• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Cale Morton - Rising Star nomination

Whispering_Jack

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for Morton, I still get scared he's going to break when he gets crunched in a tackle.

Haha so true! When he smothered a ball yesterday i was worried he'd end up with a couple of broken arms

until mr daziel got another 35 touches tonight for the lions...

No chance. Dalzeill is a little like palmer, bad effeciency and just racks up the cheaper possies.

Morton used the ball well yesterday when the heat was on, kicking 3 goals and 2 in the final quarter. Not too mention his good form throughout the year.

If he doesn't get it it's a disgrace.

Mortons efficiency is a funny one.

He does a lot of kicks that are off line, but generally in terms of over-doing the 'to the advantage of' factor. So the target often gets the ball anyway, they just tend to be under a bit more pressure than they should be.

Mix that in with a couple of truly ugly looking 'slaps' at the ball which go anywhere and nowhere, it makes a bad impression.

It's interesting - when I watched the pre-season practice sessions up here in Canberra there were two things you immediately noticed about Cale - very very good at working free and finding space, and occasionally his foot turns to sausage mince when he kicks. It even sounds bad.

Oh, I suppose three things - he's a skinny teenage kid.

Can't wait till he's in his early twenties and become Reiwolt-sized and developed a reliable kicking action!

Is Dalziell even eligible? He was taken as a 'mature' age recruit from the WAFL. I heard some conjecture on SEN last week as to wether he was just too old or similar. Either way the nominations tend to be given for persistence over a sustained period rather than one outstanding game, so I think it would definitely be Mortons turn this week.

Which takes our number of nominations this year to 3, which is a great sign for the future...

Is Dalziell even eligible? He was taken as a 'mature' age recruit from the WAFL. I heard some conjecture on SEN last week as to wether he was just too old or similar. Either way the nominations tend to be given for persistence over a sustained period rather than one outstanding game, so I think it would definitely be Mortons turn this week.

Which takes our number of nominations this year to 3, which is a great sign for the future...

Buckley must be a chance to snare one soon as well. I am sure he has a 30 possessions, 2 goal game in him this year.

Guest Schtacker
Buckley must be a chance to snare one soon as well. I am sure he has a 30 possessions, 2 goal game in him this year.

Morton

Wonaeamirri

Valenti

Garland

Dunn

Buckley

Martin

CJ

PJ

Maric

Warnock

Miller

all 25-and-under, excellent season for us in terms of youth development. We also have a little wildcard called GRIMES up our sleeve plus more good picks this year. 2010 will be a great year for us I feel

Buckley must be a chance to snare one soon as well.

I hope so.

He deserves one soon too you'd think. Averaging around 20 disposals and having the flair and confidence to run as boldly as he does in his second year isnt bad, surely he deserves one before the yer is out.

Like Cale, his kicking and decision making might need a bit of work, but they both find the ball so easily and gee, the boy Bucks can really run.

If we can get all 3 of Aussie, Cale and Garland, and maybe Bucks too, in the top 10 of the rising star comp this year, you've gotta be pretty happy with that as a Melbourne supporter!

Yeh Dalziell is eligible and I think he will get nominated this week. Morton's disposals were sub-afl standard in the first half...especially the kick from 35m that went out on the full. Other than that, a good game.

Would not be a chance on his disposals yesterday espec when on his own no pressure clangers but keeps improving

Yeh Dalziell is eligible and I think he will get nominated this week. Morton's disposals were sub-afl standard in the first half...especially the kick from 35m that went out on the full.

I'm astonished that the supporters on this site have no real clue as to the gem they have on their hands.

I hope Morton gets the nomination. I think he'll get the nod over Dalziell simply because Morton has been a contender for a nomination since Round 1 and has probably been trouble the Rising Star selectors most rounds this year.

In saying that, Dalziell sounds like he'll be an absolute gun (and he's a dream to have in dream team!). Chris Mayne is another guy who should be getting a nomination sometime soon.

Hopefully be seasons end, Morton, Buckley and Valenti could all pick up nominations. Sounds like quite a task, but they all deserve it.

Make no mistake. We have a future superstar in our hands. Yes , he has had some horrendous turnovers(the whole team has just quietly!) but the main thing we should concern ourselves about is his ability to find the ball and find space on a regular basis. He will fill out over summer, get fitter and gain more confidence with a stronger body. He butchered the ball early yesterday but his ability to overcome a pretty ordinary start to the match and put in a blinder in the last quarter was a pleasure to watch.

Guest Schtacker
If ever there was a lock that Morton will get it it's now. I have no doubt that Morton will get it.

I'm astonished that the supporters on this site have no real clue as to the gem they have on their hands.

Oh yes let's take the thread and put the Hannabal-patented 'i know everything better than all of you' angle on it

Always a pleasure to read

Here Here! About time someone got off the kids back and realised what a gun he's going to be. How many 18 year olds his size and (lack of ) weight are running around in developing afl sides with no real leaders to show the way? Have you all forgotten his earlier games, especially against geelong, where his decision making and foot skills were awesome? It's a confidence thing. Get off his back!

If ever there was a lock that Morton will get it it's now. I have no doubt that Morton will get it.

:lol::lol:

Exactly right Hannibal. The criticism of Morton on this site is beyond belief (but true to form for Freak :lol: )

Make no mistake. We have a future superstar in our hands. Yes , he has had some horrendous turnovers(the whole team has just quietly!) but the main thing we should concern ourselves about is his ability to find the ball and find space on a regular basis. He will fill out over summer, get fitter and gain more confidence with a stronger body. He butchered the ball early yesterday but his ability to overcome a pretty ordinary start to the match and put in a blinder in the last quarter was a pleasure to watch.

Spot on. Love watching this kid play. He has a special element that only champions have. It's called time with the ball. To me, he has much of the skill that Travis displayed when he came on the scene but looks to have the genes and the work ethic to make something of himself.

Saw a list of favourites for The NAB Rising Star last week with half-a-dozen or so players with Rhys Palmer, Rioli, Cotchin, etc. Was somewhat disappointed and bemused that Cale Morton wasn't listed.

I'll be on the lookout again this week to see an update - Morton should be in the top 5 listed as far as I'm concerned..............and if he is not listed.....I'll.... <_<

strange wonna isnt up there too...how many first year/rookies are leading their club goal kicking after 17 rounds or whatever it is? with miller out he might just win it...

unfortuantely it is all about your 'name'. palmer will get it over morton (although palmer has been getting more of it). rioli will always be voted ahead of wonna. even though imo it is probably not justified based n performance...

(for those interested: wonna 15 games, averaging 11.5 possies and 1.5 goals per game. cyril 18 games, averaging 13.5 possies and .8 goals per game. and morton 15 games, 17.5 possies and .7 goals. palmer 16 games, 22.9 possies and .4 goals) something i didnt realise is that palmer is 11 months older than morton. and fwiw morton and palmer are listed at very similar weights but morton is 10cm taller.

strange wonna isnt up there too...how many first year/rookies are leading their club goal kicking after 17 rounds or whatever it is? with miller out he might just win it...

unfortuantely it is all about your 'name'. palmer will get it over morton. rioli will always be voted ahead of wonna. even though imo it is probably not justified based n performance...

Cotchin is currently second favourite.