Fevola out of contract- and not happy with Blues offer

Golden Monkey

Happy to be corrected here but think Riewoldt has this and another two years to run now. I think we're al in for a bit of brutal change in the manner of drafting and trading in a few years time. I agree...certainly hope the club is lookig at this with seriousness. Those who plan for this will probably catch those who havent ( or done poorly ) on the hop!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One things for sure, we will have plently of room in our salary cap! If we were to go down this path, what would we do with Newton?

offer him a 5-6 year contract for 120,000 per year. see if he bites. if he takes off its not a big spend, if he fails, its not a big loss...

Don't go near him.

If we are going to trade for an older play get one with leadership who can teach our younger players how to train and behave. We don't have a strong enough leadership group to tame him and i'm not convinced that DB or CC can do it without one.

J Brown is a better option, but i doubt he would ever entertain the possibility of pulling on the red and blue and even if he did I am certain we would find a way to put him on the long term injury list.

In a completely contradictory way I would support Ben Cousins ahead of Fev, I like the way he trains (and my girlfriend likes the way he looks, which would help me significantly in my quest to lure her towards the Dees).

Why in hell would Fevola or Brown, or any footballer with half a brain would want to ruin there career and come to a dismal, disfunctional, tragic, useless, pathetic netball organisation like the Melb netball club. We will never, ever entice big name players to our pathetic organisation! Why do you think Judd didn't want a bar of us? He knew we were a mess.. From the coach, right down to the boot studder, we are a JOKE... So don't get your hopes up. I would rather play for marybrough reserves than the Melb netball club.

Why in hell would Fevola or Brown, or any footballer with half a brain would want to ruin there career and come to a dismal, disfunctional, tragic, useless, pathetic netball organisation like the Melb netball club. We will never, ever entice big name players to our pathetic organisation! Why do you think Judd didn't want a bar of us? He knew we were a mess.. From the coach, right down to the boot studder, we are a JOKE... So don't get your hopes up. I would rather play for marybrough reserves than the Melb netball club.

wow i cant wait for your 3rd post :wacko:

Melbourne didn't lose Judd's signature, Carlton won it, or more to the point Visy won.

We could offer J Brown 6 million a season and he wouldn't sign with us. Half the players we have don't have a passion to play for the jumper, as if any playing elsewhere would have a passion to play for it.

Again someone has said this in another post and it is true, very few play for the jumper as they barracked for other teams as kids, it is about playing for the $$ and for your team mates now days.

You might be able to entice a JB by stroking his ego... you could build this club back to where it belongs, top of the ladder, you could be the saviour blah blah blah. Then you need to show him more money than anyone else can as we have such bad facilites.

as for DICK Cheney have some solutions to the [censored] you're saying or don't bother.

The biggest problem with Fev is his attention span. He can wax and wain. He has days where he only wants to argue wthe decision whilst the game has continued around him. His focus isnt necessarily a fixed entity !!.On his day he's a very good forward.. on his day !! You just not sure what day it might be with him though :rolleyes::lol:

Fev's a dick..not worth the trouble..remember he's only been off the sauce for 5 weeks !

Don't get me wrong, I love this club more than anyone.. I've been a member for 19 consecutive years... But l tell you what here's a Solution, start from the top.. The President! He is an absolute goose. He can never give a straight answer. Appoint a president with a history of success, a president with a bit of passion.

Look Bailey might be ok.. but In my opinion, he was not the right person for the job. We needed a coach that could market our club to it's potential in it's 150th year, a coach who would draw sponsership and members to our club. And a coach that would scare the living [censored] out of underachievers like Travis Johnstone, Colin Sylvia, Brad Green and the rest of the fairy's down there. Sheedy was the man.

And then we need to completly overturn our list! The fact that Mark Jamar still plays AFL football staggers me... fair dinkum. Holland, Jamar, Mc Donald, Yze, White, Miller, P. Johnson, Chris Johnson, Garland, Robbo, Wheatley, Warnock, THERE NO GOOD!!!!!! GET RID OF THEM! These players will not take our club to any level.

And as for Cards 13 & condemed, there's no need to get personal.. At least l am realistic and honest. That is why our club is the way it is.. People like you two who always think everything is rosey.

Don't get me wrong, I love this club more than anyone.. I've been a member for 19 consecutive years... But l tell you what here's a Solution, start from the top.. The President! He is an absolute goose. He can never give a straight answer. Appoint a president with a history of success, a president with a bit of passion.

Look Bailey might be ok.. but In my opinion, he was not the right person for the job. We needed a coach that could market our club to it's potential in it's 150th year, a coach who would draw sponsership and members to our club. And a coach that would scare the living [censored] out of underachievers like Travis Johnstone, Colin Sylvia, Brad Green and the rest of the fairy's down there. Sheedy was the man.

And then we need to completly overturn our list! The fact that Mark Jamar still plays AFL football staggers me... fair dinkum. Holland, Jamar, Mc Donald, Yze, White, Miller, P. Johnson, Chris Johnson, Garland, Robbo, Wheatley, Warnock, THERE NO GOOD!!!!!! GET RID OF THEM! These players will not take our club to any level.

And as for Cards 13 & condemed, there's no need to get personal.. At least l am realistic and honest. That is why our club is the way it is.. People like you two who always think everything is rosey.

you love the club but think they are pathetic? thats like punching the missus in the face and then telling her you love her.

the media are doing a great job of kicking us while we're down, the club doesn't need it's own supporters doing the same. stand by your/our club no matter what, or support someone else.

you love the club but think they are pathetic? thats like punching the missus in the face and then telling her you love her.

the media are doing a great job of kicking us while we're down, the club doesn't need it's own supporters doing the same. stand by your/our club no matter what, or support someone else.

I second that.

Finally someone put into words my exact sentiments.

I'm not saying accept mediocrity, but FFS can we PLEASE hear some more constructive critical analysis on here?

The term is 'supporter'. Get your dictionaries out kids

Fevola

probably the only player in the comp that I would hate even if he did become a Demon.

I dont want this fool anywhere near he club.

Imagine Cousins and Fev next year running around in the red and the blue?

Membership 30,000 +

Club is out of a mess and look like being the Mighty Melbourne Football Club we once were

New facilities entice both of them

Still heaps in the salary cap

Heaps more cash comming into the club ie: memberships, attendances merchandise, sponsers ect ect

Cousins wins brownlow

Fev wins Coleman

Deez go deep into the finals and our youngeters get a taste of finals football and learn lots.

Theese 2 guys put us back on the map in a big way.

We can turn it all around in 1 year while the young guys are still comming up.

No brainer really.

I dont remember any team getting immeadiate success by simply buying 1 or 2 elite players

Even North had to buy quite a few to gain 2 cups in 3 years under the 10 year rule in the 70,s