Jump to content

  • Latest Podcast: Bulldogs



Sign in to follow this  
WERRIDEE

LOOKING FORWARD TO FA AND THE DRAFTS

Recommended Posts

On 5/21/2018 at 12:10 AM, Rocky said:

i wouldn't laugh dan, but he seems surplus to our requirements.. i reckon we have other priorities anyway. but if he's going cheap, why not?

I think you answered your own question in the first half of your sentence. Even if a player is "going cheap" they still take a spot on the list and consume some salary cap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it's a best 22 line up you want hey?

COLIN B. FLAUBERT'S ALL TIME GREATEST STARTING 22:

FB: John West Salmon

HB: Howe Watts Wenn*

C Love Yeo Darling

HF: Mann Leays Hogg

FF: Smart Lyon King

R: Gawn Long Miles

I/C Dick Hird

      Ware Wolf

* Stuart Wenn  is an umpire but it just seemed right including him here.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Colin B. Flaubert said:

So it's a best 22 line up you want hey?

COLIN B. FLAUBERT'S ALL TIME GREATEST STARTING 22:

FB: John West Salmon

HB: Howe Watts Wenn*

C Love Yeo Darling

HF: Mann Leays Hogg

FF: Smart Lyon King

R: Gawn Long Miles

I/C Dick Hird

      Ware Wolf

* Stuart Wenn  is an umpire but it just seemed right including him here.

 

Nice work. I'm not going to prepare a full team, but I know that my half-back line is going to be Christian Battle Lyon.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Nice work. I'm not going to prepare a full team, but I know that my half-back line is going to be Christian Battle Lyon.

And I didn't even get around to including  my emergencies.

EMG: Eagles Hunt James Bond

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I think you answered your own question in the first half of your sentence. Even if a player is "going cheap" they still take a spot on the list and consume some salary cap. 

who would you rather have on the list la dee? darcy moore or jkh? or, let's just say, a mature-aged recruit from brissie or something? surely, if moore only cost a late rounder or something, we'd bite. 

Edited by Rocky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rocky said:

who would you rather have on the list la dee? darcy moore or jkh? or, let's just say, a mature-aged recruit from brissie or something? surely, if moore only cost a late rounder or something, we'd bite. 

You said that you would put a player who is surplus to requirements on the list if they came cheaply. I just think that statement is internally contradictory. If they're surplus to requirements you are wasting the limited number of slots allowable on a list for a player who, by your own definition, shouldn't be on the list. I'd rather take an unknown in the draft and see if they develop into someone who is useful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Nice work. I'm not going to prepare a full team, but I know that my half-back line is going to be Christian Battle Lyon.

Or the old half back line Newport Rohde Ireland

  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carey Laid Stevens?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if the op thinks there is fa to look forward to then he has nfi

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, daisycutter said:

if the op thinks there is fa to look forward to then he has nfi

Wow. By eliminating use of the upper case and now whole words, you've really minimised the amount of effort you need to produce your posts.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2018 at 9:40 AM, Colin B. Flaubert said:

So it's a best 22 line up you want hey?

COLIN B. FLAUBERT'S ALL TIME GREATEST STARTING 22:

FB: John West Salmon

HB: Howe Watts Wenn*

C Love Yeo Darling

HF: Mann Leays Hogg

FF: Smart Lyon King

R: Gawn Long Miles

I/C Dick Hird

      Ware Wolf

* Stuart Wenn  is an umpire but it just seemed right including him here.

 

Get a few of those from Trevor Marmalade's All-Star team from the early 90's, Colin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Get a few of those from Trevor Marmalade's All-Star team from the early 90's, Colin?

Well spotted.

The HF line was too good to leave out. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, monoccular said:

Carey Laid Stevens?

I would have thought Carey Lade Kelly might give you a bit more bang for your buck.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the coming draft, Melbourne has -

* no picks in the first round;

* one second round pick;

* two third round picks; and

* no picks in the fourth round.

We need to trade to get into the first round.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×