Nathan Buckley

H_T

Nathan Buckley  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

do you think he will want to join?? I think if he was gana go sumwhere he would stay with the filth. Could see him as collingwoods next coach.

do you think he will want to join?? I think if he was gana go sumwhere he would stay with the filth. Could see him as collingwoods next coach.

Probably will stay under the bed sheets with Ed and the Filth, but I reckon he's quality as a future coach. Maybe something the Gold Coast Iron Men should consider!?

Great Player but can he coach?

We dont need rookies in the staff list. We need to get experienced coaches who know how to get results.

I dont think I could stand "Demonlanders" saying he will be better next year, or the year after, or lets give him a chance to develop!!

Great Player but can he coach?

We dont need rookies in the staff list. We need to get experienced coaches who know how to get results.

I dont think I could stand "Demonlanders" saying he will be better next year, or the year after, or lets give him a chance to develop!!

Thats your opinion. So far voting would say he has enough experience and knowledge to do the job from go.

What coaching experiance has Buckley got????

Just as much as Michael Voss. None. But as a captain, and his thoughts on the game, when injured, he coached with Malthouse helping out the youngsters in the understanding of the game plan(s).

Nearly 300 games worth of experience, thats what he's got, and he's just out of the game.

You don't need a hell of alot of experience to be an "assistant coach" anyway. Just ask Josh Mahoney.

No need to be naive.

Although I loath him, he would be a fantastic midfield coach for our young players. He was an incredibly hard trainer and a fantastic leader, and he knows a thing or two about midfield setups.

A FIGJAM he may be, but if he's keen for an assistant gig I'd definitely interview him.

By the way, most assistant coaches start out with little or no coaching experience. That's why they begin as assistances and work their way up. I don't think experience is the most important thing when you employee assistant coaches.

Our assistants are OK but we need to get rid of Williams move Josh Mohoney into midfield and have Neita as forwards coach with the Ox part time

That's interesting...the Ox is at the Bulldogs...must be poached for that to happen.

Nevertheless this is a very popular topic, and is receiving more hits than tickets being sold for the new Batman movie.....

It shouldn't be a question of would we, but why wouldn't we?

If the only reason is that he may move on to the Pies within a couple of years, or that he's black and white through and through, then that's nothing.

We shouldn't overlook ANY assistant coaches, not if they help our cause.

The Champion player staus of Buckley isnt a pre requisite for the role but he would at least get immeadiate respect

There is no doubting his game analysis expertise but coaching is much more than that

Time will tell but to me he is a natuaral football person and will make an excellent coach

Ex players like David King , John Longmire and Chris Bond are also coaches in waiting

That's interesting...the Ox is at the Bulldogs...must be poached for that to happen.

Nevertheless this is a very popular topic, and is receiving more hits than tickets being sold for the new Batman movie.....

Did here a rumour a while back that OX may return next year. (Also heard we were inline for $20,000,000 if we became the Bombay Demons) So I have no idea if it's true

Could coach the players in;

1. No hard ball gets,

2. Circle work - ie running around packs,

3. What it's like to not win a premiership in your career (Have enough of those experts),

4. Changing clubs for money,

5. How to deal with supporters with an IQ less than the number of teeth in their mouths.

Couldn't stand him as a player but he has shown this year (through his commentary) that he has a very analytical nature and a clear understanding of the game. Also, he has made the transition from player to analyst far more smoothly (and quickly) than anyone else I've seen in the last ten years.

If he was available and wanted to come, I'd take him as an assistant coach in a heartbeat. Certainly before Voss who I am starting to think played the game more on instinct given his Walls-esque take on the game.

The other one we should look at if available, is Luke Darcy. Basically for the same reasons as above.

Could coach the players in;

1. No hard ball gets,

2. Circle work - ie running around packs,

3. What it's like to not win a premiership in your career (Have enough of those experts),

4. Changing clubs for money,

5. How to deal with supporters with an IQ less than the number of teeth in their mouths.

:o:lol: