts are a little off on O'Sullivan, he played 6 TAC cup matches with averages of 10 kicks & 9 handballs a game and he was in the best twice, one of those BOG. Those stats you got are from his 2 '07 games

prefer not to have another cam bruce thanks!!!!

Goose, Patrick Hayes is nothing like Cameron Bruce. For more information on him see - AFL eyes turn to ex-hockey Hayes. As a tallish former hockey player, he's more akin to one of our old favourites here on Demonland, Alistair Nicholson and as a tall redhead, reminiscent of the late Troy Broadbridge. He's now 194cm tall and has tested at 2.91 20m, 8.44 agility and 14.2 beep. There are some great highlights on You Tube if you can find them. He's fast and committed.

By the way Sibosado for Oakleigh Chargers played 7 matches. He kicked 14 goals, 2 times in the best, 43 kicks, 21 handballs 15 tackles,11 contested marks and 12 uncontested.

I hope this information is of interest.

Does this mean he was at training?

Sibosado was not at training. Just the three kids 3 that I mentioned plus the Sandy boys Danny Hughes and Tregear. Hughes trained very well and so did Valenti. Don't know what they've got in mind for the PSD. Am I right in saying that unless Sibosado is taken in the PSD, he is not eligible for a rookie selection as he is bottom age?. Zaharakis was bottom age in the National Draft last year and was not drafted. This year he came ahead in leaps and bounds and was picked up by Essendon.

I really hope that they take a punt and pick Sibosado in the PSD because next year he may well be a first or second round pick. We could have both Siosado and Butcher and maybe even Scully if we win less than 5 games.

I also think they will take Jordie McKenzie in the rookie draft. The Falcons were surprised that he was not drafted.

Sibosado was not at training. Just the three kids 3 that I mentioned plus the Sandy boys Danny Hughes and Tregear. Hughes trained very well and so did Valenti. Don't know what they've got in mind for the PSD. Am I right in saying that unless Sibosado is taken in the PSD, he is not eligible for a rookie selection as he is bottom age?. Zaharakis was bottom age in the National Draft last year and was not drafted. This year he came ahead in leaps and bounds and was picked up by Essendon.

I really hope that they take a punt and pick Sibosado in the PSD because next year he may well be a first or second round pick. We could have both Siosado and Butcher and maybe even Scully if we win less than 5 games.

I also think they will take Jordie McKenzie in the rookie draft. The Falcons were surprised that he was not drafted.

Sibosado is definitely eligible for both PSD and rookie drafts. Born 13/10/90.

:lol: Hey - you got something against Altona's u/18 netball squad, or what?! :lol:

You're right. No disrespect to Altona... fine place.

I wonder if they do actually have an u/18 netball squad?

For those who are interested here's a link if you don't know what Jordie McKenzie looks like: http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_info.cgi...sectionID=62015

Unfortunately I couldn't find much information about Benjamin White or Samuel O'Sullivan.

Sam O'Sullivan's a medium sized utility, generally played through the middle, wing and flanks for the Chargers - decent pace and an OK user of the ball.

Sam O'Sullivan's a medium sized utility, generally played through the middle, wing and flanks for the Chargers - decent pace and an OK user of the ball.

Seriously though, we have pick 1 in the PSD and pick 1 in the RD and all we've done is invite virtual unknowns and 2 blokes who played for Sandy who nobody else has shown any interest in. I wonder if we're going to maximise our return from having the benefit of first choice in the drafts?

Seriously though, we have pick 1 in the PSD and pick 1 in the RD and all we've done is invite virtual unknowns and 2 blokes who played for Sandy who nobody else has shown any interest in. I wonder if we're going to maximise our return from having the benefit of first choice in the drafts?

Who do you suggest we invite ?

Unfortunately Judd is no longer available , and Nathan Buckley has retired !

Who do you suggest we invite ?

Unfortunately Judd is no longer available , and Nathan Buckley has retired !

