Daniher didnt give us a spine in 10 years. Bailey will do it in 1.

Yze_Magic

Hell, in 2002 we were even playing Bizzell and Robertson at CHB and CHF respectively.

In that same year, we had a revolving door at Full back which included the likes of Chris lamb and Alistair Nicholson.

Daniher had 10 years to develop a young developing spine, and he failed miserably.

Now lets look at Bailey.

By years end, we will have a legit up and coming Full back in Colin Garland.

He has somehow turned Miller into a dangerous forward.

Bate is a dynamo at CHF.

Warnock has been solid as a key back and will get better.

I am positive that Dean Bailey will be after Jack Watts in the National Draft to give us a marquee forward in the Riewoldt/Brown/Pavlich mould, one we havent had since Neitz in 2002. And before that, Schwarz and Lyon in 1994.

By years end, we will have a young exciting spine that will have us salivating. Add to the fact that Cale Morton will end up capable of playing in a key position, and things are looking damn good. And lets not forget the 206 cm Robbie Warnock as well. And Frawley is still waiting in the wings too.

Bring on 2009.

Bate is a dynamo at CHF.

Bring on 2009.

Be Careful!

A much as I tend to agree with you, Miller is far from a dangerous forward. I am right on the Miller band wagon, (in fact I like to think that I put the wheels on and started pushing). he has had a great year, has been I think our 2nd (behind Aussie) for goal conversion, but he really does need to improve on his set shots. Much like Bate, just needs to kick straight.

I think that Miller has finally be able to prove himself as a Number 8 pick by being played in the same position week in week out, and has shown to be a true leader, like the club hoped he would, but lets not count our chickens yet!!

GO DEEES!!!!!!!!

We all heard ND at the end of 2002 stating that our spine needed to be strenghtened. Unfortunatly every early draft pick tall was no good oyr injuried. Our two best KPP from 2000-04 draft are late picks in Rivers and Miller.

We now have

KPB Warnock, Garland, Martin, Rivers, Frawley

KPF Bate, Miller, Newton

We need to draft with our first 3 picks in this draft the best KPF in the draft, our keys backs look good but key forwards are very light on.

I gotta stick up for Neale here,he was searching for a spine from day one.We didn't have early enough picks to draft the decent KPP and the ones we did draft turned out to be hacks.You can only pick from a group of footballers that are there.

Drafting is a very luck oriented.When we finally had 2 early draft picks,we took Sylvia at 3 and Mclean at 5.Sylvia is not a bad player but he's not a number 3 draft pick's bootlace!!!

Now if we had picks 3 & 5 in the Buddy draft,we could have picked up Buddy and Roughead,but we had 3 & 5 in a very weak draft.

We are a long way off having a good spine.

Garland looks promising but needs to bulk up to compete body on body,but does well on the lead,very quick for his size

Warnock may be something but like Garland needs more strength,these two should start 2009 a lot stronger with a pre season in the gym

Bate is NOT a CHF,he's a flanker and i love watching him on the run entering 50,having a ping

Miller's done nothing in 7 seasons,apart from a good game every now and then,consistency kills him,The game against the Lions happens rarely,we need that performance at least 10 times a year,we need 50+ goals a year from him.

Newton,what the hell is he doing????? Our 2 key forwards go down with season/career ending injuries and Newton is running around in the VFL,Geez if you ever wanted to break into an AFL forward line,the time was months ago,i didn't rate him anyway.

I remember Neale saying we'll never be a top team until we can put a good spine together but we didn't have the early picks and River's has missed more games than he's played the last few years.

Sylvia is not a bad player but he's not a number 3 draft pick's bootlace!!!

Number 3 draft picks.

2000 - Alan Didak

2001 - Chris Judd

2002 - Jared Brennan

2003 - Colin Sylvia

2004 - Ryan Griffen

2005 - Xavier Ellis

Certainly wasn't the best draft to have Number 3. Has been injured alot though, and is showing signs of coming good.

If you look at the rest of the 2003 draft i think we picked very well though.

2003 Draft

1 - Adam Cooney

2- Andrew Walker

3 - Colin Sylvia

4 - Farren Ray

5 - Brock Mclean

6 - Kepler Bradley

7 - Kane Tenace

8 - Raph Clarke

9 - David Trotter

10 - Ryley Dunn

No real KPP in the top ten.

Number 3 draft picks.

2000 - Alan Didak

2001 - Chris Judd

2002 - Jared Brennan

2003 - Colin Sylvia

2004 - Ryan Griffen

2005 - Xavier Ellis

Certainly wasn't the best draft to have Number 3. Has been injured alot though, and is showing signs of coming good.

If you look at the rest of the 2003 draft i think we picked very well though.

2003 Draft

1 - Adam Cooney

2- Andrew Walker

3 - Colin Sylvia

4 - Farren Ray

5 - Brock Mclean

6 - Kepler Bradley

7 - Kane Tenace

8 - Raph Clarke

9 - David Trotter

10 - Ryley Dunn

No real KPP in the top ten.

We drafted very well.

Sylvia will be a star, and Brock would have won th Bluey this year if not for his ankle.

Imagine we had taken Kepley bradley, Raph Clarke, David Trotter, Ryley Dunn or Kane Tenace?

We did very well.

Hell, in 2002 we were even playing Bizzell and Robertson at CHB and CHF respectively.

In that same year, we had a revolving door at Full back which included the likes of Chris lamb and Alistair Nicholson.

Daniher had 10 years to develop a young developing spine, and he failed miserably.

Now lets look at Bailey.

By years end, we will have a legit up and coming Full back in Colin Garland.

Bate is a dynamo at CHF.

Warnock has been solid as a key back and will get better.

I am positive that Dean Bailey will be after Jack Watts in the National Draft to give us a marquee forward in the Riewoldt/Brown/Pavlich mould, one we havent had since Neitz in 2002. And before that, Schwarz and Lyon in 1994.

By years end, we will have a young exciting spine that will have us salivating. Add to the fact that Cale Morton will end up capable of playing in a key position, and things are looking damn good. And lets not forget the 206 cm Robbie Warnock as well. And Frawley is still waiting in the wings too.

Bring on 2009.

Correct me if im wrong but, the players that you speak of (except Morton) weren’t they drafted by Daniher

Sylvia will be a star,when and at what?

You have a perception he'll be a star.

I go with reality of what he's done in 5 years.

He'll be a handy forward,never a star!!!

We did very well.

....in a what is turning out to be a stinker of a draft talent wise (ex Adam Cooney).

If we had 3 and 5 in most other years we would have had players who have made a greater impact.

Despite your love for him, Sylvia still has to prove himself a dependable and solid player. He is not the game breaking star we had hoped and wished for.

Drafting is a very luck oriented.When we finally had 2 early draft picks,we took Sylvia at 3 and Mclean at 5.Sylvia is not a bad player but he's not a number 3 draft pick's bootlace!!!

Now if we had picks 3 & 5 in the Buddy draft,we could have picked up Buddy and Roughead,but we had 3 & 5 in a very weak draft.

Sylvia's been injured for most of his time at the club. I'm not even sure that he's had a full preseason. His form under Bailey has improved as his groin has strenghthened. When he finishes playing out the year and does a full preseason he will show all the doubters what he is capable of. I for one will continue to back him as when you watch him closely you don't have to use luck to know that he is a very very good footballer. With the right coaching he will tear opposition defences apart and probably get some time in the midfield.

Warnock may be something

Bate is NOT a CHF,he's a flanker

Miller's done nothing in 7 seasons,apart from a good game every now and then.

Correct Bate isn't a CHF but Watts/Hurley is

Miller's got full forward written all over him

Garland, Warnock, Martin all look like KP prospects

Don't forget Newton. I realise we should all have our doubts but if the weekends Sandy game is anything to go by DB is teaching this kid what it means to play AFL football for the new MFC. Then there's Rivers who still may comeback

This doesn't appear to be too far off a spine.

The best way to develop the team we need is a sprinkling of stars and alot of hard work and good coaching. I reckon this club is on the verge of something big

Despite your love for him, Sylvia still has to prove himself a dependable and solid player. He is not the game breaking star we had hoped and wished for.

Not yet. But he will be.

I hate to [censored] on the party guys, but Newton has done NOTHING to suggest he will be a part of the new spine for the MFC. Sure, he has been under an injury cloud, but he has not taken the strides this year that he should of. Warnock was on the "lets delist" list a few months ago, look at what some hard work has done for his career. We need the same form Newton, otherwise he will join the long list of "KPP" that couldn't make the grade.

I am all for Newton, but he needs to show us something special before this season closes.

Correct me if im wrong but, the players that you speak of (except Morton) weren’t they drafted by Daniher

You are wrong.

They were drafred by Craig Cameron.

i reckon both sylvia and newton can become great players, only if they apply themselves. Hopefully bails does the right thing and steers them in the right direction. I reckon if newton does start to come good, he should model his game around richo.

We all heard ND at the end of 2002 stating that our spine needed to be strenghtened. Unfortunatly every early draft pick tall was no good oyr injuried. Our two best KPP from 2000-04 draft are late picks in Rivers and Miller.

We now have

KPB Warnock, Garland, Martin, Rivers, Frawley

KPF Bate, Miller, Newton

We need to draft with our first 3 picks in this draft the best KPF in the draft, our keys backs look good but key forwards are very light on.

Ok, let's analyse our imposing list of key position players, one by one:

Warnock - Probable delist early in the year, who's played ok in some games, but been slaughtered recently.

Garland - Very promising player, who with maturity could end up being a CHF.

Martin - Played 1 ordinary game to date.

Rivers - An injury plagued star, who doesn't play on the opposition's best forward.

Frawley - A player with poor skills who's yet to make any impact.

Bate - Not a key position CHF.

Miller - In 7 seasons, I doubt that he's played 5 games where he's been in the best 3 on the ground.

Newton - Shown promise, but his football could go either way.

So from that list, the only KPP with established credentials is Rivers, and he's rarely on the park.

Warnock - Probable delist early in the year, who's played ok in some games, but been slaughtered recently.

Rivers - An injury plagued star, who doesn't play on the opposition's best forward.

Miller - In 7 seasons, I doubt that he's played 5 games where he's been in the best 3 on the ground.

So from that list, the only KPP with established credentials is Rivers, and he's rarely on the park.

It's a sobering analysis, isn't it? It just highlights though that we're a long way off from being competitve.

That 20% to 25% of our list thats either injured, questionable or green. Neitz has gone and was shadow of his best this year You can add Carroll to that list with appropriate question marks. Makes a contradiction of your claim we were side capable of finals. ;)

Or you could look at it like this

Warnock - Improving and learning, looks a likely type

Garland - Giant steps this year. With continued hard work could well become a top liner

Martin - Raw. Good size, appears mobile. Strong overhead - shows alot of promise for a young bigman

Rivers - enough said

Frawley - Too early to tell. Showed alot as a junior and will be given appropriate time to develop

Miller - Slow developer but finally being played in position for extended period, Works as hard as anyone and has gone a long way this year to fulfilling his early promise. Definately a KPP for the club

Newton - Finally being forced to pull his finger out and may yet use his talents to become a successful KPP

Watts - Not yet recruited but looks a likely type

So from this list, you would suggest that finally the Demons are on the right track.

That 20% to 25% of our list thats either injured, questionable or green. Neitz has gone and was shadow of his best this year You can add Carroll to that list with appropriate question marks. Makes a contradiction of your claim we were side capable of finals. ;)

Rhino, if you did an analysis of the Western Bulldogs spine, it wouldn't be too different to ours, and they're sitting on top of the ladder.

I gotta stick up for Neale here,he was searching for a spine from day one.We didn't have early enough picks to draft the decent KPP and the ones we did draft turned out to be hacks.You can only pick from a group of footballers that are there.

Garland looks promising but needs to bulk up to compete body on body,but does well on the lead,very quick for his size

Warnock may be something but like Garland needs more strength,these two should start 2009 a lot stronger with a pre season in the gym

Bate is NOT a CHF,he's a flanker and i love watching him on the run entering 50,having a ping

Miller's done nothing in 7 seasons,apart from a good game every now and then,consistency kills him,The game against the Lions happens rarely,we need that performance at least 10 times a year,we need 50+ goals a year from him.

Newton,what the hell is he doing????? Our 2 key forwards go down with season/career ending injuries and Newton is running around in the VFL,Geez if you ever wanted to break into an AFL forward line,the time was months ago,i didn't rate him anyway.

I remember Neale saying we'll never be a top team until we can put a good spine together but we didn't have the early picks and River's has missed more games than he's played the last few years.

I too want to stick up for The Rev - 7 finals appearances in 10 years (meaning few top 10 draft picks) - the public face of the club - home games in Brisbane derailing every season - people on this site have very short memories.

It's pleasing that Garland & Warnock are coming of age but it hardly signals some stroke of genious on Bailey's part - we've pinched 2 games by less than a goal and there are no expectations on the coach this year..at all ! The jury is well and truly out from my perspective - time will tell :angry: