Who will be out the door at seasons end?

demonique

I know it is early days but nothing like forward planning.

OUT: White (1),Yze(2),Bruce(3),Jamar(4),Carroll (5).

All for various reasons including 1 Over the hill, 2 Selfish, 3 Brainless, 4 No Guts, 5 Slow, 6 Can't kick,& Can't think and run at the same time. 8, No awareness, 9, Can't handball.

Heaps a other reasons you could throw in.

Whether they are gone we'll soon see but I'm sure there will be surprises among the predictables when the big cull comes at the end of the season!!!

So depressed after todays match to put it mildly!!!!!!!!

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say Bruce is brainless. I actually think he has a good football brain, but his disposal is mediocre and doesn't go in hard enough.

I wouldn't say Bruce is brainless. I actually think he has a good football brain, but his disposal is mediocre and doesn't go in hard enough.

I believe Bruce has lost his nerve, he has never recovered mentally after being flattened by Guerra a few years back IMO

How much longer do we persist with Sylvia?

Will Juinor go on?

Is Daniel Bell the small defender we need?

Sylvia, Newton and Bell should be put on the market. I'd take a second round pick for any of these (although we'll be lucky to get a third round pick for Newton).

Additionally, anyone over the age of 28 can pack their bags. If Robbo can come back from injury, he stays because he is still contracted and frankly he is the only forward we've got. Junior can have another year if he so wishes.

White, Yze and Holland should be forced to retire. Bruce should be traded, get whatever we can while we can. Likewise Carroll.

Whelan may well retire if he can't get himself on the field.

Jamar is contracted I believe, and IMO he is an insurance policy we have to have.

Get as many draft picks as possible and keep building around our core group of under 23's. It's the only thing we can do to ensure we survive in the long term.

Will Juinor go on?

Sylvia will probably be worth a trade as someone may see some value in him. He has given us nought though! He needs a big game against Pies or he could be back to Sandy for a few weeks. How much longer do we have to wait to see how good he is supposed to be. 2 or 3 good games a year doent cut it. Terribly injury prone which is a damn shame for him unfortunately, but another reason to cut our losses now!

I hope Junior keeps going, even though he is down on previous years you can never doubt his efforts and this can rub off on the youngsters

Bell has been ordinary too, but we have to persist . Still think there is a very good player in him in a year or 2!

LOL @ anyone that wants to get rid of Sylvia. Despite still having injuries, he has had a fine season.

List of players that must go -

Bruce - I dont care what we get, just get rid of him. Ill take pick 85.

White - finished at AFL level. No influence at all on games. Will retire.

Jamar - enough said

Miller - enough said

Yze - will retire

Holland - will retire

Bell - should be put on the trade table.

Newton - might fetch something in trade week.

LOL @ anyone that wants to get rid of Sylvia. Despite still having injuries, he has had a fine season.

Jamar - enough said

Miller - enough said

Yze - will retire

Holland - will retire

i agree with you YM but keep miller...

also, get rid of sylvia...has not fulfilled potential and from an outsiders point of view, doesnt have a great attitude. great player but i was put off him after the incedent

Unfortunately the cleaning up of our dead-wood will take 2 more years (and started last year). The reason for this is that we have lots of players retiring in the next year of 2 and thus must keep a few young duds on our list.

Retired: already 4-5 players.

White - He may play one more season, which i think he should. However his end will either come this year or next

McDonald- see White.

Yze- is clearly playing his last season. Our list is at the stage where all old players are gawwnnn unless they are core important player. Yze is not.

Holland- see Yze

Neitz- obviuosly retired

Whelan- Has been consistently injured for the past 4 years. his body has failed him and he is now close to 30 yrs old. love him so v unfortunate.

Delisted: 4 players

Isaac Weetra- GAWN! is hopeless and was a speculative pick to start with.

Carrol- Has been a loyal servant but has now been surpassed by more talented and younger KPP (Garland,Rivers,Frawley,Warnock,Martin...)

Bode- GAWN- is hopeless and was only a rookie elevation so watevs.

C.Johnson- The guy might have something but clearly no MFC coach has ever rated him as he continues to rot at sandy

No list can really handle more than 9 changes in 1 season...so players like Jamar (who somehow got a 2yr deal at the start of the yr), Wheatley and Meesan get a reprieve for 1 more season.

I wholeheartedly agree to any trade for a first or second round pick for ANY of our players over the age of 24. This includes, Bruce, Green or whoever.

lets hope this years draft is the best ever!

Jamar - enough said

Miller - enough said

Yze - will retire

Holland - will retire

The difference between what we WANT and what will happen is enormous...

WANT 20 of our players to be gotten rid of. That can't be done in one off season (or two for that matter)...

What WILL happen is this...

Bruce, Miiller, Newton and Bell will be retained. They've done enough and it's not like we're squeezing out a Schneider because the team is full of stars. Anyone with value will be kept. White has his ups and downs, but he'll be retained most likely. Maybe traded. Given the trading of older ruckmen in recent years, he may be worth a 3rd rounder or something. With a half-ecent midfield he'd be made to look VERY good.

Holland will retire, and good on him, he's done what he was there to do... He will be missed more than people think... we will not have any gorillas left when he is gone which will leave us vulnerable in some ways. There'll be no-one to take the big boys, and no-one for Davey and co to crumb off... Just look at the Hawks game.

Newton is more likely to be delisted. No-one's going to use more than a mid-range psd pick for him...

Y_M getting on here and masturbating, as is his wont, will not change the fact that Bruce is a good footballer and will either keep his spot or earn us a second rounder, which is a GREAT return for an older midfielder who we got in the 60s...

Oh, and "junk time" Yze will go too. And there's no reason to stick the boot in... he's finished at AFL level, and there's nothing wrong with that.

The difference between what we WANT and what will happen is enormous...

WANT 20 of our players to be gotten rid of. That can't be done in one off season (or two for that matter)...

What WILL happen is this...

Bruce, Miiller, Newton and Bell will be retained. They've done enough and it's not like we're squeezing out a Schneider because the team is full of stars. Anyone with value will be kept. White has his ups and downs, but he'll be retained most likely. Maybe traded. Given the trading of older ruckmen in recent years, he may be worth a 3rd rounder or something. With a half-ecent midfield he'd be made to look VERY good.

Holland will retire, and good on him, he's done what he was there to do... He will be missed more than people think... we will not have any gorillas left when he is gone which will leave us vulnerable in some ways. There'll be no-one to take the big boys, and no-one for Davey and co to crumb off... Just look at the Hawks game.

Newton is more likely to be delisted. No-one's going to use more than a mid-range psd pick for him...

Y_M getting on here and masturbating, as is his wont, will not change the fact that Bruce is a good footballer and will either keep his spot or earn us a second rounder, which is a GREAT return for an older midfielder who we got in the 60s...

Oh, and "junk time" Yze will go too. And there's no reason to stick the boot in... he's finished at AFL level, and there's nothing wrong with that.

A sane post Dan.

Bruce will stay - he has a contract. If traded, he might be better bait than some suggest - a big motor counts for heaps.

Miller? - Sydney wanted him last year, and I bet still want him if available. I think we should keep him. My bet is Bailey will keep him.

Silvia - get what we can by way of trade. Might be best for him and us; new club, new start. He does best when put in the back line, but that's where all our new blood is. In the Mid-field and forward, he's a disaster.

Newton - will be delisted. Nobody will want him (depends on contract of course).

Yze should go now. his 2 games this year have been as part of the 2 most pathetic efforts. Won't play again anyway. (He is part of the leadership group tho'. :lol: )

And I agree with the White comments.

Yeah. Can't really argue with much of that...

There will be comings and goings at the end of the year that were planned before the season even began.

We always knew Ooze, Neitz, Holland, would all be gone... along with probably CJ, Jamar...

The interesting thing is who will be traded...

I want us to talk to someone like the Saints, or Tigers who will be around the 10th mark...

If we can offload one of our many in-and-unders who has a profile to a club that would take one... We could maybe get a pick 6 or so...

That would be Naitanui/Rich... and then one of these fantastic talls that everyone's talking about...

It'll go something like Naitanui, Rich, Hurley, Watts and then there are a bunch of good talls apparently...

I wouldn't get rid of Jones for the WORLD, but he could POSSIBLY attract a first rounder, and today I found myself asking - "Would Jones be worth trading for a good CHF?

I couldn't answer immediately...

I wouldn't get rid of Jones for the WORLD, but he could POSSIBLY attract a first rounder, and today I found myself asking - "Would Jones be worth trading for a good CHF?

I couldn't answer immediately...

I can - Yes in a blink.

Jones is a worry for me; I started another topic about him. I really like the way he plays, BUT he seems to have no time in close, and has poor skills/decision making when free. Sadly, I don't think he will ever be a gun, so not sure where that leaves him and us. Maybe if he was surrounded by a quality mid-field he might be something.

For mine,

Out: White, Neitz, Yze, Jamar, Bartram, McDonald, Bruce, Miller, Silvia and probably Holland, even though I would like him to stick around for another year.

Bartram? Yes he is down on form to where he was 2 years ago but back then was highly rated by Voss...who I'd rate a fair judge and saw him up close.

Clint is only 20 and still learning the game, I wouldn't be in a huge hurry to move him on right now.

OUT

Retire: White, Yze, Holland, Mcdonald, Whelan.

Traded: Bruce (for a top 25 pick). CJ and pick 35 for Warnock?

(Also maybe get rid of Jamar for pick 90)

De-listed: Bode, Weetra.

(Maybe Meesen)

Thats 9 players out.

IN

Draft pick 1 (Natanui), 17, 18, 21-25 (for Bruce?) and another draft pick?

Warnock

Best pre-season draft choice.

Elevated rookies, Wonaeamirri, Valenti.

Thats 9 players under 21 in.

B: Bartram Warnock Rivers

HB: Grimes Garland Wheatley

C: Morton Jones Davey

HF: Green Miller Bate

FP: Wonaeamirri PJ or Newton Maric

R: Warnock Mclean Buckley

Inter: Moloney, Petterd, Natanui, Sylvia.

Pushing selection: Valenti, PJ or Newton, Bell, Dunn, other draft picks, Martin and Miller.

If we could do this our future would look very good.

Guest unstable punt

Will Juinor go on?

l thought Sylvia was one of our better yesterday, seemed to put in a lot harder than most

OUT

B: Bartram Warnock Rivers

HB: Grimes Garland Wheatley

C: Morton Jones Davey

HF: Green Miller Bate

FP: Wonaeamirri PJ or Newton Maric

R: Warnock Mclean Buckley

Inter: Moloney, Petterd, Natanui, Sylvia.

Pushing selection: Valenti, PJ or Newton, Bell, Dunn, other draft picks, Martin and Miller.

If we could do this our future would look very good.

J.Frawley is a BIG part of our future. not many 19 yr olds key defenders set the house on fire. Warnock wasn't even on an afl list at that age and only now has started to play some good footy.

when he bulks and gets some games under his belt he'll be a ripper

J.Frawley is a BIG part of our future. not many 19 yr olds key defenders set the house on fire. Warnock wasn't even on an afl list at that age and only now has started to play some good footy.

when he bulks and gets some games under his belt he'll be a ripper

I'll cut Frawley some slack, but right now Frawley, Dunn, and Bell look like dubious first round selections.

I'll cut Frawley some slack, but right now Frawley, Dunn, and Bell look like dubious first round selections.

I agree. I'm particularly worried about Dunn. He's been one of the worst of a bad lot so far this year. A real worry.

Bell's a fair-to-good player in my eyes, that should rate as a break-even when marking the recruiters.

Craig Cameron's time in charge is looking more abhorrent than I'd ever suspected.

Luke Molan, Steven Armstrong, Aaron Rogers, Daniel Bell, Nick Smith, Colin Sylvia, Ben Holland (Pick 21), Lynden Dunn, Moloney with pick 12??? acquired for Thompson, Byron with 28 and a shuffling of Draft Picks. Frawley with his diabolical disposal could well join this crowd.

It is nothing short of bloody ugly, I doubt there would be another recruiter with that track record of epic fails.