Several players have been named as leading contenders for the upcoming drafts - Sibosado, Rockliff (TAC Cup premiership player; 4 goals & 11 uncontested posessions v Vic Metro), Klemke, Sheahan, Riley, Allwright, Martin a few ruckmen and a handful of others from WA.

We can still pick them up even if they're no training with us.

Thats right and its possible, even likely that PSD selection will come from a player who hasn't trained with us. Maybe we are looking at a couple of these guys for the rookie list.

Thats right and its possible, even likely that PSD selection will come from a player who hasn't trained with us. Maybe we are looking at a couple of these guys for the rookie list.

My gut feeling is that we know who we will be drafting ( certainly PSD and 1st Rookie pick ) already. We can watch others at other clubs and not disclose our interest.

Thats it!!!

Look at these kids for rookie spots but keep your eyes on the prize pick and your cards close to your chest.

The other clubs, the ones that dont have a committment to a player , know we have first pick and wont be expecting us to reveal who that is so early..we can keep an eye on our choice no matter where he is or trains

Still on the Sibosado wagon

With all due respect to you blokes you really are getting your knickers in a knot about very little.

In case you hadn't noticed on 29th November they held a thing called the National Draft. In that draft about 75 players were selected and they represented the collective wisdom of 16 AFL clubs who have anywhere between 10 and 30 people scouring the country for talent. So on a very conservative basis about 160 people, who make it their business and earn a living spotting talent, had their say.

Now there is a bloke out there called Sibosado that has a cute name, has been likened to Franklin with a dash of Goodes thrown in and who Emma Quayle made famous but who was judged not to be in the top 75 players of this years pool.

Now here's the message..... There was a reason.....

Now I know that good players fall through but the reality is they are few and far between. The PSD is now a non event and really just an extension of the ND as is the Rookie Draft. We are dealing with the highly speculative areas of drafting. None of the kids left have presented compelling arguments to be drafted; if they had they would have been.

My message? By all means have a sense of excitement about the PSD and the RD, but lets not pretend that we are likely to draft a player who will significantly impact our club and lets not suggest that selecting one player over another at this stage is "a significant blunder".

And to people who are on the Sibosado band wagon, like DD, have you seen him play or are you just seduced by the image that is being painted?

Enjoy the drafts, but in reality our excitement is in Watts, Blease and Strauss with a nice suppliment in Morton, Grimes and Maric. It is in these players a large part of our future lies.

With all due respect to you blokes you really are getting your knickers in a knot about very little.

In case you hadn't noticed on 29th November they held a thing called the National Draft. In that draft about 75 players were selected and they represented the collective wisdom of 16 AFL clubs who have anywhere between 10 and 30 people scouring the country for talent. So on a very conservative basis about 160 people, who make it their business and earn a living spotting talent, had their say.

Now there is a bloke out there called Sibosado that has a cute name, has been likened to Franklin with a dash of Goodes thrown in and who Emma Quayle made famous but who was judged not to be in the top 75 players of this years pool.

Now here's the message..... There was a reason.....

Now I know that good players fall through but the reality is they are few and far between. The PSD is now a non event and really just an extension of the ND as is the Rookie Draft. We are dealing with the highly speculative areas of drafting. None of the kids left have presented compelling arguments to be drafted; if they had they would have been.

My message? By all means have a sense of excitement about the PSD and the RD, but lets not pretend that we are likely to draft a player who will significantly impact our club and lets not suggest that selecting one player over another at this stage is "a significant blunder".

And to people who are on the Sibosado band wagon, like DD, have you seen him play or are you just seduced by the image that is being painted?

Enjoy the drafts, but in reality our excitement is in Watts, Blease and Strauss with a nice suppliment in Morton, Grimes and Maric. It is in these players a large part of our future lies.

yes and no. alot of the draftees that are picked up in the PSD were overlooked in the national draft solely due to being lazy and having a bad attitude or other problems like alcohol etc..talent wise, alot of them would be considered good quality players.