A Sight for sore eyes

brey9186

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well thats just my point. Iam not having a go at him. I know he has been plauged.

Iam saying he lucky he wasnt traded years ago, while he had some value. Clubs still knew his worth.

Well thats my point. :huh:

At no time did he have "value" early in his career because he first came down with the injury in the 12 months prior to drafting.

Clubs knew his worth no doubt. Its hard enough to trade fit players. OP cancels trade value.

Would you buy an unknown car with a seized engine?

I'd say Cale

That's not a terrible guess... but I'm sticking with Buckley. His arms are WAY to big for Morton, and Buckley has that 'do. Same hunched shoulders too...

This is starting to sound like biological field notes.

Is that Moloney with his back to us, stretching on the floor next to Sylvia?

The one squatting next to Sylvia on his left, talking to Davey, is Moloney. He shaved his head recently and has earnt the nickname "Romper Stomper" from a few of the players lol

Hoping for a big year from Sylvia. I thought he was alot better this year, and seemed to have matured alot on-field. If he can get his fitness up and push into midfield, or even just work harder off the HFF, he will be very dangerous IMO

Also hope Moloney is fit and firing all of next year. I really think most people here under-rate how good he can be when he's up and going. He's one of the few who plays with real passion, and was one of our best alongside Mclean before copping the shoulder injury.

If we got a full uninterrupted year out of Mclean, Moloney, Davey and Sylvia, our midfield would suddenly be alot more dangerous. Those 4 right there in midfield would have ball-winning ability, long kicking, short kicking, goal kicking, hardness, pace, tackling, passion, all covered. They compliment each other well and I really hope they can start getting the best out of themselves....

I wouldn't be upset seeing TJ still running around in the red and the blue. I can handle 16 sublime games and 6 average ones.

90% of our list could only dream of having TJ's skill and ability.

Its been 16 sublime games over a 10 year stretch.

I'd say 98% not 90% of our list would dream to have TJ's skill and ability. Of that same 98%, 100% would have greater maturity, character and attitude than TJ.

His skill and ability means nought if he just does not produce it coinsistently. He didn't. And his output over 10 years has been mediocre at best.

I am not sure why you would want him still at MFC. He had a big chance to show everyone at Brisbane how wrong MFC were in trading him. He blew it and got dropped from the Lions team in the last round. Sublime..really.

Its telling that when the MFC players were told that TJ was being traded, there was no a hint of protest or disappointment. It seemed that even in the soft MFC culture, TJ's lazy gameboy mentality was seen as a detriment.

Maybe you are further away from the action than you have said.

I am not sure why you would want him still at MFC. He had a big chance to show everyone at Brisbane how wrong MFC were in trading him. He blew it and got dropped from the Lions team in the last round. Sublime..really.

I never said I was still angry that TJ left. Infact we will benefit long term if Grimes becomes a player. And yes I do agree with you that TJ had a mixed year. He dropped off in the second half of the year and also raised the ire of Lions fans. However, he was instrumental in 5 or 6 of their wins. Did you watch their win over Port when they came back from 7 goals down in the wet and TJ had a blinder of a final term. Or his 32 possession 3 goal game V's Carlton. Or the 3 brownlow votes he recieved V's Fremantle? He would be very handy at MFC still.

My point was that I think it's fantastic that we have a player in Sylvia who has a combination of skill and class. Lets be excited that he finally had a consistent injury free year and will hopefully take his career to a new dimension in 2009.

I may live a million miles from the MCG, but I still watched replays of our last 5 games, and I can tell you this club is crying out for some skill and class - which is exactly what Sylvia provides.

Or would you rather 22 Clint Bartram's running around the field?

The mystery player continues........

Is that Moloney with his back to us, stretching on the floor next to Sylvia?

I'm gonna take a stab and say Buckley.

I'd say Cale

The one squatting next to Sylvia on his left, talking to Davey, is Moloney. He shaved his head recently and has earnt the nickname "Romper Stomper" from a few of the players lol

I'll say it is "Jamar" on Sylvia's left stretching, and Moloney is on Sylvia's right, talking to Davey. B)

Guest Golgothan
The mystery player continues........

