Anybody else get an MFC package today?

Hards

A letter with a card attached, either bronze, silver or platinum, and a pack with a pen and a lanyard?

Is it the same package that was sent out a couple of months back?

I now have two platinum non-game admitting membership cards (the details on the back are slightly aligned to the right on the new one, otherwise its the same), two pens and two lanyards.

Spoke to my old man and he got the same thing, anyone else get this package for the second time today?

A letter with a card attached, either bronze, silver or platinum, and a pack with a pen and a lanyard?

Is it the same package that was sent out a couple of months back?

I now have two platinum non-game admitting membership cards (the details on the back are slightly aligned to the right on the new one, otherwise its the same), two pens and two lanyards.

Spoke to my old man and he got the same thing, anyone else get this package for the second time today?

I got one for my 9 month old lilguy. He got his on Friday. Looking forward to my first family day as a family

I now have two platinum non-game admitting membership cards

and you wonder why the MFC is not making more of a profit. I know it's a little malfunction, but it still cost $. A couple of years ago, both my dad, brother and I were on the mailing list 3 times because of different ways to spell our surname. We contacted the membership department to sort this out, yet for another 3 or so years they continued to do it.

So far this season we have only received one each, so hopefully they have fixed the problem. But it ain't hard to see how we don't make as much money as we could, with issues such as this.

I got a second lot of that pack on Friday, although to be fair it is because I requested they fix my records for number of years

as being a member, and send me a gold membership (as I have a common name, they've clearly mixed me up with the other person of the same name, I even got his redlegs membership card for a couple of years!).

Regardless, every single year for goodness knows how many in a row now there's been widespread issues with at least one portion of the membership phase (be it stickers, cards etc). Simply not good enough!

I got nothing... all I want are my stickers so that I can decorate my new car :(

i feel for you jaded, im sick of waiting also..il tell you another problem, a person whose name will not be mentioned refuses to put melbourne stickers on his car for the worry that he will look like a snob letting everybody know that he is a melbourne member...thats what the club is turning into in his opinion...

I bought a $40 MCC membership, got that sent to me ages ago, and then bought a 2nd more expensive Reserved Seat membership which I got today. So I have bought 2 memberships. :wub:

MFC members email yesterday advised that the stickers and other membership things will be in the mail with a 2008 almanac in mid March. It will be production of the almanac which is takeing the time.

Its cutting it a bit fine but fingers crossed we all get the package by 20 March (day before Easter) so can at least be able to display out stickers for Round 1 on Sunday 23rd. :huh:

MFC members email yesterday advised that the stickers and other membership things will be in the mail with a 2008 almanac in mid March. It will be production of the almanac which is takeing the time.

Its cutting it a bit fine but fingers crossed we all get the package by 20 March (day before Easter) so can at least be able to display out stickers for Round 1 on Sunday 23rd. :huh:

Looking forward to receiving the stickers also - Lets just hope there isn't another balls up with the print quality and its tendancy to fade.

Looking forward to receiving the stickers also - Lets just hope there isn't another balls up with the print quality and its tendancy to fade.

The kids package for 2008 arrived today by courier and some useful stuff including sports or art bag so guys can show off the red & Blue at school! Also face painting kit so going to be some home style faces this season!

Means the stickers and almanac will also be on the way and should be here soon.

Following on from the Family Day you can almost feel the season coming!!!

Although is now less than 3 weeks away the star cant come quickly enough!!

My kids each got a second pack today with the same rubbish that was in the first kids pack. My son was so cheesed off with his first one that he refused to go to the family day - he said "why should I go, they don't care about us". Now he has double the reason to be upset. Don't know why they sent a second one - probably just a stuff-up and a waste of money.

All this on top of my group of 4 being split-up in the reserved seat allocations - we are in the same row but now have seats 1, 8, 9 and 10.

The MFC is becoming an embarrassment and I'm finding it hard to be passionate!

Guest unstable punt
I got one for my 9 month old lilguy. He got his on Friday. Looking forward to my first family day as a family

my daughter got hers today, haven't seen anything else, they really are shocking the way they run this club. Look, l don't want to slag them off but they ask for it with inept management

the last two posts i find disgracefully and someone ( one of you guys) must write to the club- connolly, Gardiner even Bailey, this is not on!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is why we have just over 18500 members with the season under three weeks away. For me I'm not concerned as long as I get my Membership by round 1 I'm happy. However, I am in a battle to keep my daughter a Demon, the in laws have brought her a Kangaroos membership and the stuff she got in their pack compared to the teddy she got in ours is swaying her to the blue and white. Gez I hope they go to the gold coast.

On MMM Brawshaw is advertising Roos memberships we hear nothing.

This is why we have just over 18500 members with the season under three weeks away. For me I'm not concerned as long as I get my Membership by round 1 I'm happy. However, I am in a battle to keep my daughter a Demon, the in laws have brought her a Kangaroos membership and the stuff she got in their pack compared to the teddy she got in ours is swaying her to the blue and white. Gez I hope they go to the gold coast.

On MMM Brawshaw is advertising Roos memberships we hear nothing.

Ddrake this is deesasterous news.

Reading between the lines it could be that the club admin is totally Deemoralised.

Are they all are in limbo whilst they await a new CEO taking the reigns?

I hope she/he can breathe some life back into the administration....hell even the kangaroos are flogging us in the off-field department.

E.g. Where are the Red & Blue Army / 150th Birthday T-shirts?..and if we make them, lets pile them high and sell them cheap e.g. $20.00 so the whole family can be decked out!

I got sent a letter with a card attached, and a pack with a pen and a lanyard

Strange - today I received two mail items from the MFC.

One was a letter imploring me to sign up as a member. I understand there can be a lag, fair enough - I renewed ~3 weeks ago. However, on the same day, the second mail item from the MFC I received includeda pack with two items - a pen and lanyard(?), so they're obviously aware I'm a member.

Alas, I didn't receive any form of letter thanking me for joining, and nor did I receive a membership card - from the posts above, the card/acknowledgement letter came with the pack for most of you?

All this on top of my group of 4 being split-up in the reserved seat allocations - we are in the same row but now have seats 1, 8, 9 and 10.

The MFC is becoming an embarrassment and I'm finding it hard to be passionate!

That's terrible. Have you contacted the Club, and what did they say? I imagine they'd do something for you...

My kids each got a second pack today with the same rubbish that was in the first kids pack. My son was so cheesed off with his first one that he refused to go to the family day - he said "why should I go, they don't care about us".

:blink:

HAHAHAHA!

I got a letter today asking to renew my membership!

I've already got two!!!

Our club is being run by f**king monkeys! Can someone with a brain please step up! Good thing our club isn't in dire straigh . . . oh wait! we are!

:rolleyes:

I received a lanyard and the cheapest, most tacky pen I have ever seen - it is so bad that I am hiding it from my husband and I won't give my 4 kids theirs as I know Mr Deesrock will laugh. The quality is so bad - they must have got a great deal and made the players bring them back on the recent China trip. I fear my kids are being swayed as what they get from St Kilda is a million times better - caps, great pens, lanyards, t-shirts, etc etc etc.

My Dad also insists on buying our kids a Hawks membership each year - the kids ones are $10.00 each and what they get given is would about 10 times that. The joke is that my kids hate the Hawks and take the stuff straight to school to trade - oh I have raised them well!

Yes, things seem to be a bit disorganized at the MFC in regards to the membership package.

So all it takes to give up on the Dees is a cheap pen and the membership card taking a bit longer to arrive. Makes following them for the last 43 years without a premiership rather insignificant!

The number one priority for the new CEO has to be getting the membership department right.

It is not possible that a professional organisation cannot handle 20,000 orders. These are amature numbers for such a large company, and to have so many stuff-ups is completely unacceptable.

Memberships keep us alive, and our numbers are so poor already, that we really can't afford to lose anymore members through poor handling. Not only that, but every mistake costs money, money that we really can't afford to be losing.

I understand that the membership department had a few issues with staff members changing or leaving recently, but what they need to do is set up a full-proof system whereby anyone can take over at any time and get orders processed. Setting up a database of some sort can't be that hard, if an IT-idiot like myself can do it, surely they can too!

BTW, with all of their new China connections, there is no doubt the club can offer better merchandise along with the membership package. It would cost only a fraction more to give kids a t-shirt, instead of a plastic pen that breaks after you use it twice.