Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Post Match Discussion - Round 19

Demonland

8 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Not all of us Steve.  There were some of us still on the 'one week at a time' train.

Even od was telling me to throw the lid far away.

I still think we can make finals.  But yesterday we gave up a golden opportunity to get a home final.  Even if we didn't go beyond the elim final to see our team play a final at the MCG would be magical.  Now it is likely to be Adelaide or Sydney.

Do you really think we weren't all on the one week at a time etc... but why shouldn't we be able to dream and talk about success like other club's supporters do.

It has been 52 years of failure for this club interspersed with a few years of relative success. Even those successful years (remember odds and evens) were painful in the sense that more often than not we would just scrape into the finals.

Don't begrudge some of us some optimism after so may years.

In reality however just like against Carlton last year the team are playing for members and sponsorships in 2018 ... let's hope we don't stuff it up again.

Edited by Diamond_Jim
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, jackaub said:

Pls mate not the old young side claptrap The players were in the main poor and the game plan a shambles 

Not sure if you're serious or not....

Refer to my the post above.... no one cares about your emotions. Because if you're serious then I am noting going to play

Edited by Unleash Hell

2 minutes ago, jackaub said:

Pls mate not the old young side claptrap The players were in the main poor and the game plan a shambles 

Certainly didn't look like We had a game plan yesterday. 

Although being an old c..t I admit i have no understanding how the backline works within the modern game!!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JTR said:

I hate whinging about umpiring, as if we were good enough it shouldn't come down to that, but FMD what a disgrace!

How many times did they drop the ball cold when we had them pinned in their forward 50?

How many soft in the back calls were paid, especially for Swallow when he gets tacked and then just flops forward, dragging the tackler with him?

Etc etc e ****ing tc

McDonald cops a round arm to the head with minutes remaining in front of the interchange bevnch, nothing. Then Swallow lies on top of the footy gets tackled then basically arches his back up then down and gets a free kick. Despicable 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Didn't stick tackles, couldn't shake tags, didn't play the conditions smart enough, Ben Brown always kills us. That about covers it for me, we'll still be in the 8 at the end of the round hopefully so destiny still in our own hands.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, Deestroy All said:

That [censored] idiotic chip up the middle that ended up smashing Hogan may just about have put a fork in us. 

I thought Lewis was pretty good but that decision infuriated me and that was before I realised Hogan had broken his collarbone. Your kicking against the wind just play the bloody percentages like everyone else all day.

• Like 1

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Didn't stick tackles, couldn't shake tags, didn't play the conditions smart enough, Ben Brown always kills us. That about covers it for me, we'll still be in the 8 at the end of the round hopefully so destiny still in our own hands.

At least Norf won't be... that's one positive Dr.

The team seems to have a mental block playing Norf.. Team was  poor yesterday, poor execution and decision making cost us badly

• Like 1

The similarities to the Carlton game last year ring very true. Finals on the line, an opening presents itself, and we [censored] the bed. The only thing more disastrous is that this year it's our top 8 spot to lose. I can't imagine anything more embarrassing than missing finals in favour of the [censored] Drug Cheats, which looks a distinct possibility.

So far that makes it, what, 4 losses under a goal for the year? We could easily have been 14-4 atop the ladder. Infuriating!

Don't care much for Goodwin insisting on the irrelevance of the past. Clearly it is relevant because we continue this trend of dropping games against teams we're supposed to beat. It's habitual. Geelong and Richmond had zero issues last night dispensing of their cellar-dwelling opposition and cementing a place in the top 4. Note we struggled to beat the same opposition when it was our turn.

It would be so nice to go into one game this year confident about what we will deliver. I've already marked down the Brisbane match as a likely loss, leaving our finals fate in the result of the final match vs Collingwood. Can only imagine how disastrous that could be; we simply don't cope with expectation and pressure.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, deestar said:

Why macca handballed to hunt when he was in range was just silly. I honestly think they thought it would just happen today.

There were a couple of others, Hibberd and Tyson playing on instead of taking set shots with a howling game behind them. Surely with that wind kicking from just outside 50 shouldn't a problem. Why play on to get an extra metre or so?

2 hours ago, binman said:

Really, i thought they said on the telecast we won it and elected to kick into the wind

No definitely not,  I rarely give a toss,  pun Intended, but knew how important it was so I watched it..... might have changed the game if we'd won, who knows? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Do you really think we weren't all on the one week at a time etc... but why shouldn't we be able to dream and talk about success like other club's supporters do.

It has been 52 years of failure for this club interspersed with a few years of relative success. Even those successful years (remember odds and evens) were painful in the sense that more often than not we would just scrape into the finals.

Don't begrudge some of us some optimism after so may years.

In reality however just like Carlton last year the team are playing for members and sponsorships in 2018 ... let's hope we don't stuff it up again.

I'm not sure you read my post or the context of the one I was replying to.  Anyway, I shall respond.

Yes, I think not everyone was on the 'one win at a time' train.  Don't know about you D_J but many on here were saying 'relax we have this' and talking top 4, double chance etc. etc

I have no idea why you think I don't want people to dream about success or that I begrudge optimism - nothing in my post suggests either.  In fact I said I think that we will still make finals.  I'm just not gushing OOT about it but I have no problem with others gushing about it.  I will remain a one week at a time person who doesn't drink the bath water (see McQueens' original post).

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

1 minute ago, Hell Bent said:

No definitely not,  I rarely give a toss,  pun Intended, but knew how important it was so I watched it..... might have changed the game if we'd won, who knows? 

Not many games could be won or lost literally on the toss of the coin, but at Blundstone it can be.

We haven't seemingly dont well at all this year with the coin toss.

2 hours ago, Wiseblood said:

And because I love a positive:

I think it's become very clear, if it hasn't already, that we probably have the best young player under 21 on our list in Clayton Oliver.  Look at these for stats from a kid of 20 years of age:

33 touches, 12 tackles, 26 contested possessions, 12 clearances and 1 goal.  The crazy thing is that he is doing this most weeks.

This kid let's his football do the talking, and while he is still learning to mature and will have his moments, his year has been unbelievable for a kid of his age and I'm so stoked we have him at our club.  I feel as though he is already one of, if not the, best players to walk through our doors in a very long time.

Concur fully. Oliver at 20 is showing the rest how to go about it. Yes he makes some blues but if "soft as butter' Watts had a bit of Oliver's grunt he would be a super star!. In fact I would give Watts a chance against GWS but if he goes about it the same way then bye bye for me

16 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I thought Lewis was pretty good but that decision infuriated me and that was before I realised Hogan had broken his collarbone. Your kicking against the wind just play the bloody percentages like everyone else all day.

I threw my phone across the coach, it bounced up, hit the cat and then smashed down onto the floorboards. Cracked the screen. That Lewis kickin just flicked a switch for me.

Edited by praha
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Have calmed down but still unhappy.

So much at stake:  A Home Final was up for grabs!!!!

So little given by so many:  they expected the wind to magically bring a win, well it didn't.  Just didn't work hard enough.

Can only count 3 or 4 players that won their position.

Very disappointing

Should've kicked with the wind, can't believe we did a Cotchin. Tried to be too clever by half and expected the wind to win it for us. Just play the percentages 

4 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I missed the start of the game on Radio

Melbourne won the toss and kicked against the wind at a ground we know very little about??

4 hours ago, Hell Bent said:

No,  we lost the toss. 

I didn't see the actual toss but on the coverage they kept talking about how we kicked against the wind as it was expected to pick up through the day (which it did). So I assume we won the toss and kicked against the wind.

25 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

@SaberFang Goody would do well to listen to Santayana !! 

Agreed. How can you expect to avoid repeating the mistakes of the past unless your learn from them?

17 losses in a [censored] to that irrelevant mob. Unbelievable. When will it ever end?

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I didn't see the actual toss but on the coverage they kept talking about how we kicked against the wind as it was expected to pick up through the day (which it did). So I assume we won the toss and kicked against the wind.

Getting mixed signals!

did we win the Toss or not?

if we did, i will get angry all over again!!!

22 hours ago, Clint Bizkit said:

Anyone who wonders why Watts copped it for so many years, watch his game today.

cbf reading the rest of the thread, but I bet you had the usual suspects climbing all over you for daring to post negative stuff about Jackie Boy.

He has been bloody terrible since his return. No sign of desire for physical contact.

1 arm marks

1 arm tackles

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SaberFang said:

Agreed. How can you expect to avoid repeating the mistakes of the past unless your learn from them?

17 losses in a [censored] to that irrelevant mob. Unbelievable. When will it ever end?

It's exactly how a NSW supporter feels while watching State of Origin.

Just speechless, wondering when the humiliation will end.

Their supporters are merciless with their ridicule, and rightly so. 

6 minutes ago, faultydet said:

It's exactly how a NSW supporter feels while watching State of Origin.

Just speechless, wondering when the humiliation will end.

Their supporters are merciless with their ridicule, and rightly so. 

If i was coaching i would be making a big point about it. I don't understand why Goodwin is avoiding it. 

It isn't a Media beat up, Nought have won 17 games in a row....17....

Edited by Sir Why You Little

Goodwin's on Fox Footy Monday night. I hope Healy and King grill him about the North Melbourne disaster. It's bewildering that we continue making the same idiotic mistakes against a team who've lost 8 in a row and have seemed content about it!

Especially frustrating in a year where so many other stupid hoodoos have been knocked on the head. This has the stench of an elephant in the room that will linger all off-season until we can play them again.

Edited by SaberFang
  • Like 1