Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Demons V Magpies

melbournefc

Can the Dees get up and make it two wins on the trot?

Can they upset the Pies?

Is this the beginning of Melbourne's resurgence?

Big In's & Outs...who do you think will come back in?

70,000+ spectators....do you think our supporters will come out in force and watch?

Most of all....can we beat those scumbags! I reckon we can....

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depending on fitness:

In: Whelan, Holland, Yze

Out: Ward, Bizzell, Brown

I thought Bizzell was very good yesterday, but we need Holland to take Rocca. Can't think of another defender that we can afford to drop at the moment, since they all seem to have pretty good match ups.

You could argue that Frawley should go instead of Bizzell, but we can't forget that this season is over and as much as we want to beat the Pies, we also need to keep developing for the future.

For the first time all season, I hope we don't make wholesale changes. The team played well, and should be rewarded accordingly. A bit of stability will really help the side IMO.

Match-Ups:

Buckely - Carroll (run off him and expose his lack of match-fitness)

Rocca- Holland

Didak- Bell

Cloke- Frawley (big job, but he seems capable. If all else fails, put Carroll on Cloke, and throw Bruce on Buckley).

Collingwood are in great form, but they are playing as well as they possibly can. We on the other hand, have played 2 good quarters a game at most. If we actually turn up for 4 quarters, we are more than capable of beating them. On paper, we match up well, even without Rivers.

Hopefully Davey pulls up as well. If not, play CJ up forward, and let Petterd play on the wing.

P.S.- anyone who isn't working/ doing an exam/ lying in hospital on Monday, should have NO excuse not to turn up. Come along and show your support, because you'll hate yourself if you miss out on our annual Magpie belting.

I hope for our sake the supporters get there on monday.... It will give the boys a big lift hearing a big roar when we kick a goal... I truly belive if they play with the passion like they did in the 1st 3 quaters we can win.. But collingwood are a very attacking side, the dees cant afford too drop of in the last quater like on saturday or else they run all over us.. Hopefully heath Shaw doesnt get up...

Depending on fitness:

In: Whelan, Holland, Yze

Out: Ward, Bizzell, Brown

For the first time all season, I hope we don't make wholesale changes. The team played well, and should be rewarded accordingly. A bit of stability will really help the side IMO.

If Whelan is properly fit, in he goes for Brown, that's pretty straightforward.

Yze in for Ward, to do the same job just better.

But I think Bizzell out would be harsh. I see your argument but I reckon if Rocca starts to beat Bizzell then Carroll can move to him and we can work another option in for Buckley. Or we can show Rocca a mirror and make him cry.

A good 3rd-man-up (Bizzell in absence of Rivers) would really screw the poos, since Rocca and Buckley are both pretty slow these days.

Salivating at the prospect of Bell on Didak. A great opportunity to help the Channel Ten commentary team remember his name.

Yeah, definetely hard to predict as we don't know the fitness of players such as Yze, Whelan and Holland.

Although with Holland having missed the game vs. North Ballarat yesterday, you'd assume that he's not travelling so well at the moment..?

Whilst having said that it is too early to call the shots, I completley agree with Ward out!

I just watched the replay and did not even realise that, whilst he did some good things, he made far too many errors, and was the absolute stand-out at doing this.

We can't afford to do that next Monday. It's a massive game and Collingwood will no doubt be on their toes.

Tough call with Brown. I thought he didn't do too badly at all, but if Whelan/Yze are right and ready then.. see ya Brown. :huh:

Nevertheless, perhaps one of the harder weeks for Neale in terms of team selection.

And I'll echo Jaded's sentiments. No excuses. Get to the game. Or you will be kicking yourself like I am having had to work yesterday. :angry:

Assuming Yze is still injured the potential in's for me are Whelan - a walk-up start - and Holland if we want him to come in and play on Rocca.

As for omissions Brown and Ward are virtually always candidates IMO, and one of them is effectively a straight swap for Whelan. Frawley or Bizz might make way for Holland if we want to keep our structure the same, or we might go taller since McLean is probably getting closer to full fitness and drop both of Ward and Brown.

After a win I imagine ND will want to keep a reasonably settled team, so Dunn might have to wait another week. While there's not an obvious swap in the forward line for him (or Newton) he apparently played a good game for Sandy and it'd be nice to see him play.

STILL M.I.A. (best squad) - Rivers, Moloney, Bartram, Pickett, & Yze.

P.S.- anyone who isn't working/ doing an exam/ lying in hospital on Monday, should have NO excuse not to turn up.

I've got two huge projects due the next day, but i'm still going! :lol:

I am flying up from Darwin for this game (having a one week bucks party in Melbourne). So I hope the boys put on a good show!!!

Would hate to see the Bizz out 2 after pretty good matches.

Don't you mean down from Darwin :wacko:

My tip is:

IN: Whelan, Holland, Yze

OUT: Brown, Ward, Davey {injured}

Something tells me DUNN will get picked....he kicked 4 majors for Sandy on the weekend.

I know it's "not allowed", but would love to see Pickett back...

In Yze

Out Ward

Bizz must stay..i think he can play on rocca....holland would get smashed against Rocca..far too slow. the only reason Rocca didn't do anything against us last year was because he was carrying an injury..standing in the square all day. He's in dangerous form.

well actually...in old language..lol.. to catch the UP train meant to take the train to the city...so maybe catching the UP flight is the same...coming to the big smoke !!

Bizz must stay..i think he can play on rocca....holland would get smashed against Rocca..far too slow. the only reason Rocca didn't do anything against us last year was because he was carrying an injury..standing in the square all day. He's in dangerous form.

Ben Holland is made for players like Anthony Rocca. Bizzell is not a key position defender and would get slaughtered in the one on one positioning. Got to go for the gorilla on gorilla matchup here.

Ben Holland is made for players like Anthony Rocca. Bizzell is not a key position defender and would get slaughtered in the one on one positioning. Got to go for the gorilla on gorilla matchup here.

I'd be astounded if Davey played - saw him at Sandringham yesterday (Dees appeared at Auskick) and he could barely walk

The guys were great, really friendly, especially Daniel Bell and Mathew Bate who I congratulated for their games on Saturday. They really seemed to appreciate the pat on the back.

Paul Johnson is an absolute monster! I can see where he got 'High Tower' from. Nathan Jones is the most focussed looking 20-year-old I have ever seen.

Watched the replay again last night - how good is Wheatley's disposal - I forgot how good this guy can be.

The job Brown did on the weekend is one Bizzell could do, and probably do better because he is a smarter footballer and more likely to hurt the opposition the other way. Agree with Holland in though as he probably matches up with Rocca as well as with anyone else in the league. Don't think he played for Sandringham against Nth Ballarat though so may not be an option.

If Davey's out, Dunn straight back in.

The job Brown did on the weekend is one Bizzell could do...

i disagree. brown played in the forward pocket, occasionally pushing up to the half forward flank, but he did everything he could to keep mcleod deep in our forward line. when mcleod pushed up at center bounces brown dropped deep into the pocket, forcing mcleod to return. if brown had of tried to run off and hurt his opponent like bizzel does, mcleod would have had license to roam free. brown played a tagging role in our forward 50 this week, bizzell doesnt have the accountability to do that.

Im gonna go out on a limb and say Pickett will be back

I am basing this on the factt that he has done everyhting right since his indiscretion, and that includes good footy at Sandy

We need the great man on the big stage. Finals are not out of the question

Will they bring back Miller to Play on Rocca ? Wouldnt surprise.

This game will be a midfield battle, who ever can get on top and dominate will win.

Will they bring back Miller to Play on Rocca ? Wouldnt surprise.

Miller should never set foot on an AFL ground ever again

Holland for Rocca

held him to ZERO kicks last year

Im gonna go out on a limb and say Pickett will be back

I am basing this on the factt that he has done everyhting right since his indiscretion, and that includes good footy at Sandy

We need the great man on the big stage. Finals are not out of the question

I'd love to see Pickett back too....I think he has served his sentence at Sandy.

Miller should never set foot on an AFL ground ever again

Oh for heavens sake we get it, you have no time, loyalty or respect for Brad Miller........move on. Please :rolleyes:

That being said Ben Holland should be given the job on Anthony Rocca.

It is, after all, the kind of role he is there for :)

And does that mean Carroll gets Travis Cloke?