Demonland Player of the Year

45HG

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weighting for this game is a year low .2611 which reflects the miserable performance we saw from the team today. Still, somebody has to get some votes --- so take it away folks!

6,5,4,3,2,1 and please be serious ...

6- Bruce

5- McDonald

4 -Maric

3- Valenti

2- Whelan

1 - P. Johnson

6 Valenti - tried all day. 16 touches 2 goals 1.

5 bruce - went in hard, got a bit of it.

4 martin - fought admirably in defence. i know lonergan kicked goals on him, but everyone kicked goals today, and i thought he did nice things with the ball, and generally read it well.

3 wheelan - attacked it hard as usual. kept stokes quiet for 3 quarters.

2 maric - encouragment votes. did nothing wrong, but i didnt think he really did enough with it. then again, when he got it, we didnt really have options in front of him did he?

1 bartram - thought he did a solid job on ablett all day even though ablett is stronger and faster.

apologies to mcdonald and PJ. but i dont think either did enough consistently. a few times i saw mcdonald not go in for the player or the tackle, i thought he couldve chased, and PJ didnt do quite enough around the stoppages for me.

6. C.Bruce - Stood up a bit.

5. J.McDonald - Put his body on the line.

4. M.Whelan - Simply the wrecker.

3. A.Maric - Composed with the football.

2. J.Frawley - Defended well.

1. S.Martin - Confident under a high ball. Much to work on though.

Wheatley and P.Johnson deserve honourable mensions.

How long can Brocky retain the lead?

78.366 Brock McLean

69.590 Brad Green

53.514 Brad Miller

44.698 Paul Wheatley

43.680 Colin Garland

42.742 Chris Johnson

42.075 Cameron Bruce

40.082 Austin Wonaemirri

40.027 Paul Johnson

37.927 Matthew Bate

33.297 Colin Sylvia

31.490 Aaron Davey

31.241 Cale Morton

29.347 Nathan Jones

26.674 James McDonald

21.411 Simon Buckley

17.896 Lynden Dunn

13.681 Shane Valenti

12.282 Brent Moloney

10.684 Jared Rivers

10.482 Nathan Carroll

10.346 Matthew Warnock

9.523 Stef Martin

8.393 Clint Bartram

8.254 Matthew Whelan

5.265 Russell Robertson

5.164 Mark Jamar

5.087 Jeff White

3.221 Addam Maric

2.845 Adem Yze

0.522 James Frawley

Peoples love affair with Cam Bruce is amazing, IMO he had little impact on the game last night and his disposals can be summed up by looking at one passage of play. he had the ball in the 3rd qtr no pressure forward of centre Aussie has 5-10 break running to goal about 30m away from bruce, all he had to do was put it in front of Aussie and a goal was ours, the kick was a Bruce helecoptor and missed Aussie to the Boundary side by about 20m. The kids playing before the AFL could of kicked the ball better. I'll give him that he did a good job on S Johnson but like all all players that had defensive jobs last night ran away from the footy to focus on the man they were assigned to, note to Dunn, Bartram, and any player that is given a defensive role, if you win the footy that means your oponent cant get it.

6. Whelan

5. McDonald

4. PJ

3. Valenti

2. Maric

1. Martin

Peoples love affair with Cam Bruce is amazing, IMO he had little impact on the game last night and his disposals can be summed up by looking at one passage of play. he had the ball in the 3rd qtr no pressure forward of centre Aussie has 5-10 break running to goal about 30m away from bruce, all he had to do was put it in front of Aussie and a goal was ours, the kick was a Bruce helecoptor and missed Aussie to the Boundary side by about 20m.

What an absolute joke to single out one disposal error in an ok game for Cam in an otherwise disasterous night

for the whole team.

No mention of his 5 effective clearances, 25 mostly effective disposals on a slippery night, all the while beating

Stevie J.

Best for Melbourne in the Age this morning.

I know hes no star but equally he cops it way too much from supporters that lack objectivity like you.

Interestngly he was rated 2nd BOG last week by both coaches. I probably rate their opinion above others here.

Peoples love affair with Cam Bruce is amazing, IMO he had little impact on the game last night and his disposals can be summed up by looking at one passage of play. he had the ball in the 3rd qtr no pressure forward of centre Aussie has 5-10 break running to goal about 30m away from bruce, all he had to do was put it in front of Aussie and a goal was ours, the kick was a Bruce helecoptor and missed Aussie to the Boundary side by about 20m.

What an absolute joke to single out one disposal error in an ok game for Cam in an otherwise disasterous night

for the whole team.

No mention of his 5 effective clearances, 25 mostly effective disposals on a slippery night, all the while beating

Stevie J.

Best for Melbourne in the Age this morning.

I know hes no star but equally he cops it way too much from supporters that lack objectivity like you.

Interestngly he was rated 2nd BOG last week by both coaches. I probably rate their opinion above others here.

Agree Dee Bruce. FWIW my votes:

6. Whelam

5. J McDonald

4. Valenti

3. Bruce

2. P Johnson

1. Me (for watching the whole game)

6: Maric (can see the boomer harvey comparisons)

5: McDonald (never stopped trying)

4: Valenti (definitly will be promoted)

3: Frawley( actually thought he showed something)

2: Whelan (lot of rebound work)

1: A. Wonnaeamirri (least he was chasing out of the forward line)

Peoples love affair with Cam Bruce is amazing, IMO he had little impact on the game last night and his disposals can be summed up by looking at one passage of play. he had the ball in the 3rd qtr no pressure forward of centre Aussie has 5-10 break running to goal about 30m away from bruce, all he had to do was put it in front of Aussie and a goal was ours, the kick was a Bruce helecoptor and missed Aussie to the Boundary side by about 20m. The kids playing before the AFL could of kicked the ball better. I'll give him that he did a good job on S Johnson but like all all players that had defensive jobs last night ran away from the footy to focus on the man they were assigned to, note to Dunn, Bartram, and any player that is given a defensive role, if you win the footy that means your oponent cant get it.

look in general i dont really rate bruce. but i thought last night he worked hard, stood up, went it hard, and did a good job on steve johnson.

we didnt have many winners, but he won his position last night.

Peoples love affair with Cam Bruce is amazing, IMO he had little impact on the game last night

No-one had any impact on the game last night but the damage would have been much worse without Bruce. He fought hard and provided some semblance of leadership in a young side.

People like you need to wake up to the fact MFC does not have any Jonathon Brown, Gary Ablett or Luke Hodge types and give our seniors credit for what they are trying to achieve with less skilled support around them - which adds to the pressure and potential error making.

Fair Dinkum, drdrake, either you're so prejudiced against Cam you should not judge, or you're a shite stirrer. Jump on board with Y_M and pi55 off.

6. Bruce

5. Whelan

4. Maric

3. Valenti

2. JMac

1. PJ

No-one had any impact on the game last night but the damage would have been much worse without Bruce. He fought hard and provided some semblance of leadership in a young side.

People like you need to wake up to the fact MFC does not have any Jonathon Brown, Gary Ablett or Luke Hodge types and give our seniors credit for what they are trying to achieve with less skilled support around them - which adds to the pressure and potential error making.

Fair Dinkum, drdrake, either you're so prejudiced against Cam you should not judge, or you're a shite stirrer. Jump on board with Y_M and pi55 off.

6. Bruce

5. Whelan

4. Maric

3. Valenti

2. JMac

1. PJ

My votes exactly. You must be a good judge 'Dees Dayz'. I also second the motion re 'drdrake'. He is a loser in the YM mould. Might be chums do you think?

My votes exactly. You must be a good judge 'Dees Dayz'. I also second the motion re 'drdrake'. He is a loser in the YM mould. Might be chums do you think?

You must have been pretty happy when Bruce had the ball 60 out from goal, then decided to kick it backwards (instead of putting it into an area that Melbourne could score from) which resulted in a turnover and subsequent goal to Geelong.

I was thrilled.

You must have been pretty happy when Bruce had the ball 60 out from goal, then decided to kick it backwards (instead of putting it into an area that Melbourne could score from) which resulted in a turnover and subsequent goal to Geelong.

I was thrilled.

WOW! One mistake! Shocking. Cost us the game! Pathetic comment. Another Bruce basher. Have a beer or two with YM.

WOW! One mistake! Shocking. Cost us the game! Pathetic comment. Another Bruce basher. Have a beer or two with YM.

Stop pigeon holing posters BMc, it's pathetic. I was right in front of that piece of play and it was insipid and stupid and not his only mistake for the night. The fact that he is getting B.O.Gs on here is absolutely laughable, and I am not a Bruce basher. Valenti, Whelan and McDonald were all clearly better, harder and smarter last night and I was 5 rows back for 4 soggy quarters.