I'll say it is "Jamar" on Sylvia's left stretching, and Moloney is on Sylvia's right, talking to Davey. B)

Looks to big to be a midfielder, could be Stef

Perhaps it's John Meesen? But Moloney sounds like the best bet. You know it's the off-season when you have to resort to this to get your footy fix.

Its definitely Moloney with his back to the camera in the blue short sleeved training shirt. Thats what he was wearing in the herald sun video footage, and he has shaved his head. And Jamar closer to camera on the ground.

I never said I was still angry that TJ left.

Never said you were.

My point was that I think it's fantastic that we have a player in Sylvia who has a combination of skill and class. Lets be excited that he finally had a consistent injury free year and will hopefully take his career to a new dimension in 2009.

You're probably intoxicated by Sylvia's draft pick number rather than what he displays on the ground. Sylvia is an honest hardworking player that could be a capable asset to MFC if he continues to develop greater football smarts and discipline in his game. Unfortunately he is unlikely to live up to his draft hype and I dont know why you make an exception of him. There are other equal to Sylvia in contribution, potential and performance.

Its great you savour the small morsel of TJ performing. Its a pity that for a player so talented that the gap between his best and worst is alarming and too often we have seen the downside. The issue with him at Brisbane is that he has shunned few of the annoying traits that let him down at MFC. I may not have seen the Port but I saw a couple of games by Brisbane where they folded like a pack of cards and TJ was missing in action.

And MFC are crying out for skill and class. We have no A graders, few if any B graders and wealth of C graders who hopefully will rise in the future. Sylvia is a C grader which I hope he can build on. But to date he is C grade.

Or would you rather 22 Clint Bartram's running around the field?

He is a try hard C-/D grader who will struggle unless he can address his disposal issues. But careful there were posters that thought that Bartram was good "trade bait". :lol:

At least you know what you will get from Bartram.

Powell, you mentioned 3 good games TJ had for the year.

That'd be fine if they were finals but they were against the aptly named Shockers, Carlton (who they pummeled from memory) and Port, who were shithouse this year.

imo I'd be stamping his year with an F

• 4 months later...

Guest Rojik of the Arctic
Im still going to stick with Colin untill the 1st round of the season.

I dont know why people are getting so upset about a pre-season match.

If it was just a pre-season game I'd agree with you but he has what is called (by the coppers, not the coaches) form. When the game is there to be won and somebody needs to put their hand up Sylvia - more often than not - is hiding up the back shuffling from one foot to another, looking at the ground. The sad part is that if we ever won a flag with him he will go down as a good player because 21 others would be doing the hard stuff while he picks up a bag of possessions and kicks a couple of goals. I also realise 2003 was probably the worst draft in history - which makes it not his fault he was #3 - but until he actually does something, and does it week after week for a while, I will never rate him as anything more than a couldabeen or prehaps a neverwas. Should he prove me wrong I'll happily change my sig and eat humble pie but I just can't see that happening.

I dont know why people are getting so upset about a pre-season match.

My Issue was that he didn't seem to be hurting after loosing a very important game for the club. Balls now in his court to win a lot of us back and he can only let his actions and game quality do the talking from here.

If it was just a pre-season game I'd agree with you but he has what is called (by the coppers, not the coaches) form. When the game is there to be won and somebody needs to put their hand up Sylvia - more often than not - is hiding up the back shuffling from one foot to another, looking at the ground. The sad part is that if we ever won a flag with him he will go down as a good player because 21 others would be doing the hard stuff while he picks up a bag of possessions and kicks a couple of goals. I also realise 2003 was probably the worst draft in history - which makes it not his fault he was #3 - but until he actually does something, and does it week after week for a while, I will never rate him as anything more than a couldabeen or prehaps a neverwas. Should he prove me wrong I'll happily change my sig and eat humble pie but I just can't see that happening.

Correct in all ways....I am sick of supporting Mediocraty. I do it in no other facet of my life so why should the MFC be any Different. Sylvia must play his Guts out in the practise Games & show something. Otherwise he does not deserve his Ample Wage.

Correct in all ways....I am sick of supporting Mediocraty. I do it in no other facet of my life so why should the MFC be any Different. Sylvia must play his Guts out in the practise Games & show something. Otherwise he does not deserve his Ample Wage.

What about "mediocrity"? :lol: