• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

I need to know..

GawnWithTheWind

Just a couple things I wanna know from some decent melbourne followers:

1)

I was at the game last night, like I am every week in melbourne, but at quarter time I was so nervous that we could be beaten 204 to 0. When geelong rushed that behind, I almost felt as happy as a win because we wouldnt go down in history as the team that didnt score. Where does the team go from here?

2)

We have a couple kids developing are any of these kids going to be superstars that we have been lacking for several years now? Have we wasted our draft picks?

3)

Has that win against Carlton last year smashed our chances of getting 2 awesome kids this year?

can someone please fill me in about these topics

thankyou

1) Lets keep things in perspective. Geelong played awesome last night. And last year they beat Port Adelaide in a grand final by more than what they did to us last night. We fielded a team without McLean, Davey, Rivers, Robertson, Neitz (realised he has retired), Garland and Moloney not that they would have won us the game but they are certain starters and would have stemmed the bleeding.

2) IMO it's not really to do with the kids we selected it's how were devloping them, but in future we should only pick up kids who can kick the footy unlike N. Jones

3) Yes. If we had lost to Carlton or the Bulldogs last year Watts and Rich would be coming our way

Its easy to get disillusioned after a thrashing...

but... if you think about it this way----

- we had 8 of our best 18 our injured (Davey, Mclean, Rivers, Garland, Moloney, Robertson, Miller, Bell)

- we are in a massive development stage and most of our team has less than 50 games and is under 23 yrs of age

- Geelong are FAR AWAY the best team in the afl. their entire team in physically mature and in their prime!!!

Did any expect anything but a thrashing? honestly? how could we compete?

3) as far as draft picks are concerned, beating carlton cost us pick 18 last season and pick 2 this season. People should get over this, because the truth is that we lost about 4 games after leading in the last 2 minutes and we actually should have won about 8-9 games last year.

- we had 8 of our best 18 our injured (Davey, Mclean, Rivers, Garland, Moloney, Robertson, Miller, Bell)

- we are in a massive development stage and most of our team has less than 50 games and is under 23 yrs of age

- Geelong are FAR AWAY the best team in the afl. their entire team in physically mature and in their prime!!!

Did any expect anything but a thrashing? honestly? how could we compete?

3) as far as draft picks are concerned, beating carlton cost us pick 18 last season and pick 2 this season. People should get over this, because the truth is that we lost about 4 games after leading in the last 2 minutes and we actually should have won about 8-9 games last year.

The pick 18 lost last year could be replaced by pick 17 this year but we have lost pick 2 this year if we are last.

Yeah, nah.

when i was watching last night i was thinking I cant wait until petterd comes in. a youngster that actually has some skill. Throw in Mclean and Grimes next year and its a big improvement. But yay, Maric is going to be a player and he has great skills.

Great point sylvinator. I wish people would stop bringing that up. Let's not forget how some people turned on Carlton (e.g. 'Carltank') for not winning games last year. Sounds a tad hypocritical to now suggest that we would have been better off tanking. The reality is that we should also have beaten North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, the Bulldogs and Essendon last year, for a total of 9 wins (I could have missed another one, those 4 are games I remember where the margin was small and we led for extended amounts of each game).

Just a couple things I wanna know from some decent melbourne followers:

2)

We have a couple kids developing are any of these kids going to be superstars that we have been lacking for several years now? Have we wasted our draft picks?

I am aslo worried about the picks we have had in the last few years.

Col Garland, Cale Morton, McLean OK. Cant see a star though.

Moloney, Rivers Petterd, Sylvia all have problems or are valued highly from little result.

Others are average at best.

People talk up our recruits but I think most of them are going to be duds or are already on the long term injury lists.

No they didn't. They never got out of third gear, becuase they didn't need to.

Ok. How bout you read the transcript from Mark Thompson's press conference then? He said that was one of their better performances for the season.

I am aslo worried about the picks we have had in the last few years.

Col Garland, Cale Morton, McLean OK. Cant see a star though.

Moloney, Rivers Petterd, Sylvia all have problems or are valued highly from little result.

Others are average at best.

People talk up our recruits but I think most of them are going to be duds or are already on the long term injury lists.

That is one of the worst posts I've ever seen on here, and that is saying something.

You've already decided Cale Morton will just be a player along with Garland and McLean? Bearing in mind Morton is in his FIRST [censored] SEASON and Garland his SECOND [censored] SEASON!

I'm sorry but I'm sick of people with absolutely no [censored] clue on here writing players off after a couple bad games.

End rant.

That is one of the worst posts I've ever seen on here, and that is saying something.

You've already decided Cale Morton will just be a player along with Garland and McLean? Bearing in mind Morton is in his FIRST [censored] SEASON and Garland his SECOND [censored] SEASON!

I'm sorry but I'm sick of people with absolutely no [censored] clue on here writing players off after a couple bad games.

End rant.

i agree 100% with you! :angry:

End rant.

Agree 100%, Morton, Garland, Valenti, Maric, and other young players are going to experience hardship along the way, however they are all the future and a positive one at that.

I remember people writing off Viney, Wight and B. Lovett as useless many years ago, so things haven't changed that much in 25 years or so have they.

You keyboard slap happy jerks just clog up forums with your continual half-full wanks about how good our players are.

You then shout down others because you expect to be backed up by other one-eyed adolescent tools.

How surprising.

How is Morton or Garland deemed to be a star? How is McLean? How is Rivers or Moloney? why dont you try to answer daveytrains question about our impending "superstars"?

good luck thick head

After watching this club play for over 50 years, I believe that this group of kids is as good as any I've seen, including the group Ray Jordan developed in the early to mid 80's.

Last night's game is the best 100 point loss I've seen - and I've seen plenty! Look at the worst players -especially Carroll and White. Skinny kids trying their hardest, being buffeted, pressured as never before, but always putting in. Mistakes being made galore did not stop them from trying again.

It was one of the best lessons they could have had. I have watched every Geelong game this year, because I like the way they play. Last night's was close to their best performance of the year - given the slippery conditions, and the sureness of their ball handling. I applaud them.

Almost everyone of our kids out there did 1 or 2 really good things, and some even more. PJ, given that big men don't reach their best until 25-27, will be a superstar. Buckley will be anything. Warnock will play well over 100 games. Maric was described to me by Robbie Hyde after his 1st game as 'the next Peter Daicos' - he was then 16. He kicked 4 goals in a losing Grand Final. If he hadn't been so nervous in front of goal, his game would have been perfect, given he's one of the youngest kids in the league. Martin made some awful errors, but did some terrific things as well. And so on. I applaud them.

Now they know what they have to become.

Write them off at your peril.

No they didn't. They never got out of third gear, becuase they didn't need to.

Incorrect. They were awesome. (Ref: Ask the Geelong Fans).

I agree davey_magik, Morton, McLean and Garland aren't "Just" players. They will be good players for the Demons.

After watching this club play for over 50 years, I believe that this group of kids is as good as any I've seen, including the group Ray Jordan developed in the early to mid 80's.

Maric was described to me by Robbie Hyde after his 1st game as 'the next Peter Daicos' - he was then 16.

Decent Post Astrodee, I hope we put together a decent group, perhaps a bit better than Ray Jordan's group of the mid 80's...fingers crossed.

I hope Robbie Hyde's opinion holds weight. If Maric is half as good as Daicos was....we'll all be very excited.

Back to the topic....our draft picks over the last couple of years are still coming to fruition and some will blossom earlier than others. IMO we haven't wasted any just yet. More work and development into them needs to be implemented.

Please forget the last game against Carlton last year, its gone. End of Story. Look to the future.

We have a few players who could be "superstars"..

Most likely will be Morton & Garland, he could be one of the great backmen! While Cale could truly be a grat player, wherever he ends up! he has got alot of good judges buzzing..

Yes, we have got some big injuries, however Bell, as mentioned earlier, is not in our best 25, let alone 18!!

Last night's game is the best 100 point loss I've seen - and I've seen plenty! Look at the worst players -especially Carroll and White. Skinny kids trying their hardest, being buffeted, pressured as never before, but always putting in. Mistakes being made galore did not stop them from trying again.

It was one of the best lessons they could have had. I have watched every Geelong game this year, because I like the way they play. Last night's was close to their best performance of the year - given the slippery conditions, and the sureness of their ball handling. I applaud them.

Almost everyone of our kids out there did 1 or 2 really good things, and some even more. PJ, given that big men don't reach their best until 25-27, will be a superstar. Buckley will be anything. Warnock will play well over 100 games. Maric was described to me by Robbie Hyde after his 1st game as 'the next Peter Daicos' - he was then 16. He kicked 4 goals in a losing Grand Final. If he hadn't been so nervous in front of goal, his game would have been perfect, given he's one of the youngest kids in the league. Martin made some awful errors, but did some terrific things as well. And so on. I applaud them.

Good post astrodee, thanks it helps. I also liked what Buckley, Maric & Martin showed. And Valenti. Bate & Dunn needed to lift. Thanks too for your perspective on Geelong, I agree if they play like that through September they are unbeatable. It was no disgrace and we never stopped trying (a big cultural shift for MFC, imo).

Only thing I felt was we let the young players down by not selecting a forward target for them.

Anyway, onwards & upwards!

Interesting POV. I hope you're right :)

Who's Robbie Hyde?

Robbie played over 100 games with peter Daicos at Collingwood, and was the Calder Cannons coach for (I think) 7 years taking them to (again, I think) 3 or 4 flags. He was Maric's coach there until last year when he resigned.

Robbie played over 100 games with peter Daicos at Collingwood, and was the Calder Cannons coach for (I think) 7 years taking them to (again, I think) 3 or 4 flags. He was Maric's coach there until last year when he resigned.

Thanks for that. Impressive wraps from someone that coached Maric.

Very interesting. Hope Maric excels and lives up to his opinion.

1) Lets keep things in perspective. Geelong played awesome last night. And last year they beat Port Adelaide in a grand final by more than what they did to us last night. We fielded a team without McLean, Davey, Rivers, Robertson, Neitz (realised he has retired), Garland and Moloney not that they would have won us the game but they are certain starters and would have stemmed the bleeding.

2) IMO it's not really to do with the kids we selected it's how were devloping them, but in future we should only pick up kids who can kick the footy unlike N. Jones

3) Yes. If we had lost to Carlton or the Bulldogs last year Watts and Rich would be coming our way

3) The exact reason why i hate Mark Riley = He f#$%ed our club big time.