Wheatley - prolific and reliable

Whelan - tackling to behold

Valenti - just a game

Wonaeamirri - little when needed

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bate was poor and seems to have been down on form for an extended period now.

Bartram is coming back into some form. Very good news.

Bruce has cut back on his hospital passing, but still has trouble with set shots.

Buckley, as you say, used the ball better today. Also getting smarter with his pace.

I though Green was good but 'years best game'? He's had quite a few at this level. B&F bankable.

McDonald looked like 2006 McDonald, but with more open play.

Miller worked hard but his set shot kicking was off today.

MORTON - Surely this weeks rising star, we've all said that before but seriously, what has a guy got to do? 17 Marks!

Newton - Good I thought. Was a real forward.

Sylvia - Also good.

Whelan - looks like he's back. No doubts on decision to keep him on another year.

P. Johnson - I just love this guy.

Everyone but you. Tool!

He takes it too far, but his point is legitimate. This is the sort of thread we should be focussing on in breaking down this game. The win was totally meaningless, but the players' performances were definitely encouraging in many cases. Morton was superb, Jones got back to something near his best, and Martin continued to show promise, amongst other things.

Bate was OK. Constantly presented.

Yeah, I'll give him that. In all honesty, he had a pile of luck against him today. But it seems to keep happening that way.

Just so it's out there - I have no doubt he'll get his touch back and be a good or very good player for many years.

Yeah, I'll give him that. In all honesty, he had a pile of luck against him today. But it seems to keep happening that way.

Just so it's out there - I have no doubt he'll get his touch back and be a good or very good player for many years.

I think the problem is Bate not being the focal point of our forward line. With Miller in such good form and Newton to aim at now, Bate's importance in terms of the delivery he gets, has really been pushed back.

You were harsh on Martin and Maric. Both are young, lets not expect to much of them. Having said this, I still think both were great today. .............

Agree. I was particularly impressed with Maric's composure and disposal. Still a schoolboy but I can't remember him fluffing a a kick or handball.

This post reminds me of Occo losing the plot when we beat Brisbane in round 14 :rolleyes:

Yep mate, I've lost the plot like you wouldn't believe. I'm as ambiguous as the MFC, ie win? - let's lose, lose? - let's win.

Just wanted to shaft the WCE and that lying son-of-a-[censored] Worsfold. (give me some latitude mods).

very harsh on newton. 7 amrks. 2.2 (our highest scorer and ben mckinley kicked 2.3 the only player to kick more). he led all dayy. he always chased and tackled (4 effective tackles). at least 1 tackle resulted in a shot on goal. other tackles resulted in pressure on the ball carrier, and poor disposal. he contested marks and was active all day.

describing him as a cameo really indicates you werent watching the game.

Judging by the poor state of your post, and your avatar, id take a stab in the dark and say you're not the most creative person getting around.

Your stab would be fairly well on target. Yep, my avatar is [censored] poor too.

Guest Colossus_2000
So is Jamar and/or Maric going to get sighted today?

Not unless you can get reported for a push in the back. Maric gave him a slight push, he slid and collided with Jamar. Nothing in it.

That said, hope he recovers, a nasty accident.

Maric is just so smart, and his ball use is first rate. Not sure why the negative comments.

As for Martin, he is simply phenomenal. To come from his background, having had so little time to adapt to AFL and be thrown into a bottom-team's defence is bloody hard. He has handled it like a champ... cool, calm and collected.

Warnock down back was also terrific by the way.

I must out myself as a bit of a Maric fan...that is to say..I think this kid has it in spades..He's a genuine find who will excite in time even more than Aussie does at present.

Maric is quite the clever player. Those that have seen him toil away for the Zebbies will have seen this guy grow by the week. Anothr good preseason and some gym work will see him ok. I can only assume the powers that be want him to do his apprenticeship around the ground as Im looking forward to him being given licence up the sharp end. This is his natural environment but I accept all things in time :)

I'll actually say that Hi Ho Col actually had a reasonable dip today. If he can get his head right..who knows !!

Buckley needs to learn theres a time and a place for all things and stop being a one trick pony..he's far too predicatable

Must be a bout of rubber virus going around the club given the predisposition of certain players to fluff marks ( easy ones )

Still would've been hard to soar like an Eagle today when surrounded by Turkeys !! :rolleyes: