Barassi membership ad

Real Demon

First time I have heard it.....not sure if others have, but Barass urging supporters to get on board.

Finished off the ad with "If it is to be, it's up to US!"

Good to hear a legend flying the flag for the club.........thanks Barass, I wasn't going to, but you've prompted me to buy a membership for my 7 month old.

First time I have heard it.....not sure if others have, but Barass urging supporters to get on board.

Finished off the ad with "If it is to be, it's up to US!"

Good to hear a legend flying the flag for the club.........thanks Barass, I'm going to get on to:

www.melbournefc.com.au

and buy a membership for my 7 month old daughter!

Yes I heard it this morning , and was pleasantly surprised.

Yeah, it was good to hear a legend of the game spruiking the Dees.

I've also noticed that he'll be at the MFC Shop before Sunday's game, and was there last week too iirc.

thanks Barass, I wasn't going to, but you've prompted me to buy a membership for my 7 month old.

Props :)

It was Gardner who said we may have to play 5 games at Carrara, he was quoted. It wasnt Caro it wasnt Ron it was Gardner. If there is anyone you shouldnt trust it's Gardner.

Yeah i dont trust him either!

Just Ron was one of North's past legends pushing a relocation only a few months ago, i hope his heart beats true, but if the clubs put to the sword, we dont need our past legends saying the same thing....

Barassi seems to speak on football like he has done for over 40 years with foresight that seems clearly beyond some people.

He is correct about the future about North. And despite snipes about whether his heart beats true he has been public in the media and present at many Club functions demonstrating that.

Its amazing a Club legend like Barassi cops the unnecessary flak he does.

Just was i was thinking, every week supporters on here winge that we don't have any past players and legends giving us help and support, and now possibly one of the GAME'S greatest legends and one of our own calls for support and everyone is questioning his intentions!

Perhaps this is one of our (many) problems, we're not trusting enough to accept help. It's always a conspiricy, just take his kindness and assistance and thank him for it!

Thanks Ron, and well done.

To be honest, I work in the advertising and communications industy and I think its a little lame and uninspiring, considering how crucial this time is for the club.

Well if you work in the industry , how would you have approached it ?

Is it only on AW ?? :huh: <_< who listens to that thats likely to want to go out and join the Dees ??..strange demographic I would have thought !!

Just was i was thinking, every week supporters on here winge that we don't have any past players and legends giving us help and support, and now possibly one of the GAME'S greatest legends and one of our own calls for support and everyone is questioning his intentions!

Perhaps this is one of our (many) problems, we're not trusting enough to accept help. It's always a conspiricy, just take his kindness and assistance and thank him for it!

Thanks Ron, and well done.

Damn right Pates...the last thing we need to do is slate any past MFC player for trying to do something positive, let alone of the MFC's and the game's greatest assets.

Anyway who wants to slate Barass should take a good long look at themselves.

We need his ilk now more then ever

Barassi seems to speak on football like he has done for over 40 years with foresight that seems clearly beyond some people.

He is correct about the future about North. And despite snipes about whether his heart beats true he has been public in the media and present at many Club functions demonstrating that.

I have the video of it if someone will help me post it it is in MP4 format, I have sent a message to Nasher but not sure if he has got it as I'm not too sure how to send them.

DeeReaming, you dont need to look at yourself to see that Ron only goes where the $$$$$ are. He has done nothing for the club since left his legacy of the dreaded 5 year plan, or should i say fiasco!!!!!

Those 5 years probably still stick in his gut too.

The thing is he is back now and we're not exactly flush with cash. I doubt he's a Trojan Horse for Vlad, so welcome back RD.

DeeReaming, you dont need to look at yourself to see that Ron only goes where the $$$$$ are. He has done nothing for the club since left his legacy of the dreaded 5 year plan, or should i say fiasco!!!!!

So why the hell is coming back to MFC then? :lol: If he want the $$$$ he could go to any of his other ex-clubs like Carlton where the cardbox king is now worth more than 50 poker machines in a social club.

I wonder why John Northey had such a good crop of juniors to work with? :unsure:

Make no mistake Ron is all about Ron, not the MFC. Where has he been before flogging his book?? Sydney. I do not consider him a Demon. Oh and where is Brian Dixon these days?? Bob Skilton coached us too, but he's never played on that. Slipped quietly into oblivion. Take note Barass.

Make no mistake Ron is all about Ron, not the MFC. Where has he been before flogging his book?? Sydney. I do not consider him a Demon. Oh and where is Brian Dixon these days?? Bob Skilton coached us too, but he's never played on that. Slipped quietly into oblivion. Take note Barass.

Ronald Dale Barassi.

Born: 27/2/1936.

Melbourne - 1953-1964, 204 games, 295 goals, 6 Premierships.

Playing Premierships: Melbourne - 1955, 56, 57, 59, 60, 64.

Playing Achievements: Melbourne - Captain 1960-64; Best and Fairest 1961, 64; All Australian 1956, 58, 61.

Inducted into AFL Hall of Fame as an official Legend in 1996.

Nah. You are right. A treacherous bastard if ever there was one. Did nothing for the Club. How could you think of capitalising on your achievements. He is probably in it with that worm Stan Alves! :lol:

Brian Dixon??? And you think Ron is about Ron. Sheesh. Dixon's antics in Hamer's cabinet are legendary. No wonder Gutnick would not have him in his side.

But you are right. Ron Barassi dont you go touching our $$$$ now. :angry: ..... :lol::lol:

Which station would you choose?

maybe a number of them.. like most clubs do

What do you think John Northey built his sides from?

The guys from the Barassi / Northey era are the ones we need as coaches and assistant coaches if we're really going to have a new, original approach to winning games. Those guys played for each other and won games against all odds regularly. Forget the psychological assessments and the powerpoint presentations. Who can do it?